PDA

View Full Version : [Interface] Chat Client Bugs

Loki
10-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Since I found out there were more useful channels (~1 month ago), I've been having issues with the Chat unit in the bottom of the interface.

The same problems happen on two different computers, both running Windows 7 (one is 32 and one is 64 bit), but having no hardware components in common. The bugs still occur when I disable all my mods. My internet connections are fine and no other bandwith is consumed except by MSN messenger, which is negligible.

So this is what's happening. HoN keeps a list of channels I am on. For example, I am usually on these channels:

Clan Honcast
Clan S2Games
Clan Scrim
Clan Scarshield
Clan In Case of Emergency
Clan Drugs Are Bad

When I try to join a channel that exists and is not password protected, it is added to this list. When someone does a /whois on me (while I'm not playing a game) they will see that I am on this channel. However, for me, one of three things happen:

1. I can see the channel, I can see the right people in it and I can talk properly.
2. I can't see the channel. It's not there. Joining it seemingly has no effect. However, when someone talks on this 'invisible' channel, I see them talking in every other channel. That is, when channel 'Clan Hello' is invisible and user helloman says 'hi there' in this channel, I can see the same message in channels Clan Scarshield and Clan Honcast, and sometimes even while playing a game in the Game channel. Note that helloman is NOT on these channels. He can't read my replies if I type in Clan Honcast or any other visible channel.
3. I can see the channel, but I see the wrong people in it. For example, I see Clan Scarshield (~ 5 people online) filled with about 200 people, the same people as in Clan Honcast. This seems to be a consequence of chat server disconnects.

It's about a 45%-45%-10% chance which case happens. The channels that are most often invisible for me are Clan Scrim and Clan Scarshield. At all times at least 2 channels are visible as long as I'm connected to the chat server.

Three different, semi-related issues:
- I am disconnected from the chatserver several times per hour for a few minutes. Which channels are visible and which are not often changes when this happens, but I hardly ever see all the channels.
- When clicking the auto-join checkbox on a channel, sometimes it works. Sometimes it says that it doesn't work when it actually DOES work. (Box stays checked.) And sometimes it doesn't work. (Box unchecks itself.) I have no way to disable auto-join on channels that are invisible, since I can't click them. Also, I can't leave these channels because there is no command to do so.
- I downloaded three different standalone chat client applications+plugins that are able to log on to the HoN chat server. They seem to have the same problems as the in-game chat client.

I spent some time on this and I would like to figure out what is wrong with the chat. It can be really annoying at times. I really hope you not to ignore this post or say 'works for me, sucks for you'. If you need more information, screenshots or something else I will get it.

ElementUser
10-23-2010, 10:45 AM
This happens to me on a regular basis too

:(

Loki
10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Great, so can this be moved to Confirmed? Maybe someone will have a look there and fix it.

Evil_Andrex
10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Its more or less a known issue.

Loki
10-27-2010, 05:08 AM
No offense, but it's not in the 'Known Issues' list. I don't want to sound rude, I just doubt that this will be fixed before someone officially recognizes it as a bug. It's been around for a while now.

Charging_in
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
we feel your pain

ElementUser
10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh alright

~.~

Loki
03-29-2011, 06:28 AM
This bug is still in the game. I just got spammed 24/7 during a game making me unable to read what my team was trying to say. I don't want to disconnect from chat because I have friends online that may want to talk to me as well.

Also, thanks to a promotion of Clan Scrim (I believe), we have 200 players join the Clan S2Games channel. This channel bugged out also, and now it is closed for the public. Is this the way to deal with bugs? Any ETA on a fix? Is anyone working on this?