PDA

View Full Version : FPVoD 4: Defiler

Glorify1
09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Defiler solo mid against a soulstealer. Videos aren't all uploaded at the moment, and none are processed. I missed the first blood at the rune, and the subsequent kill we scored off tempest, the video start with electrician and me mid. Again there is no sound, I explain it a bit in the first part description, and I honestly am too sick at the moment to comment on the video.
1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_E1CGV7J3A)
2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7rxQkJFWY)
3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p8J6kh_N2s)

Hurfdurf
09-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Good so far, thanks for uploading.

Glorify1
09-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Third video will be done in ~2 minutes.

binbo
09-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Can you still refill the Bottle with a courier? I thought that didn't work anymore? Is this game recent?

Santoriin
09-17-2009, 06:04 PM
hurrah ive been waiting for a new one of these

colonp
09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you.

Don't add borders.

twincannon
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
1:20 and 2:00, wowwwww. wp man

still watching the rest

Can you still refill the Bottle with a courier? I thought that didn't work anymore? Is this game recent?
yeah you can

Mephs
09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
You can make him fountain trip for you but not snatch a rune in a bottle (though he can still deny it)

tashi
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for these vids. I love how it's FPVoD 4 (not 5!) :D

calm
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
this is cool as it shows the rhythm of paying defiler, but I'd like to see a more contested game (+ also sound..)

i've watched all of them so far though, gw

Glorify1
09-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, Nome and I aren't really affiliated with the guy who posted the other 4. It wasn't really a quality game worth watching, and the only reason I posted this game was because of that lol crow tank at the beginning.

Anyways, two things basically happen.

I can record in game sound, but when I talk in vent or in game it'll playback my in game sound and not my voice.
OR
I can record just my mic, me clicking/typing/breathing, and be able to talk in game and on vent,

Obviously I can't go without talking during higher level matches, so I don't think sound is going to be viable.

sneakysob
09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Good vid. Hope to see some more soon.

Also, does this mean Nome has a Succ FPVoD coming? ^^

Edit: What do you normally build after stone? I usually get 2x bracers early as well, then again I don't get people that bad at mid.

Glorify1
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
No, he didn't record that game.

Depends on opposing lineup, any armor reduction will cause me to buy a platemail. Mass disables that can be prevented cause a bkb, and normally in most circumstances I buy a heart.

Xeteh
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I felt really bad for that Soulstealer, poor guy got wrecked.

twincannon
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I can record in game sound, but when I talk in vent or in game it'll playback my in game sound and not my voice.

If you are planning these FPVods ahead of time and everyone (who's important) involved is on vent, you should have ventrilo record a .vrf file while doing the video recording and then combine them together later. VRF files record yourself as well as everyone else.

Recording vent is real easy, just right click anywhere in the window and View -> Record/Playback.

sneakysob
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Kids abusing so much

how is this bird attacking me

damn abusers

wtf angel why u abusin'

Glorify1
09-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I guess I could record vent conversations, it'd atleast cut the 40+ minutes of silence. xD

Nome
09-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah, really is a shame we didn't get the double bloodlust. Great start hehe.

jf4nathan
09-18-2009, 01:05 AM
awesome video.. MORE PLEASE <33

Devile
09-18-2009, 02:30 AM
I guess I could record vent conversations, it'd atleast cut the 40+ minutes of silence. xD

Or if u have 2 soundcards (integrated and maybe a SoundBlaster) u can setup vent/game to 1 card (mic) and FRAPS to the other (output). That way u can record game sound and talk without your sound playing back on your mic.

Used to make videos of MMORPGs and had the same issues before having 2 soundcards. Tho not everyone has 2 soundcards.

Nice video. Keep them coming please :)

haunt
09-18-2009, 02:56 AM
got silence too late imo

Glorify1
09-18-2009, 03:00 AM
got silence too late imo

I don't intend on team fighting before 10, and even if I did I don't have the mana pool. Silence can be taken earlier, but in a lane against SF it's not needed at all.

In a dual lane, it's different, you don't get the passive since you're leveling far slower. In a solo lane, you get silence based on how you'll use it in the lane.

ChillyWally
09-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Great video and well played like always Angel.

Even had the Angel touch of "Are you a pro dota player pink ?" :)

GODLY
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM

Before getting bottfocked by the entire team, yeah it was humorous.

SF kills were manly. Good vid.

Glorify1
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM

No, my friend on vent was telling me pink was good and a pro dota player before the game. Sure didn't feel like one. xP

PeeBeeO
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
No, my friend on vent was telling me pink was good and a pro dota player before the game. Sure didn't feel like one. xP

Specially on the "bird hit me" part of it.

sym
09-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Well, Nome and I aren't really affiliated with the guy who posted the other 4. It wasn't really a quality game worth watching, and the only reason I posted this game was because of that lol crow tank at the beginning.

Anyways, two things basically happen.

OR
I can record just my mic, me clicking/typing/breathing, and be able to talk in game and on vent,

Obviously I can't go without talking during higher level matches, so I don't think sound is going to be viable.
so, you know.. a normal person in this situation would probably just not record anything, but you instead choose to put people through an insanely boring video with no sound

good work

Xeteh
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM
so, you know.. a normal person in this situation would probably just not record anything, but you instead choose to put people through an insanely boring video with no sound

good work

Man, if only you had control over watching the video or not.

pellwav
09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Nice video, looking forward to the next one.

Voulture
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
How did he die in 1:20 minute? Looks like you were at about 20hp after his hand and he had a bit more. Your auto-attack after wave is faster than his after demon hand? Anyway, very nice fraps, it may not give people an ultimate guide to play heroes but it shows what a competitive player care about. I mean, without fpvods i would never buy a courier for myself because i would never thing about sending bottle to the fountain etc. Good stuff, keep it coming, don't care about quality of a game; you posted this one just because of so close to death situations but you shouldn't. Whole game is good enough to be posted. ANYWAY.

