01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
For the last few updates, I've had to result to downloading the entire client and reinstalling because my hon crashes when it is applying the update.
1) Open hon
2) Click yes to update
3) Downloads update
4) Opens the black screen with white loader to apply the update
5) Crashes immediately
1) Console.log (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/view.php?key=e3039d40a3bf5b20&action=view)
2) Crash dump 1 (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/view.php?key=bb443df2f07d06ed&action=download)
3) Crash dump 2 (http://tools.heroesofnewerth.com/view.php?key=3e28948b24a1b755&action=download)
01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Looks i can update from 2.0.8 to 18.104.22.168 however i think the problem may come back.
Just open a new thread if the problem comes back and please provide more information next time.
Provide your system information to ensure your system is compatible with HoN. In particular, your graphics card must be at least shader model 2 or opengl 2.0 compliant. The Intel GMA 9xx series and prior are not supported.
Please include, your RAM, Graphics Card, CPU, and CPU/GPU Temperatures. For any other issues, post the details on the hardware giving you trouble.
(To find most of this info, Start > Run > dxdiag)
Please state what version of Windows you are running, including 32 or 64 bit.
Please post a screenshot of your video settings in HoN (only necessary if you have graphical issues or crashes).
Possible Solutions (in the given order!)
1. Update your video drivers (nVidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)/ ATI (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx)/ Intel (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx))
2. Update DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3)
3. Remove Heroes of Newerth completely (this steps includes deleting the HoN-folder under Documents!)
4. Download the latest client and install it again.
5. If the crashes and framrate issues still occur, try to lower your graphics settings and disable effects like Reflections, Post Processing and so on.