PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Disciple in Patch 2.0.14.1

Manifesto
02-18-2011, 03:52 AM
In the latest patch, we've seen a buff to the move speed of Corrupted Disciple, as well as a buff to the move speed of post haste.

I've been doing some testing and a post haste, combined with a frostburn with level 4 static discharge leaves cd at a grand total of 510 ms, ALL the time, basically leaving him perma-hasted. Throw in a storm spirit and he maxes out (Though that's not really all that viable).

Personally, i'll be trialling this on my next cd game for sure. What's everyone else's thoughts on this? A post haste on him as well as the slow from Frostburn turns him into the best chaser in the game, no doubt.

ain
02-18-2011, 04:18 AM
In the latest patch, we've seen a buff to the move speed of Corrupted Disciple, as well as a buff to the move speed of post haste.

I've been doing some testing and a post haste, combined with a frostburn with level 4 static discharge leaves cd at a grand total of 510 ms, ALL the time, basically leaving him perma-hasted. Throw in a storm spirit and he maxes out (Though that's not really all that viable).

Personally, i'll be trialling this on my next cd game for sure. What's everyone else's thoughts on this? A post haste on him as well as the slow from Frostburn turns him into the best chaser in the game, no doubt.

:bloo::pest: Can already get to max move speed without spending 5k gold on items.

You're better off getting survivability items on CD.

Manifesto
02-18-2011, 07:19 AM
:bloo::pest: Can already get to max move speed without spending 5k gold on items.

You're better off getting survivability items on CD.

Movespeed in itself = Survivability, not to mention the frostburn can be split into geos/frostwulf.

My usual build with cd was ghosts>Hotbl>Shamans if needed>frostburn>frostwulf/geos>heart, so the post haste can still integrated, you just stick with regular marchers till after completing hotbl, then finish up.

painkiller`
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Movespeed in itself = Mobility

Fixed.

Movement speed isn't useful against disables or slows. The reason Haste works is because it makes you slow resistant (where I believe you got your notion from). Simple MS doesn't; so saying having high movement speed helps you survive is stupid.

davemire
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
thing is CD needs to be in on the action in teamfights due to the nature of his skillset which is why i'd take a shrunken head over post haste on him any day of the week but being able to run around at max movespeed is a nice gimmick if that kind of thing floats your boat. Could just go warbeast and enjoy the same effects much earlier on for 16 seconds a pop

knowitall
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Just get Phase Boots.

Bulldozor
02-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Just get assasins shroud.

Conduit and run after them in stealth, right when it hits max BAM crit half their health. Best build in all of hons)

Deansy
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Well, it was supposed to balance him out (in some way), but for me, cd was already balanced. As for myself, i would roll for steamboots(more hp/ attack speed) or phase boots (more MS and dmg). For now i've made Post Haste for Support heroes and Soul Stealer. Perhaps i will try them for CD aswell, but it depends on the situation of the game. If i get a sloppy farm, then i'll rather go sb/pb, but if opposite team has no slows or only a few of them, i'll try post haste.

Kraphty
02-18-2011, 12:29 PM

Conduit and run after them in stealth, right when it hits max BAM crit half their health. Best build in all of hons)

Interesting... going to try in my next 3v3 inhouse.

Ghidoran
02-18-2011, 12:31 PM
I think Helm and Headdress are even more viable on him now because of his AGI gain buff, which lets him do more damage than before, thus reducing the need to get DPS items.

EatingBurger
02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Or you could, you know, conduit them and then attack them, using your superior movespeed to keep up.

Also shroud adds a flat amount of damage, it isn't a crit.

Complaint
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Fixed.

Movement speed isn't useful against disables or slows. The reason Haste works is because it makes you slow resistant (where I believe you got your notion from). Simple MS doesn't; so saying having high movement speed helps you survive is stupid.

post-haste + frostburn does in fact equate to survivability. while it does also equate to "mobility", how survivable would you say a hero with 0 move speed is? if a hero could have a move speed of 1,000 how hard do you think it would be to kill? so saying having high movement speed helps you survive is stupid, is stupid.

and as for shroud: it's actually better when you overload -> conduit -> shroud

that way you're reducing armor and gaining copious amounts of damage for when you're finally ready to 2 shot them.

very gimmicky and overall a terrible build, but fun for a minute or two.

Kudryavka
02-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Phase Boots gives you an insane amount of movespeed already. Don't get Post Haste for the tiny difference in movespeed. If you wanna be Speedy Gonzales, do Phase Boots, a survivability item, and then Frostburn.

SB7
02-19-2011, 03:55 PM
CD with ghost and frostburn/geo was already one of the faster heroes thanks to his passive. He was already almost unkillable without a 3v1 or 2v1 with a lot of cc, because if you didn't kill him while stunned he'd just run away from you.

+10 MS buff (which is more like 15-20 MS when you activate phase + passive + frostburn/geo passive) basically makes him a wildsoul sprinting around everywhere

Donn
02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
phase boots + frostburn = 511 MS. mad??

MadeOfWood
02-20-2011, 12:09 AM
or you could, you know, conduit them and then attack them, using your superior movespeed to keep up.

Also shroud adds a flat amount of damage, it isn't a crit.
or conduit and ult drain all the damage plus armor ban backstab his ass off