PDA

View Full Version : AFK - how does it work?

RoyalRumble
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
How does hon know that you are afk ?

haschisch
02-03-2011, 06:25 PM
one won't get information on this so one can't circumvent it easily.

Vahn
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
The system checks your heroes overall actions in the last few minutes, depending on some criteria like being in combat and being in the base it determines if you meet the criteria to be considered AFK.
The I don't know the exact requirements to be marked AFK and I doubt any S2 staff will be will to give them as if people knew that then you would use the information to avoid the AFK system.

RoyalRumble
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
The system checks your heroes overall actions in the last few minutes, depending on some criteria like being in combat and being in the base it determines if you meet the criteria to be considered AFK.
The I don't know the exact requirements to be marked AFK and I doubt any S2 staff will be will to give them as if people knew that then you would use the information to avoid the AFK system.

ye thats one side of the coin the other side would be what to do solo vs a trilane ? hiding in the woods leeching xp well have fun beeing marked as afk! + kick for sure because "you noob hiding in the woods get out and fight!"

haschisch
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
you'll not be marked afk for hiding in the woods and leeching xp.

RoyalRumble
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
you'll not be marked afk for hiding in the woods and leeching xp.

dude this happened to me thats why i opened this thread...

haschisch
02-03-2011, 08:25 PM
you were afk-kicked while getting xp from lanecreeps? are you sure it was not a normal kick?
if you are sure, provide a match id pls.

RoyalRumble
02-03-2011, 09:44 PM
you were afk-kicked while getting xp from lanecreeps? are you sure it was not a normal kick?
if you are sure, provide a match id pls.

im sure it wasnt normal kick i was marked afk so the team was able to kick me with 4 votes

Epic_Sausage
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I know for a fact that staying within the boundries of your base MOVING, it will have a longer timer and the option to kick will come into the play.

I know this as I was once in a game a whole back, three of our raxes were down and I was the one defending. Running around like a sodding loony to distract the creeps. I then got a warning saying if I didn't leave the base I would be marked AFK and kicked.

Nikomof
02-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Seems like afk needs a rework.

send s2 an email with a match id for fix :p

saucebrune
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
AFK S2 staff right noW?

Jotain
02-04-2011, 10:35 AM
AFK S2 staff right noW?

AFK system is not in resource files so ElementUser cant help you. And he is only s2 posting here.