PDA

View Full Version : [Game Play] Items from leaver don't combine

SmokeShow
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I was playing a game

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=21323646

Pebbles left. I picked up his items. He had the Gaurdian Ring and the Ring of Sorcery scroll (items needed in the ring of sorcery item). So I thought I would make a ring of sorcery.

I bought a pickled brain and the items would not combine to make a ring of sorcery. No matter what I did I could not combine them.... I had to end up selling the two items and re buying them to create it.

Evil_Andrex
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
They should change to your ownership. Any timestamp on when this happened?

SH4D0WS1N
11-26-2010, 07:06 PM
They should change to your ownership. Any timestamp on when this happened?

What? I've never, ever, been able to combine items of a leavers. Unless you changed this in the last 3-4 patches, it doesn't work.

Vida
11-27-2010, 11:43 AM
FYI the ownership of the item never change, when you pick a leaver item up and drop it, other user can use it. The name tag got remove from the item permanently.

SmokeShow
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't have a timestamp but I will provide one tonight when I look at the replay.

SmokeShow
12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I got the time stamp... at 18:03 I buy a pickled brain and you can see the leavers items in my inventory.

SmokeShow
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Any update on this? I've never submitted a bug report before so I don't know how it works.

Zelfana
12-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Haven't recently ran into this but definitely can happen. I hazily remember dropping and picking the item up again fixed it but can't be sure.

Arnst
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM
this have happened to me as well

SmokeShow
12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
So does S2 check these bug reports or comment on them?

ElementUser
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes but some bugs have higher priorities over others!

I'll look at this later - interactions with other player bugs are really difficult to replicate in most cases because you can't replicate in Practice Mode due to the leaver mechanism.

ElementUser
12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think you actually tried dropping the items onto the ground - perhaps that would have fixed the issue.

A strange thing though is you only gained a quarter of the original price gold rather than a half of the original price in gold when you sold the items.

Vahn
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
A strange thing though is you only gained a quarter of the original price gold rather than a half of the original price in gold when you sold the items.

When you sell an item from a leaver the gold from the time is split between each of the team mates.

ElementUser
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh right I just forgot :3

Ignore then

SmokeShow
12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't think you actually tried dropping the items onto the ground - perhaps that would have fixed the issue.

Hmmm I'm fairly certain I did put them on the ground... Maybe not though.

I know I for sure put the items all on the courier and then back into inventory... I even tried putting in stash and then back into inventory.

But perhaps you're right about not dropping all the items. I'll have a look into it.

ElementUser
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
When Pebbles disconnected the items dropped onto the ground, but I never saw you actually drop the items onto the ground from your own hero after you have picked them up

rocky_
12-10-2010, 02:16 PM
When you sell an item from a leaver the gold from the time is split between each of the team mates.

Probably could S2 add a new mathcode so marchers won't show sell 250g but instead of 250g it should show 250g/4 (62.5)
one time i sold MY boots instead of the dropped boots, i earned 250g the recipe didnt worked with the boots, i sold dropped boots für like 60g had to rebuy for 500g...

Sku1l
12-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Checked the replay and pretty sure it have something to do with the monkey grabbing the items then gave them to voodoo .

A simple item drop then pick back would have fix it ... but well gonna have to test it in a no stats to be more accurate.

Vahn
12-11-2010, 06:52 AM
After testing it seems that when a DC'd players items are dropped, you can use normal items in a recipe, but a recipe for an item will not work and combine when the rest of the items are present.

As show in replay 22928519 you see I can make the fortified bracer and power supply out of the dropped items.
But I can't get the strider's recipe to turn into strider's when I buy marchers.

Confirming.