02-15-2011, 09:00 AM
I noticed that lot of ppl got some blackscreen problems : several times per games, blackscreens then lags
But mine is a bit different : it happens sometimes (20% of my games maybe), but only when the game starts.
After the loading, graphics come out, but 2s after, i get blackscreen
Half the time, i get graphics back with no lag after 5s, but the others 50%, i don\\\\\\\'t get graphics back and got to restart.
I got a Nvidia card and drivers are up to date....
As you can read in some stickies, there are some problems with some nVidia driver versions (including the latest) in combination with HoN.
Anyway, I need more information about your system.
Please include, your RAM, Graphics Card, CPU, and CPU/GPU Temperatures. For any other issues, post the details on the hardware giving you trouble.
(To find most of this info, Start > Run > dxdiag)
Please state what version of Windows you are running, including 32 or 64 bit.
Please post a screenshot of your video settings in HoN (only necessary if you have graphical issues or crashes).
The K2 engine keeps a log of the console. This is often very helpful in identifying your problem. Look under the following directory for your console.log :
For Windows XP -C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\.
For Windows Vista/7 - C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Please upload (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php) your console.log and post the url.
Possible Solutions (in the given order!)
1. Rollback your video drivers (nVidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us))
2. Update DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)
3. Remove Heroes of Newerth completely (this step includes deleting the HoN-folder under Documents!)
4. Download the latest client and install it again.
5. If the issues still occur, try to lower your graphics settings and disable effects like Reflections, Post Processing and so on.
6. Options -> Graphics -> Exclusive Mode On or Off. Play a few games with it on, and a few with it off and see if you notice one being more stable.
7. Options -> Interface -> Disable Background Effects: checked
8. In Windows, add the command /3GB to boot.ini as described in this (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=158488) post. (This will more than likely fix your issue so check out the link!)
9. Stop all the un-needed background processes that start up when booting into Windows that you don't need (iTunes, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Office Helper, Quicktime, etc.) and any other process running taking up a significant amount of memory that doesn't need to be. (Only do this if you are an advanced computer user). Even running HoN without a browser in the background could help. (Yes even if you have 4 to 8GB of memory!) If you are consistently crashing when loading into the game, especially after the first game, it is almost certainly due to HoN being unable to allocate more memory.
10. Switch to openGL mode (edit HoN shortcut and add "-vid vid_gl2" to the end)