PDA

View Full Version : [Gameplay] Leavers Should Lower Cooldowns in addition to giving stats to better compete!

KingsRight
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
It's a good idea that HoN splits stats of a player's hero when they leave the game to give to the existing player's heros, but even with this it doesn't seem strong enough to keep up with all of the outnumbering spells of the other team...

so, it might be worth considering giving existing players a cooldown redux equal to a % per player missing if the other team has more than your team.. so it would be the difference. Example: 5v2 the difference is 3

My guess is that if we figure 100% is equal to 5 players on a team, meaning that all 5 players will have normal cooldowns.. so if we chop this up by 20% per player missing.. that's 20% x 5 = 100%

so if one player leaves, 4 remaining players cooldowns should now be 100% - 20% = 80%.

This would mean that if any of these 4 players had a spell that was 100 second cooldown it would now be 80 seconds to allow them to cast more frequently to keep up with the other team having more people.

And if the other team loses a man and it's now 4v4 then both teams spells are back at 100% since there is no difference of players missing.

and if it was 5v1 then the guy that is sticking it out would have 20% cooldowns so that his 100 sec spell (example) would only be 20 seconds so he can spam a lot to keep up with other team.

In the end the 5 man team is still likely to overpower that one guy but it still gives him more of a chance to actually turn something around if he got lucky. Plus it would make the game more interesting.

L3M0NZ
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Cant wait to see tb with 4 dcs

never ending chain lighting

KingsRight
11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
yeah that would be funny. it would be like TB was in a rage.

and he might actually kill some people doing that.. until they get a mute stick. but still. it would give him some better fighting chance.

Pwn
11-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I'd make this an option just cause the possibilities are funny. I'd also like a mode where you could just set a cooldown %. I wanna see armadon with -80%cooldowns and soulstealer with infinite hands. Chipper rockets and slither wards.

Lepryth
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I think there definitely needs to be some kind of equalising boost to the team missing disco players.

KingsRight
11-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd make this an option just cause the possibilities are funny.

yeah, if people have a problem with this what the developers could do is have it able to be toggled in advanced options as to whether to allow it or not for player-created games.. then they can see which is more popular

And if, for some odd reason, there is any abuse, they can always place a cap on those certain spells. most games would never see it.. but it would be a good safety net.

i think it could work out really well. and it would keep the game fun. it gets boring for both teams once people drop out on one side.. especially when it's down to only 1-2 players and the other team is still 5.

and it would only come into play if people drop out and teams are not equal in number. so no worries