View Full Version : Simple questions wants simple awnsers
09-18-2009, 12:27 AM
1. Is there a way to know when your abilities are about to finish? For example I'm playing electrician and grip someone, I'd want to know about 0,1 seconds before it ends so I can chain asap with energy absorbtion... Is there a good way to have this information?
2. I'm solo mid against someone else, I harass him to the point he have to leave the lane for a while. Am I better to keep last-hitting or should I auto-attack the creeps (while still last-hitting as much as possible)?. On one side of the coin I'll push the line, but on the other I'll have maximum usage of my free time to score lots of last-hits.
3. Defiler (me) against Succubus mid... When she turns lvl 6, how do I not get blown up by her ulti? =p
09-18-2009, 12:35 AM
1. You need to learn to Shift-Queue (hold shift while you issue your next spell command and as soon as the current channeling completes you will cast your next spell). Also good for Behemoth, Magmus, Tempest and many other heroes
So for Elec:
1.Press Q to grip
3.Press E for Mana Absorption
4.Keep holding shift until the absorption goes off
2. I'm no pro but I would be looking to static farm here unless you can push the tower and get some decent damage on it. Or you can push the lane by spamming AoE and then go ganking (the opposing mid solo is less likely to call MIA against you if they are heading to fountain)
09-18-2009, 12:41 AM
1. If you look right above your characters name, there are small buff/debuff timers. The icon in the middle shows the spell, and the highlighted line around the edge shows the duration. Alternatively, during an ability like Static Grip you can hold Shift and press Energy Absorption. This is called shift-queuing, and will cause you to use your queued abilites as soon as possible, meaning as soon as Static Grip ends you will cast Energy Absorption.
2. Personally, if I harass someone out of a lane/kill them, I keep on last hitting and denying. If I have lane control, I see no point in giving it up any sooner than I need to. If you harass mid away, you can push the lane to put some pressure on, and this will give you a chance to check for runes.
3. Edit: Orixz pretty much says it all in one word. Stay away from her!
09-18-2009, 12:54 AM
2) depends really, if your like at half health, and you can't see their teammates in their lane, I would run back like a little girl. however, you should never push a lane during the laning phase. Cause it'll be harder to kill them again once you push the lane, am i rite or am i rite? 3) i really don't think defiler's good for ganks at all, she really requires the enemy to commit to a fight or become disabled to kill someone, or someone horribly dumb. mystic vestment might help you survive mes->ult->heartbreak early on. However if succubus does: heartbreak->mes-> sip bottle-> (after 2 seconds)sip bottle-> ult-> sip bottle-> heartbreak on you again, you're pretty much dead. either get more hp, beast heart or bracers, or have a butt buddy with stun nearby.
09-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Alright thx alot everyone, better awnsers than expected =D