01-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Like the title says, the game simply hangs 3-5 seconds after everyone selects his hero and "loads". It also almost completely hangs the machine too, and for some reason it randomly turns my monitor off and on if I alt-tab or go into Task Manager.
I've had this happen both in Practice games and TMM matches. So far, I've tried deleting all mods, reinstalling the game, updating whatever I could find, but without any success.
Can anyone help me out?
Try dis-/enabling Exclusive Mode.
Sorry, but your post does not meet our requirements for technical support. Please respond with all the requirements so we can further help you.
Provide your system information to ensure your system is compatible with HoN. In particular, your graphics card must be at least shader model 2 or opengl 2.0 compliant. The Intel GMA 9xx series and prior are not supported.
Please include, your RAM, Graphics Card, CPU, and CPU/GPU Temperatures. For any other issues, post the details on the hardware giving you trouble.
(To find most of this info, Start > Run > dxdiag)
Please state what version of Windows you are running, including 32 or 64 bit.
Please post a screenshot of your video settings in HoN (only necessary if you have graphical issues or crashes).
The K2 engine keeps a log of the console. This is often very helpful in identifying your problem. Look under the following directory for your console.log :
For Windows XP -C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\.
For Windows Vista/7 - C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Please upload (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php) your console.log and post the url.
If your game is crashing, it will ask you to save a crash dump. Click yes. It will then tell you where it was saved.
Please upload (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php) this crash dump and post the URL to the file.
Possible Solutions (in the given order!)
1. Update your video drivers (nVidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)/ ATI (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx)/ Intel (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx))
2. Update DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)
3. Remove Heroes of Newerth completely (this steps includes deleting the HoN-folder under Documents!)
4. Download the latest client and install it again.
5. If the crashes and framrate issues still occur, try to lower your graphics settings and disable effects like Reflections, Post Processing and so on.