PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare lag when moving mouse to the corner of the screen :|

vulcZ
12-15-2010, 12:56 AM
I played a game today and ran into something that made the game unplayable for me. Whenever I move my mouse cursor to either the top right corner, or bottom right corner of the screen, I experience game stutter. Almost microstutter-like. This wasn't happening yesterday. Two things happened today; I updated to the new patch, and also updated to the latest Catalyst 10.12 drivers from AMD. My currently setup is as follows:

Core 2 Quad 9450
8GB RAM
HD 5970
OCZ Vertex LE

Blah blah blah. Anyone else encounter this? I have tried rebooting, playing with game settings, etc, nothing fixes it. I haven't tried going back on my display drivers yet, but I'm willing to try that next. The problem is extremely easy for me to replicate. I don't have to be in a game to see it. It happens anywhere and everywhere in the game. You can try it also. Move your mouse cursor to either the top right corner, or bottom right corner of your screen and tell me if you experience any kind of slight stutter.

Thanks!

vulcZ
12-15-2010, 01:53 AM
**update**

Yep, when I move my mouse cursor and let it sit at both bottom right and top right corners of the screen my FPS drops to about 8.

Doesn't happen on the left corners though :/

XIII
12-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I was searching the net when it lead me here, funny thing is, I also updated my Catalyst to 10.12 before this happened, I have the same video card, HD 5970, mine only lags when I move my mouse cursor to the top right corner, anywhere else is fine. It seems to be a problem with Catalyst as it happens even when I'm not playing HoN.

vulcZ
12-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Yeah I just went back to the 10.11 and the problem went away, weird :/

Apewall
12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
This was a bug in one of the older versions of catalyst as well, 10.2 or so I think. They resolved it in the next release. Pathetic that its resurfaced again.

vortax321
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Same happened to me, yesterday updated to 10.12 on my laptop, with a HD2600 :| So it seems like i have to downgrade to 10.11... ati and their drivers, oh well. On linux Hon is unplayable cause of the drivers, and even on windows weird things happen, why dont they make an effort and do a major improvement on their drivers? that would be awesome for their reputation :)

OneB1t
12-30-2010, 06:45 PM
yep same problem for me with 2x 6850

netygraph
12-30-2010, 06:58 PM
cl_edgescroll 0

skyways
12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
No here is the problem. With many ATI cards, when your mouse moves to those corners sometimes the mouse pointer becomes skewed, and creates an artifact. The severity scales differently each time, but a simple restart/sleep of the computer will resolve the problem. With the latest ATI driver patch, they "fixed" the problem that caused the mouse pointer to become skewed. However, by doing so you lag horribly every time your cursor goes to the area that could have potentially caused the problem.

I couldn't figure out a solution to the problem so I just reverted back to my old driver, however my mouse cursor still gets corrupted, at least I don't lag in game anymore.

iEmma
12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
I have the same problem and i tryed to restart the pc, play with all the graphic combinations in HON and update the ATI driver.

My hardware configuration is:
Intel i7 950
6Gb GSkill DDR3 1600 Mhz
ATI 6970 Sharphire 2Gb GDDR 5 x2 in Cross Fire
Asus Rampage DDR3

Is there any solution?

:(

LacquerHead
12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
My game locks up screen turns black, sound repeats itsself, lasts a good five seconds...

This has happened to me, the entire time I've played HoN, 6 or 7 months. I was told to reinstall by an S2 Staff member.

This made my problem worse...

AMD Quadcore 3.0ghz
4 gigs of ram
9800gtx+ OC

I play other games, MW2, BlackOps, L4D2.

Only game I have problems with is HoN, and its the easiest game to run out of all the games I play..

Even reinstalled to a different drive.
Gets me killed atleast once a game, it pisses me off i mean, really really pisses me off.

Feanux
12-31-2010, 07:54 PM
My game locks up screen turns black, sound repeats itsself, lasts a good five seconds...

This has happened to me, the entire time I've played HoN, 6 or 7 months. I was told to reinstall by an S2 Staff member.

AMD Quadcore 3.0ghz
4 gigs of ram
9800gtx+ OC

Only game I have problems with is HoN, and its the easiest game to run out of all the games I play..

Gets me killed atleast once a game, it pisses me off i mean, really really pisses me off.
Definitely post your problem in the tech support section.

Also, it might sound absurd but I'd suggest reinstalling your operating system and making sure -everything- is up to date.

LacquerHead
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM

Also, it might sound absurd but I'd suggest reinstalling your operating system and making sure -everything- is up to date.