Go, go Angel / Nome, post more.

Mephs
09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I never got why people bash other players in their videos, you win you lose, you make mistakes and sometimes your teammates just aren't up to speed either in a game. Pretty sure even pros have off games.

Elmy
09-18-2009, 05:51 PM
What do you use to record / compress your videos?

Glorify1
09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Fraps records, Camtasia compresses.

Glorify1
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM

good work __________________
Show your support towards changing the maximum camera distance by joining g_camDistanceMax 1850-2200 (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/group.php?groupid=65)

Meh, 95% of the people who comment and watch the videos have asked me to make more videos, so I did. Also, your camera isn't moving back, so gtfo.

Elmy
09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Fraps records, Camtasia compresses.

Thanks, but weird for me now. Fraps for some reasons cuts up the videos when they reach 4 MB. Like, it'll record about 2 minutes and 40 seconds, then start a new file. Am I missing some setting that can increase the maximum? It just starts a new one after it reaches that size. Or do you just attach yours together after wards?

I'm not very experienced with it so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Elman1
09-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Also, your camera isn't moving back, so gtfo.

Says a guy who plays on widescreen :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice videos. They really need sound though. Or at least voices/commentary/music. In the meantime, I'll watch them while listening to Yakety Sax!

Glorify1
09-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Nope, does it for me too. Just string them together and cut at the 10 minute marks.

I'd comment on the games, but my voice is all whiny because my nose is stuffed and I'm sick.

Loosance
09-19-2009, 02:47 AM
since there is no replay system for the moment, those videos are not that bad for people who are not used to the gameplay. It could be bad if a "rookie" watch a pro game and try to play like it with lvl 1 ganks and laning style etc .. this is just a common public game. I just think you should try to take usefull pov like jeraziah or demented with support style ... fed up of jeraziah runed axe.

Glorify1
09-19-2009, 02:49 AM
I don't jereziah too often, most supports I play are nukers like Pyro and ES.

Loosance
09-19-2009, 03:02 AM
glacius? accursed? or ricing heros like chronos/magebane/tdl/predator/madman ... those heroes need to be on a video, just to show people how to play them. I know its not funny to watch 50 min of farming but this could help to show how to survive/farm, just a suggestion.

Elman1
09-19-2009, 04:14 AM
By the way, I'd like to see more FPVoD of gimmicky heroes. Soulstealer was nice, but Defiler's a bit dull: she just spams Q, silences everyone and their mother with W and then owns buildings with R; all of this while bottle-ferrying continuously.

A few suggestions would be Pharaoh (You can pull off some nice ganking), Warbeast/Zephyr/Tempest (Show us some good jungling), or maybe a carry with really bad early game (Chronos/Magebane?).

Just my thoughts ;)

Avi1231
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Glorify, I noticed the weird graphical errors on your screen that I'm also getting. I can't tell if it was the SS blinking and it showing a purple steak in one of the corners or what. I've seen this crap with Dev as well. When he hooks from outside my screen instead of seeing the hook I see this stripe of crap the same color as the hook come across one of the corners of the screen; if it grabs anyone you see them get dragged my some invisible thing to the Dev. As far as I can tell this only happens when they do it from outside of your screen's vision. Any thoughts?

sym
09-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Meh, 95% of the people who comment and watch the videos have asked me to make more videos, so I did.

you could give these morons ANYTHING and they'll come crawling back for more

your videos are crap, record with sound or don't record

Elmy
09-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Glorify, I noticed the weird graphical errors on your screen that I'm also getting. I can't tell if it was the SS blinking and it showing a purple steak in one of the corners or what. I've seen this crap with Dev as well. When he hooks from outside my screen instead of seeing the hook I see this stripe of crap the same color as the hook come across one of the corners of the screen; if it grabs anyone you see them get dragged my some invisible thing to the Dev. As far as I can tell this only happens when they do it from outside of your screen's vision. Any thoughts?

The soulstealer one is the souls going back to him that bug out. Dev is the same when you hook into fog. Probably the anti-maphack having fun with skills cast showing in fog. That or the anti-seeing-skills-in-fog?

Glorify1
09-22-2009, 03:41 AM
The graphical bugs are from the anti maphack.

Xeteh
09-22-2009, 04:24 AM

Pretty sure you were the same one that whined about this before. You have two options.

Don't watch.
Make a better video.

No wait, three.

Shut up, no one cares about your opinion.

Glorify1
09-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Pretty sure you were the same one that whined about this before. You have two options.

Don't watch.
Make a better video.

No wait, three.

Shut up, no one cares about your opinion.

He's not good enough to make a better video, -em star. :P

PeeBeeO
09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Angel, you could make it bigger/without the black borders, other than that the video is great.

Who wants to hear defiler screaming like a ***** anyway?

I just turned on winamp and put some AC/DC while watching the video. :D

Glorify1
09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I actually think I know what the problem is with the black bars, I'll try it next video I make.

schneeb
09-23-2009, 11:14 AM

The lack of sound makes watching the gameplay better imo, turn on some mp3s if you have the attention span of a monkey...

lol @ the people saying defiler is boring then suggesting make a jungling video Oo

Avi1231
09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
The soulstealer one is the souls going back to him that bug out. Dev is the same when you hook into fog. Probably the anti-maphack having fun with skills cast showing in fog. That or the anti-seeing-skills-in-fog?

The graphical bugs are from the anti maphack.

Oh, thanks guys. I figured it was a byproduct of something S2 is working on. Glad you cleared it up. :)