PDA

View Full Version : [Crash] New Update Disconnects Me in Game

Makedonia
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I was in the best match earlier today, it was around 70 minutes through when all of a sudden my HoN freezes up. Fair enough, it happens pretty often so I'm used to it. But when I log back in I was required to download the 2.0.8 update, to which I did. When I tried reconnecting the version did not match the server.

I usually wouldn't care, but this particular game I was in was 70 minutes through and very close. It'd have to be one of, if not the funnest game I've been in.
Two of their heroes were dead and I was killing their barracks, almost achieving mega creeps, when HoN crashes.
Needless to say we ended up losing after I disconnected. If I hadn't disconnected it was almost a certain win at that point.

A great game ruined by some useless update containing a crab...

How about you fix all these problems before you release more updates.

By the way I'm on Mac, and like I said I usually wouldn't care but HoN needs to get its problems fixed if it wants to retain any (if there is any left) credit of the technical side of things regarding the game.

Evil_Andrex
01-21-2011, 10:20 PM
You can press No to stop the updates. It will log in with old client version allowing a reconnect

Makedonia
01-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Lol, well I didn't know that.

That is besides the point though, problems like this shouldn't happen, and if your blaming the consumer then you are only kidding yourself.

Vahn
01-21-2011, 11:31 PM
It very clearly asks if you want to update, it's common sense that you can't play a game that started on 2.0.7 if you update to 2.0.8. There is really nothing S2 can do to prevent this if you decide to press yes to the update.
Working as intended.