PDA

View Full Version : [Support] Spell modifier

Warrdden
12-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi, I'm actualy trying to make a map where on of the heroes is modified (Devourer). I succesfully changed his third ability to modify hook radius thanks to this code :

//Devourer Ability 3//
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ability
name="Ability_Devourer3"

icon="icon.tga"

maxlevel="8"
requiredlevel="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"

actiontype="passive"

modifierkey="Devourer_Ability3_1,Devourer_Ability3_2,Devourer_A bility3_3,Devourer_Ability3_4,Devourer_Ability3_5, Devourer_Ability3_6,Devourer_Ability3_7,Devourer_A bility3_8"
>
</ability>

then by adding thoses lines in projectile.entity:

<modifier key="Devourer_Ability3_1" modpriority="200"
touchradius="85"

/>

etc... until Devourer_Ability3_8

That works fine , but I also tried to make the same thing with the second ability to modify the hook speed. It doesnt work , it seems that it's a problem of priorirty because with only 1 spell upgraded , it works, but with the both it doesnt. I tried without priority, with different , with same, nothing works.

I'm not sure I was clear but if a S2 games develeper can help me (I'm dreaming I guess ^^) I will be very happy.

Sincerly yours,

LonJAXsoN
12-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm making dev wars too, ran into the same problem, actually.

I have the first spell, which is an active, upgrade the length of the hook. That was easy. I have the second spell, passive, upgrade the speed... works fine. I have the third spell, passive, upgrade the radius... works fine. But when the second and third spells both have levels in them, only one works.

The fourth passive will be damage for the hook, after i figure out this priority crap.

How much do you have done? Maybe we can work together on this since they probably won't approve two separate dev wars maps... I guess I shouldn't ASSUME you're doing dev wars.

Warrdden
12-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm making dev wars too, ran into the same problem, actually.
How much do you have done? Maybe we can work together on this since they probably won't approve two separate dev wars maps... I guess I shouldn't ASSUME you're doing dev wars.

You were right ^^ I'm makking it too. Well I'm all for working together. I actualy finished the map itself, I'm trying to fix this priority **** ^^, also trying to set items restrictions and modify items etc... I can give you my own mumble or skype by PM if you want.

Warrdden
12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
This post is still open for help about the modifierkey priority stuff etc... or if you need help to change heroes ability.