PDA

View Full Version : [Support] Trees

LOLWTF
03-15-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm new to this stuff.
I'd like to know where I need to go to edit tree's death animation. Also what do I need to go about doing to import my own tree models?
Thanks.

Strider
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
To edit existing file you'll have to open up the resources.s2z and locate the Tree's .mdf file, use notepad.
Use Blender/Max8 for importing new models.

LOLWTF
03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
So basically if I have a map with a different set of trees on it, I'd have to also have a..."resourcestreefix.s2z" or something with the animations changed in my game folder?

Strider
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
So basically if I have a map with a different set of trees on it, I'd have to also have a..."resourcestreefix.s2z" or something with the animations changed in my game folder?

Uh, no.

What are you trying to do exactly ?

LOLWTF
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=13192186#post13192186

You see, when you cut a tree or any other form of removing a tree, the tree turns back into its original model and then falls over. A few of the mushrooms are actually a tree as well. So I was wanting to change the animations to fit the tree model, and remove the animation on the mushrooms that can be "chopped" down if that is even possible.

Strider
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Right, open up your resources.s2z and located the .mdf files of the trees you used, now you will notice this:

<anim name="death_1" clip="clips/death_01.clip" fps="30" loop="false">
<frameevent frame="1" cmd="StartEffect death.effect"/>

Locate the death.effect, open it up

Look for this:
model="/world/props/trees/t_1/t_death_1/model.mdf"
anim="death_01.clip"
life="2800"

Change the model path to whatever you used for the tree entity, now I can't guarante that it will work as it should but its worth fiddling with it.