PDA

View Full Version : TSOG vs PYRO shoutcasting problems

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 08:59 AM
He guys,

For those of you that didn't watch it and want to hear the most aweful cast i've heard so far...:http://hon.esportmedia.com/video/2010/10/09/gosugamers-steelseries-main-event-group-stage-tsog

3 Casters

Breakycpk, being professional, giving good coverage, overall, pretty good job from him, nothing to say about him

But his co-casters, seriously?

Phil: He has no clue of what goes on in the game, no competitive insight, and has the b*lls to to act the way he does, are you out of your mind?
There was NO professionality in that cast from you, the one time you actually did talk about something usefull, you messed up the entire teamfight giving no remarks, not even the right heroes, and no insight.

Quotes:

"There is just so much action" (No you're just behind with coverage about 8 seconds in, since there was NO action when you said that) you're brain needs a couple of seconds to soak up that information doesn't it?

"(Madman) His farm has been abysmal, it's not going to go any better, currently sitting on a bolstering armband, bottle and boots, so he really only effectively made 450 gold in the about 5 minutes."
Look to those numbers, next to the pretty picture, he has 500 in cash. Luckily you can count, cause 950=450 ofcourse. (yes his farm was abysmal, so is Phils vision/counting skills)

"Herpa Derpa Derp, Imma Dark Lady and sitting out my base"
So much for professionality, and good jokes while we're at it

HenryD: In this game, he actually provided us with NO information whatsoever, apart from reading up the radius of a SS ulti... (omg thanks for that! /sarcasm) The only thing he did was licking TSOG's *ss, like he does everytime they're playing... Why would i care that they have a new player (which is not in the game, or benefitted to this cast in anyway) and is not part of their main roster? Thanks for that competitive insight!!!

Quotes:
"No, I'm trying to be mean to keengamer" (because that gives me a bigger Epenis then anyone out there on the internet!!!!)

After Phil saying, what do you do to get back in the game:
"I can tell ya, I can tell ya, you press... eh... there is a... eh... to the right of your screen, there is a little concede button, you press it and you go for anyone" (awkward silences)

"Xane/Insane (or something) who is also an ex-dota player, he played kinda-semi-professionaly, he actually played with Draying in ?mouse sports? when he.. eh... ?created a second team? They're all like that in TsoG everyone is the nicest guy in the world (think thats the 10th time i hear you say that) We should change every time we cast them (them being TSoG) into a... ehm... how much we love them.... Cause, we all love them.... Lets give a random applause for TSoG" (more awkward silence)"

Well, lets give a random applause for Phil of the honcast staff, and HenryD for his "competitive insight"

And, lets have a search for new co-casters while we're at it.

No, i'm not mad, No i'm not w/e you come up with, I'm just saying that a lot of people stop watching honcast/mute it, because breaky doesn't have enough competitive insight (although he is working on that, gj on that) to counter the annoyance brought by his either ignorant or just plain cocky+annoying co-casters.

PS: Breaky, change the intro into: also with us is HenryD for his immature comments
PSS: zan
u mad? you sound like you are. don't like my casts? don't watch em. been down this road about a million times and since you can't do any better step aside and let me handle this sonny. (regards? Phil)
Wether or not you're in the cast is not where i'm watching for, it's for breaky's live action coverage, and because HONcast gives me an update on high end scrims/tourneys, not because you're in there. I don't think ANYONE would even notice you NOT being in the game, apart from the lack of annoyance.

My opinion, incoming spams which i really dont care about, lets see what Phil and HenryD have to say about this... (or breakycpk, but i'm giving him compliments actually)

U mad? No sir!

_blomman
10-10-2010, 10:11 AM
either phil and henry dont work good together or 3 casters are just too much

breaky and henry casting the other games was actually great

Asway
10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
I honestly don't think Henery knows what professionalism is.

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm just saying that a lot of people stop watching honcast/mute it

Can people stop doing this please? Everyone tries to project their opinion as one everyone shares when I'm sitting here thinking 'This guy gives too much of a **** about something that he really should stop giving so much of a **** about'

It's HoNs version of Fox Newses (sic? I always use that wrongly) 'Some people are saying that you're a paedophile' when it was in fact Fox calling the guy a paedo 20 seconds ago on the previous report.

Start talking in first person or stop whining. ****in' [Insert derogatory plural term here].

SEAnyB
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Yea that was pretty unprofessional

Bulldozor
10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree with OP, i told phil during the cast to leave the action for breaky because he was far behind. He raged and IP banned me... Talk about proffesionalism D:

I'm not going to stop watching honcast because 1 caster is messing up, to be honest the comment you made about "Don't tune in if you don't like it" seemed a bit childish.

