PDA

View Full Version : New Scout Build?

BootyBounce
09-21-2009, 05:12 AM
What are some of the new scout builds people are doing? I been experimenting with a couple with some success.

First:
2 duck boots, runes of blight

2 Soul Rings, Elders parasite, Enchanted Marchers

Shield Breaker, Savage Mace.

Second:
2 duck boots, rune of blight

health tube, then mana tube (infinite vanish)

2 Soul Rings, Turn tubes into Rune Axe, enchanted marchers.

Charged Hammer.

What are some of your successful builds? I been trying a bunch of stuff and can't really figure out what has worked the best. He is pretty weak early but late game he becomes a complete bad ass.

Cornelius2
09-21-2009, 05:43 AM
If the game is such that you know you can farm freely and not have to defend your base for a while, a runed axe allows you to wipe entire creep waves with vanish. This will allow you to farm whatever you want pretty quickly. But you have to realize that this option really is only good if you have the time to free farm.

The build I have been using recently is
steamboots
hackandslash
brutalizer

The idea is that with your vanish attacks, you will be able to maim and/or stun a target virtually every time you do it. Not to mention they will be disarmed and silenced at some point as well. This makes you very useful to the team and allows you to get solo kills as well. 1v1 They really don't have the chance to do anything with all of your disables and pseudo disables.

I like steamboots over enhanced marchers because the attack speed isn't needed. You will almost always be using vanish attacks. They can add 13 agility for an extra ~50 damage from your vanish, then set to strength to give you enough health to get out if needed. The phase ability from enhanced marchers is virtually useless on scout since he can phase with vanish.

Goonik
09-21-2009, 08:21 AM
If the game is such that you know you can farm freely and not have to defend your base for a while, a runed axe allows you to wipe entire creep waves with vanish. This will allow you to farm whatever you want pretty quickly. But you have to realize that this option really is only good if you have the time to free farm.

steamboots
hackandslash
brutalizer

I always thought hack and slash was a horrible choice for anybody. Anyways, the extra movement speed isnt needed

09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
I think that damage items fit better (shield breaker, savage mace, etc) and SB > EM on him

KnightDavion
09-21-2009, 09:11 AM
If you start the game with a bottle you wont have to return to base for at LEAST 15 minutes if not 20+. The bottle gives you enough surviability to farm either jungle or unoccupied lanes in between ganks. I usually end up buying ENhanced Marcher and make a good dent in either my savage mace or shield breaker the very first time i vist the shop.

MArchers are awesome since scout attacks slow as dirt inbetween vanish swipes. ALso you can click phase while vanished for even more speed. Run speed is 511 when using marches during max vanish I think...nearly the same as haste rune!

Magoosh
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I also usually start with bottle. With eyes over both runes, at level 6 when you start roaming, you should always be able to snag the runes when they spawn.

After that I also go Enhanced Marchers, Shieldbreaker and Brut. With bottle, I've never needed the mana regen from a sustainer, and never felt the need to pick up a Runed Axe, especially since I'm usually scouting, or ganking and never really have the time to just sit in front of creep waves for very long.

Artryafe
09-21-2009, 12:01 PM

steamboots
hackandslash
brutalizer

The idea is that with your vanish attacks, you will be able to maim and/or stun a target virtually every time you do it. Not to mention they will be disarmed and silenced at some point as well. This makes you very useful to the team and allows you to get solo kills as well. 1v1 They really don't have the chance to do anything with all of your disables and pseudo disables.

I like steamboots over enhanced marchers because the attack speed isn't needed. You will almost always be using vanish attacks. They can add 13 agility for an extra ~50 damage from your vanish, then set to strength to give you enough health to get out if needed. The phase ability from enhanced marchers is virtually useless on scout since he can phase with vanish.

That's the build that I am aiming for except with x2 Soul Rings and Bottle. Also I was thinking of putting either Whispering Helm or Elder Parasite in the item build. What do you guys think would be best, or should those two items be excluded?

Qwernakus
09-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I am making a scout guide, though dont expect it to be done just yet.