Yeah, I'mma probably reinstall windows 7, I might have sometype of spyware or something.. idk. got all my drives backed up so it wouldn't be anything to reformat.

stinkfistt
01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I did everything including format etc but this issue continues. It is started after the new Hon patch 2.0

questarey
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
ye its catalyst 10.12, i had the same using HD5850

Hobbes`
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I was searching the net when it lead me here, funny thing is, I also updated my Catalyst to 10.12 before this happened, I have the same video card, HD 5970, mine only lags when I move my mouse cursor to the top right corner, anywhere else is fine. It seems to be a problem with Catalyst as it happens even when I'm not playing HoN.

yeah seems a bug with the catalyst 10.12.. had the same error and moved back to 10.10e. (system works with a 6870)..

so a solution is to change the graphic card driver to an older version.. for example 10.10e (works for me)

Technoshaman
01-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Are any of you running in game chat clients like X-fire? I almost seem to think that this might at least be in part be being caused by software incompatibilities sending confusing calls to the graphics card.

TheYield
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
It's a bug in the latest drivers.

Which sucks for me, as I just installed a new 6950 (unlocked and OC'd) and do not have the option to revert to an old driver set as a result :/

Donquix
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Definitely a bug in the latest ATI drivers.

It happened in the 10.8 or 10.9 version in the lower right corner (especially if you had multiple monitors) and was fixed in the subsequent version. Looks like it's back again. There was a big thread about it at the time on the Catalyst driver boards.

That is a colossal waste of time.

There is something wrong with HON that causes crashes. Lots of people have crashes in hon and hon only (myself included). I built my current rig in July and have had exactly zero crashes in other games/applications. Hon bluescreens at least once a play session.

There is something wrong with HON. Not his OS. It's very frustrating.

stinkfistt
01-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I dont understand this. This ****** issue started after the new patch 2.0 It is not related with ATI. Before the new patch i hadnt any problem. I sent a mail to support but nobody took it serious. I paid for this and i cant have technical support. Fix this issue or i will uninstall hon and possibly sell my account to another because it is nearly impossible to play with this ****** top right corner lag.

vulcZ
01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
No here is the problem. With many ATI cards, when your mouse moves to those corners sometimes the mouse pointer becomes skewed, and creates an artifact. The severity scales differently each time, but a simple restart/sleep of the computer will resolve the problem. With the latest ATI driver patch, they "fixed" the problem that caused the mouse pointer to become skewed. However, by doing so you lag horribly every time your cursor goes to the area that could have potentially caused the problem.

I couldn't figure out a solution to the problem so I just reverted back to my old driver, however my mouse cursor still gets corrupted, at least I don't lag in game anymore.

I'm in the EXACT same boat!

I recently upgraded my whole PC (sans the video card, still the same 5970), and with a whole new install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit I STILL get the stuttering problem running 10.12. If I go back to 10.11 the problem goes away, HOWEVER my mouse will randomly get corrupted.

This sucks :(

Here's hoping that 10.13 fixes this once and for all...

Mystery_lol
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Same problem here :-( version 11.1a

Soulblighter
01-27-2011, 06:19 AM
guys, new patch out now

GET IT

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst111ReleaseNotes.aspx

Elen
01-28-2011, 08:29 PM
The 11.1 update does not solve this issue. I've been doing a lot of testing, and just made a post in the technical support thread. This is such an obnoxious issue, I hope either ATI or S2 is able to figure it out soon. Here's a link to my thread.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=213137

Phadey
01-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Its the latest ATI Driver, just downgrade/revert

LonJAXsoN
02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Same issue with HD 5870... I'll try reverting, I guess.

This`Is`Dog
02-03-2011, 08:58 PM

ohmygodyoureas2staffmembernow,GZ

On topic: Read Feanux's post

iddqd
02-03-2011, 09:20 PM

AMD Quadcore 3.0ghz
4 gigs of ram
9800gtx+ OC

sounds like your video card is unstable/overheating. try underclocking it a litte, and see if this will go away. (that will confirm if it's indeed unstable or not)

tuster
02-07-2011, 07:23 AM
I have got these lags in the top right corner as well, and it is annoying as hell. Got a Radeon 6950 and don't want to downgrade to older drivers.. :/

`PewPew`
02-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Got the same problem!
Ati card here, 5870
And only solution is to roll back to 10.10 drivers.

Bodmon
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Same here!

I reformatted my computer yesterday, and installed the latest ATI Catalyst drivers - ran a game of hon and everytime I moved the mouse to either the top right, or bottom right it would LAG like hell! It was unplayable, and I had to use the keyboard arrows.

I would roll back my drivers, but like I said, I just reformatted. I'm using HD 5850, and from what I just read the Catalyst 10.1 seems to be the stable version.

Can anybody find the drivers on Google? I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit and can't find version 10.1 for the HD 5850.

DrRisan
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
It's the drivers, downgrade to an earlier version.

ffy
02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I dont understand this. This ****** issue started after the new patch 2.0 It is not related with ATI. Before the new patch i hadnt any problem. I sent a mail to support but nobody took it serious. I paid for this and i cant have technical support. Fix this issue or i will uninstall hon and possibly sell my account to another because it is nearly impossible to play with this ****** top right corner lag.

why even bother writing everything following the bold part? was it to give definite proof that you indeed do not understand what the problem is?

to everyone else looking for older drivers: http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---ATI-Catalyst-Windows-Vista_c31.html

FiNGERS
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Driver issue. Doesn't belong in General Discussion.