PDA

View Full Version : Writhing Mass [Hellborne STR]

HClCaSaT
09-07-2009, 03:41 AM
Writhing Mass

Hellborne - STR

http://www.wyomingcowgirl.com/scr-WholeBallofWorms2.jpg

Model: Teeming mass of slimy black leeches. Attack animation is an amoeba like arm that stretches out and whips the target, spraying a few small leeches with each strike.

Concept: Writhing Mass is the creation of a demented Sorceror. It has gained a level of sentience and now swarms across Newerth, drinking from the lifeblood of all living creatures. The Writhing Mass has a high Strength, moderate-low Agility, and moderate Intelligence. He has a moderate-high movespeed, moderate-low armor, and moderate-high magic armor. He has a fairly quick rate of attack and good attack animation.

Abilities

Parasite (Active)

Range: 600
Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 17/16/15/14

Releases one of the larger leeches that make up Writhing Mass's body. Projectile speed Medium-Fast. Attaches to target hero or unit, stunning for .1sec and draining 90/140/190/240 HP over 6 seconds, then returns to Writhing Mass and heals him for the same amount, at the same rate.

Nauseating Burst (Passive)

Range: Area of Effect: 200

10/10/20/20% of Writhing Mass's attacks contain a leech which has an organ filled with putrid bile. When such an attack is made, the organ bursts, spraying the area with the foul smelling substance. Enemy units within the AOE are silenced for 1/1/1/2 seconds and slowed by 5/10/10/10% for three seconds. There is an equal chance for this effect to proc every time writhing mass is attacked.

Propagation (Active)

Mana Cost: 70/100/130/160
Cooldown: 20s
Duration: 24s

The Writhing Mass grows so large that it splits off to form a second mass (illusion). This propagation takes 350% damage and deals 35/50/65/80% damage. The propagation has half the chance to proc a Nauseating Burst as Writhing Mass when it attacks or is attacked. The propagation has the Infestation ability which has a range of 350, cooldown of 10s and gives true sight (but not sight) of a target unit for 6s. The propagation takes 35% of its max hp in pure damage when it uses this ability.

Thrive (Passive)

Each Level of Thrive improves Writhing Mass's other Abillities in the following Ways:

Parasite: Increases drain/heal amount by 30, reduces the time it takes to drain and return HP by one second, for a total of two seconds faster.

Nauseating Burst: Increases chance to activate by 2%, increases slow quantity by 2%

Propagate: Reduces the damage Propagations take by 50%, and increases the damage they deal by 6%.

Also: Increases Writhing Mass's Armor and HP regeneration by 1/2/3. Causes Writhing Mass to drop a 150/250/350 hp leech every five seconds, which is neither mobile nor invisible, and has a sight range of 200/250/300. It lasts twenty seconds and has the same chance to produce a Nauseating Burst when attacked as Writhing Mass. Gives a bounty of 8/10/12 if slain.

Item Suggestions

Writhing Mass operates on a few key maxims: Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and Tankiness. As such, a key item for him would be Steam Boots. Alchemist's bones would also help him proc his Slow/Silence, and would help him farm until his illusion got strong enough to make much of a difference in his farming. Helm of the Black Legion would be useful as it is for any tank. Shrunken Head would help him avoid spells which might prevent him from procing his slow/silence. In the Late Game, a good item set for him would be Helm of the Black Legion, Alchemist's Bones, Homecoming Stones, Shrunken Head, Behemoth's Heart, and Steam Boots. Hack and Slash could also be considered for the Movement/Attack Speed and Strength, and would probably be a good replacement for Alchemist's Bones in that build.

Isador1
09-07-2009, 04:44 AM
concept: fairly unique, from the HoN point of view (would fit in some random horror movie) with good graphics and animations, this could look really vicious and ugly :)

1. skill: somehow a delayed succubus lifedrain, however this twist changes gameplay enough to make the skill unique. I think you should improve the numbers. after all it heals/damages less than succubus, over a much much longer time.

2. skill: I like it.

3. skill: generic high damage illusion skill. maybe add something.

4. skill: this is unfortunately just forced synergy and brings nothing new to the gameplay of this hero, just makes him a bit stronger. has to be changed, imo.

I still like him, because he requires offensive gameplay:
to help his team, he would have to be attacked (=silence) but why would a smart enemy team bother attacking a high hp, fast regenerating, silencing hero with an illusion?
so, he really has to provoke them, initiate fights and take risks.

HClCaSaT
09-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Based on your feedback, I have introduced a minor improvement to his ultimate that gives him a vision granting ability slightly similar to toxin ward. I also improved his first ability slightly (10 damage/heal per level) and made explicit that his illusion has the same chance to proc Nauseating Burst as Writhing Mass when hit (but not when it attacks).

Also made explicit the total improvement in drain/heal speed from ulti.

Also made some item suggestions.

Isador1
09-07-2009, 05:25 AM
there's a lot more potential in this hero than you first may think. damn commentless downvoters.
I like the improvement on the ultimate.
can nauseating burst be procced by damage spells? (I'd say yes)
how much bounty for the dropped leeches?
y-vote for this poll.

Rentaromon
09-07-2009, 07:33 AM
theme: a monster type thing, but made of leeches, it has potential.

1st: good, but maybe make it work by percentage, that way it gives more when used on a str hero so it takes a bit more thinking but with more reward when you think.

2nd: i like it, its a good passive.

3rd: meh. to many clone powers with the heroes people are makeing. try thinking of another idea.

ulti: hmm another pasive? and its his ulti? may want to reconsider, but its ok.

HClCaSaT
09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Based on your feedback, I have improved the illusion based ability somewhat.

RadicalRhyme
09-07-2009, 05:41 PM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=2665&highlight=Markimedes

Perhaps a merger could be discussed?

HClCaSaT
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=2665&highlight=Markimedes

Perhaps a merger could be discussed?

Hmm, that's interesting. I think it might be better to just let the better leech-concept hero win, they aren't particularly miscible. Not that it matters, but no, I hadn't seen your hero suggestion before I made mine.