Jeza
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Duck Boots, 3x Minor Totems, 2xRune, 1xHealth Pot

Get 1 Soul Ring, Go straight for Steamboots and Brutaliser and move onto charged hammer. Whenever I feel appropriate I also get Elder Parasite. It gives more lifesteal than whispering helm and Crazed + Flurry means a hell of a lot of damage. You could go Whispering Helm to build symbol of rage but tbh you won't be likely to be farming that many items in your average game.

dreamex
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
To the people advocating bottle on scout.

Do you honestly think that scout has more use for bottle than Thunderbringer, Valkyrie, Succubus, Defiler, Soulstealer or even Madman?

Do you think scout needs burst mana regen to snag extra kills and dominate a lane?

If the answer is no, then please don't bottle and ward the runes for someone who can actually use the runes effectively to score a kill.

Scout before level 6 deals mediocre damage even with DD, has zero use for illu, regen, and haste, and doesn't need burst regen at all to succeed. Bottling on scout deprives true bottle carriers of their runes so you can play more selfishly. The epitome of pub-strategy and suggestion.

Honestly speaking, Scout's buff makes him a strong anti-carry, initiator for a gank, semi carry, and support hero.

Early game he's strong support with map knowledge and jungle harassment, mid game he's a good initiator in ganks, end game he's a strong anti-carry.

The counter to scout most times is a team push strategy during early-mid when he's still a liability in team fights.

This game is more than just you, try to keep your teammates in mind when suggesting things like Bottling runes.

Workdawg
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
To the people advocating bottle on scout.

Do you honestly think that scout has more use for bottle than Thunderbringer, Valkyrie, Succubus, Defiler, Soulstealer or even Madman?

Do you think scout needs burst mana regen to snag extra kills and dominate a lane?

If the answer is no, then please don't bottle and ward the runes for someone who can actually use the runes effectively to score a kill.

Scout before level 6 deals mediocre damage even with DD, has zero use for illu, regen, and haste, and doesn't need burst regen at all to succeed. Bottling on scout deprives true bottle carriers of their runes so you can play more selfishly. The epitome of pub-strategy and suggestion.

Honestly speaking, Scout's buff makes him a strong anti-carry, initiator for a gank, semi carry, and support hero.

Early game he's strong support with map knowledge and jungle harassment, mid game he's a good initiator in ganks, end game he's a strong anti-carry.

The counter to scout most times is a team push strategy during early-mid when he's still a liability in team fights.

This game is more than just you, try to keep your teammates in mind when suggesting things like Bottling runes.

/Agree, but scout has never been the choice of players who teamplay.

NoAuToGrApHs
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
thunderclaw double brutalizer. steam boots. nuff said.

Saffire
09-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I've been playing around with mock of brilliance on Scout lately. It's been fun.

Megan_Fox
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
a lot of bad bad bad

HttK_ProStar
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
went 45/3/16 building 2 soulscreams steamboots brutalizer shieldbreaker shrunken head. then i replaced brutalizer for savage mace and a soulscream for runed axe.

Navicat
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Shrunken head is a MUST imho.

Russa
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
went 45/3/16 building 2 soulscreams steamboots brutalizer shieldbreaker shrunken head. then i replaced brutalizer for savage mace and a soulscream for runed axe.

if u did this on a game it has to be either:

a) EM game
b) PUB STOMP
c) very low skilled game (noobs)

So ur option doesnt count.

Travakh
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Deso->Buriza leads to 1.2k double crits.

Problem is that scout has abysmal health as always so I've lately been getting skadi as his first item

RainbowPower
09-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Shieldbreaker -> Flayer leads to 1.2k double crits.

Problem is that scout has abysmal health as always so I've lately been getting Frostwolf Skull as his first item.

rockchalk
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
all stats

Cornelius2
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Frostwolf skull as first item on scout is just bad. He doesn't need the mana, it barely gives any damage, the slow is worse than Hack and Slash when you get 4 quick attacks, and it costs a ridiculous amount.

Steamboots + H&S costs about the same as frostwolf, comes in smaller parts, and gives more useful stats.

crayze
09-21-2009, 07:44 PM
You solve the health problem using items like Bracers and Steamboots, not by getting FW Skull :).

HttK_ProStar
09-21-2009, 08:46 PM
if u did this on a game it has to be either:

a) EM game
b) PUB STOMP
c) very low skilled game (noobs)

So ur option doesnt count.

