PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Repulsor What to get first?

ExoticVenom
02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
What to get first? Hellflower or Null stone. I tryed both out and i like hellflower better cause once u get ur null stone i feel like i dont dish enough dmg out and hellflower with silence u can solo anyone in the game once u get it. So what u guys think?

Legato
02-26-2011, 10:11 AM
usually hellflower first

nullstone first makes sense if they have multiple single target disables

ExoticVenom
02-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Bump?

Khrrck
02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
It's situational.

Hellflower is good against heroes with escapes or survivability skills/items (I love using it on a :pred:) and for more offensive play (it gives a lot of damage, but doesn't give you any HP!)

Nullstone is good against heroes with single target stuns or nukes, and gives you more HP for surviving

yyr_
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Nullstone = Pretty much unkillable
Hellflower = More DPS still squishy as ****

If you can get away with hellflower, go for it. If not get a null.

Blikus
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
In pubs I will go nullstone first 99% of the time. The reason being here is survivability and the build sequence. bottle>steamboots>mana tube. At this point you can, with good rune control, keep your mana topped and gank lots. I micro my boots to int when im between lanes or not fighting and then str for fights. Next up is the ultimate orb and then finish sustainer> nullstone. This build order keeps your health up above most heroes in the game and this is important because people will always try and kill DR first.

Of course when I have my clan with me I will sometimes go for hellflower first because it is so deadly on Dr. However, it is strictly offensive and going first for hellflower means your hp pool is low.

pubs are always disorganized and all of my hero item builds reflect this aspect of pubbing.

Zeroxjeppe
02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Depends, I used to do like the previous guys mentioned here.

I finished boots, chalice and mana battery. Then I get nullstone or if theres more or less no single target spells , I get either hellflower first or get sacrificial.

Now I'm doing it a bit different, if I get a decent or good start, I finish boots and chalice, then go instantly for alchemist bones, gives some farm between ganks and you will be at 350+ gold in no time if youre not already. Nobody expects this and suddenly you can crush their ints in no time.

Of course if you get raped in mid, which almost no heroes should be able to do to you, then you cant do this.

ChikenMcTest
02-26-2011, 05:41 PM
In pubs I will go nullstone first 99% of the time. The reason being here is survivability and the build sequence. bottle>steamboots>mana tube. At this point you can, with good rune control, keep your mana topped and gank lots.

I play the exact same way!

knowitall
02-26-2011, 05:44 PM
BKB first. Manage your mana better and learn how to play him correctly.

ChikenMcTest
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
BKB first. Manage your mana better and learn how to play him correctly.

Oh come on man, for the majority of players in 16-1700 games bkb first is not going to be the way to go.

I understand why you need it when you are expecting to have to jump into 3+ players to initiate a gank.

But for us pubbers who can frequently find a solo hero out of position and have to use mana to farm; some form of regen first is a good idea.