01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
For some heroes it's just their ultimate ability like Witchslayer's Graveyard. For others, it is other abilities like Nymphora's Volatile Pod. When I press the hotkey, whether it be QWER, my HoN freezes for a period of 1-5 seconds.
If I consistently press Q for let's say Nympora's Volatile Pod, but then cancel the effect then I will only freeze for about 1 second. If I don't press the Q key for maybe 1-2 minutes, I will freeze for about 5 seconds.
The interesting bit is that my character during this time will run back to the well as if I'm disconnecting.
I've had this issue before the patch it has just gotten worse recently. I also have no other issues while playing this game.
I've tried reinstalling too, but no such luck.
Sorry, but your post does not meet our requirements for technical support. Please respond with all the requirements so we can further help you.
Provide your system information to ensure your system is compatible with HoN. In particular, your graphics card must be at least shader model 2 or opengl 2.0 compliant. The Intel GMA 9xx series and prior are not supported.
Please include, your RAM, Graphics Card, CPU, and CPU/GPU Temperatures. For any other issues, post the details on the hardware giving you trouble.
(To find most of this info, Start > Run > dxdiag)
Please state what version of Windows you are running, including 32 or 64 bit.
Please post a screenshot of your video settings in HoN (only necessary if you have graphical issues or crashes).
The K2 engine keeps a log of the console. This is often very helpful in identifying your problem. Look under the following directory for your console.log :
For Windows XP -C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\.
For Windows Vista/7 - C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Please upload (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/upload.php) your console.log and post the url.
Possible Solutions (in the given order!)
1. Update your video drivers (nVidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)/ ATI (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx)/ Intel (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx))
2. Update DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)
3. Remove Heroes of Newerth completely (this steps includes deleting the HoN-folder under Documents!)
4. Download the latest client and install it again.
5. If the crashes and framrate issues still occur, try to lower your graphics settings and disable effects like Reflections, Post Processing and so on.