Was a normal, noobs allowed tier game. What's my "option?" Just giving generic item build.

STFUppercut
09-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Personally it depends on what the role of scout is in said game.

Some games he can be a decent carry, others hes a ganker/anti-carry.

For scout i always start with runes of blight x 2, minor totems x 4, and one of the +2 stats ( forgot name ).

By the axe that chops down trees for the last hitting ability after selling a minor totem at side shop.

Carry build:

Soulscream x 2
Steamboots
Charged hammer ( lets you farm and gives more burst than runed axe )
Shrunken head

Anti carry:

soulscream x 2
enchanted marcher
h/s
brut

a_cloth
09-21-2009, 09:54 PM
my build for scout is perfect

1 power supply
regen items
loggers hatchet
steamboots agility
charged hammer
nullfire level 2
thunderclaw
rifthshards
flayer
wingbow
brutalizer

so you finish with
steamboots
thunderclaw
flayer
wingbow
nullfire lvl 2
brutalizer

All of these items give you an awesome scout that scales with attack speed

KARTlK
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Runed Axe. SIX RUNED AXE.

CheshireKat
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
brutalizer needs to come earlier imo. I also like to get slash with steamboots gives me a nice max move speed ;d

Llama
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Geometers bane should definitely be there. The normal increase to dps is usually enough, but these images also get your disarm/crit chance

BootyBounce
09-22-2009, 01:23 AM
I been doing some more testing.

Crown
Blights

Turn Crown into soul ring
life tube
mana tube

Complete Rune Axe
Brutalizer
Steamboots
Hack N Slash.

I find the brutalizer is very important and the rune axe just works in so well because of health and mana regain allowing infinite silences and vanish. The hack n slash I am not really sure about. Seems like its not really worth it. But when I do testing the brut and hack n slash the hero can not even escape but your damage output isn't to appealing. Really think you need shield breaker instead.

Tsang
09-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I just went 17-0 going Runed Axe, Marchers, Nullfire Blade (They had a Zephyr) and whispering helm. Game ended by that time. I highly recommend Runed Axe as it allows you to farm like a beast.

For the one who said Scout doesn't need a bottle. Its true that others can use runes more effectively early on, and I have no problem with that. However, as the game progresses, I think that scout is now one of the best carriers of a stored DD rune because of the fact that he can pop it pre-vanish and then go to town. Early on it does provide him with enough regen (if played right) to last him a significant amount of time.

Interfector
09-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Well I find that I play Scout in a very, very differently way to everyone else.
I don't buy any items to start off. I just hang back, don't get attacked, but close enough to get xp and gold over time till I can afford lifetube. That helps that if someone DOES get a hit off on you, you'll regen pretty quickly, and they'll have wasted the attack on you when they could have used it on someone else. Also, the lifetube is very handy to lend to the person laning with you, who's most likely going in for creep kills, so when they take damage, after you give it to them they'll be on full health in no time and can go back in. I'm always in the lane with the secret shop, so that when we get pushed back to our base, I can get a manatube. After that, I go for a shieldbreaker, not boots.
I don't usually gank at all early game, I just constantly farm in a lane, and ward the places around me so I know when the enemy is coming. When they come, I stealth and run. Once they're gone, I come back out and continue farming. After shieldbreaker, if i'm still going well i'll get a whispering helm at the outpost, and continue farming. The good thing about the whispering helm is that you can dominate neutral creeps, and leave them at the spawn to provide you with extra vision in the enemy forest. Usually if someone is coming for you, they won't take note of the creeps sitting in his usual spot watching him.
After farming for some time, I eventually go back to get steamboots, and go for a brutalizer. I also usually have almost full vision over the enemy forest.
If the enemy team has pestilence, and they're constantly trying to get me, i'll get steamboots first just for the speed to be able to escape him.
Upon having lifesteal, shieldbreaker and boots, and level 15+, you're able to take on Kongor solo (I got cheese the other day, anyone know why that is? I think I got it after killing him a 3rd time, do you get cheese after the 3rd kill?).
Now that you have the Token of Life you can be much more agressive, and with the shieldbreaker and brutalizer, you're pretty much OP. You can take anyone 1 on 1, and the brutalizer's 1 second stun is extremely useful in team fights.

1 extra point i'll make is when you're farming in the lane, and the enemy comes to gank you and find you're not there, it allows your team a free farm, and wastes a whole load of the enemy's time.

After I have all those items, i'll go for an Elder Parasite for monstrous attack speed, a Symbol of Rage which will help gain full HP coming out of stealth if you're low, and if I have a token of life or two, maybe a couple of doombringers. I managed to get two doombringer's once, and oh what it fun!

This scout is a deadly killer, but also great for assists. I will usually end up with 15+ assists after a match, and I only recall losing twice or three times since I got good at scout (well I see it as good).

Edit: Oh, and I two hitted Ophelia once... They were a bad Ophelia though, farming mid lane on their own...

nomado
10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Well I find that I play Scout in a very, very differently way to everyone else.
I don't buy any items to start off. I just hang back, don't get attacked, but close enough to get xp and gold over time till I can afford lifetube. That helps that if someone DOES get a hit off on you, you'll regen pretty quickly, and they'll have wasted the attack on you when they could have used it on someone else. Also, the lifetube is very handy to lend to the person laning with you, who's most likely going in for creep kills, so when they take damage, after you give it to them they'll be on full health in no time and can go back in. I'm always in the lane with the secret shop, so that when we get pushed back to our base, I can get a manatube. After that, I go for a shieldbreaker, not boots.
I don't usually gank at all early game, I just constantly farm in a lane, and ward the places around me so I know when the enemy is coming. When they come, I stealth and run. Once they're gone, I come back out and continue farming. After shieldbreaker, if i'm still going well i'll get a whispering helm at the outpost, and continue farming. The good thing about the whispering helm is that you can dominate neutral creeps, and leave them at the spawn to provide you with extra vision in the enemy forest. Usually if someone is coming for you, they won't take note of the creeps sitting in his usual spot watching him.
After farming for some time, I eventually go back to get steamboots, and go for a brutalizer. I also usually have almost full vision over the enemy forest.
If the enemy team has pestilence, and they're constantly trying to get me, i'll get steamboots first just for the speed to be able to escape him.
Upon having lifesteal, shieldbreaker and boots, and level 15+, you're able to take on Kongor solo (I got cheese the other day, anyone know why that is? I think I got it after killing him a 3rd time, do you get cheese after the 3rd kill?).
Now that you have the Token of Life you can be much more agressive, and with the shieldbreaker and brutalizer, you're pretty much OP. You can take anyone 1 on 1, and the brutalizer's 1 second stun is extremely useful in team fights.

1 extra point i'll make is when you're farming in the lane, and the enemy comes to gank you and find you're not there, it allows your team a free farm, and wastes a whole load of the enemy's time.

After I have all those items, i'll go for an Elder Parasite for monstrous attack speed, a Symbol of Rage which will help gain full HP coming out of stealth if you're low, and if I have a token of life or two, maybe a couple of doombringers. I managed to get two doombringer's once, and oh what it fun!

This scout is a deadly killer, but also great for assists. I will usually end up with 15+ assists after a match, and I only recall losing twice or three times since I got good at scout (well I see it as good).

Edit: Oh, and I two hitted Ophelia once... They were a bad Ophelia though, farming mid lane on their own...

nice i enjoy the read

i go for :
boots + 1x runes of b.
manatube
life tube
the dmg item the 1400 one
then the other the 1200
runed axe
then the riftshard

and last
vlads
the other helm the 950 one =
whispering helm

then transform it to Symbol of Rage

thats my build :) works good so far

TurpinoS
10-09-2009, 05:51 PM
-Enhanced marchers
-Iron shield
-Mana battery (the upgraded one forgot the name)
-If you can farm a runed axe before 20 minutes ---­ Get it to clear creep waves only
with vanish which makes you farm a lot more.
-Geometer's bane - Illusions can proc critical strikes
-Brutalizer or Savage mace - Illusions proc stuns, you can permastun and
permadisable any hero with brutalizer + Geo
-Nullfire blade somewhere in that build - Slow helps your 3 illusions beat on the target.