If this is honestly the reaction to honest feedback and critisism, you're lucky that you have no competition in casting hon games.
And no breaky, this is not an "IRC troll thread", we are not trolls trying to make phil look bad, try and watch the cast and you'll see.

Skramslam
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I've always thought Breaky was crap :P he talks too much crap. His main input in the casts is to inform all the blind ppl whats going on, but thats about it. If you have eyes, Breaky brings nothing

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Can people stop doing this please? Everyone tries to project their opinion as one everyone shares when I'm sitting here thinking 'This guy gives too much of a **** about something that he really should stop giving so much of a **** about'

It's HoNs version of Fox Newses (sic? I always use that wrongly) 'Some people are saying that you're a paedophile' when it was in fact Fox calling the guy a paedo 20 seconds ago on the previous report.

Start talking in first person or stop whining. ****in' [Insert derogatory plural term here].

I have quite a lot of people who i talk with on a daily base, and all of them share this feeling, NO exceptions, therefore i feel that i can say that a lot of people stop watching honcast because of the co-casters.

At least, i only watch the matches that are most interesting, look at the casters, and then decide to mute or not

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 11:44 AM
How many people is quite a lot? Most Honcast vods get around 20k hits. Unless you're talking to 200 people daily about the state of Honcast, you're not even 1%. Stop the self-importance plzkthxbai.

SOLObro
10-10-2010, 11:44 AM
The OP wasn't presented very well and some of the quotes were a bit off, but I do agree with what you said. Phil brings nothing to the table other than annoyance, he's bad. Pathetic attitude from somebody that needs to improve his casting, and any critique made towards honcast being regarded as a 'troll' is starting to take the piss.

Get rid of Phil, it won't ruin his life and it will make honcast better. 'dont watch if you dont like it' is as childish as it gets, as well as people being banned from IRC because they're not sucking balls.

I have an issue with this cast anyway, there was no reason to cast this game. It was a replay cast of a stomp. They knew it was a stomp before they casted it and apparently had no interest in the game until after it was over. I'm sure something else could have been covered instead. I like both teams, and the game interested me so I can't say I necessarily blame them for wanting to cover it - but if they knew it was a stomp in advance that's just a bit meh. Seems like another chance to big up TSoG.

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM
The only reason they casted it is because they knew we got stomped and HenryD hates us, if we'd have won that they wouldn't have casted it. HenryD doesn't like us, he told me he'd like to fight nvr at dreamhack winter, lets be fair though he'd get smashed

nvr
10-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Thumbs up.

I'll paste the comment I wrote @ Honcast.

--

@MrBigHuge I wasn't angry whatsoever for the reason you wrote, and that beeing said no-one was late to the game.
The thing is, we asked early on match day if we could reschedule for a reason i dont wanna state here, is kinda private(but we gave TSoG the reason), we asked to play from 18:00 and before 21:00(the match was scheduled at 22:00) OR on sunday after their match which was at 10:00 AM, and this they said wasnt possible. But it turns out that at 18:00 they scrimmed against a random clan, instead of playing with us against our main 5, so instead we had to play with 2 ringers.
So it is kinda obvious that TSoG just wanted the easy way out, and I really dont understand why everyone is giving TSoG credits for beeing so fair and mannered.
AND HenryD; We listened to the livecast on hon, where breaky asked henryd if they were gonna livecast TSoG vs PYRO, then henryd said "OMG NO, that's keengamer's clan". And some hours later you suddenly wanted to cast the replay, when you already knew that TSoG won the game fairly easy due to our 2 ringers. Seriously henry, I really dont understand whatsoever why breaky would even have you on their vent to cast games, breaky gotta see by now what you really are and that you really just are a troubled young boy. I really dont understand why this game was even casted, it's a mix VS a clan, where you knew the outcome before the game, this was a **** game and should never have been casted.
Would have been awesome if you would cast our rematch someday against TSoG with our main 5.
thanks.

--

suntouch
10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree with this, HenryD....i haven't met ONE person who likes your casting and/or personality. I dont mind phil, im the one being stomped and i found it funny. But henryD was asking to cast it live he said 'no no way am i casting pyro'. Found out we lost then pushed to cast it....hes an ignorant rat

bg
10-10-2010, 01:57 PM
If that was the worst cast ever then great, because I still found it just fine and enjoyed watching it. I don't give a crap about professionalism. I watch to be entertained. Isn't entertainment and education the point of these things? Where does "who can be most professional" come into that? If you can't handle it, lighten up and re-evaluate yourself.

Sometimes the stuff said is odd, or jokes aren't that funny (which is quite common), but I'm fine with that. I even enjoy the quirkiness.

The two things that bother me are mismatched volume levels between casters, and phrases that get used over and over again and usually make little grammatical sense.

PS: I don't want to encourage HenryD's attitude. I think it sucks and he should work on it for his improvement as a person. Pertaining to the casts themselves though, I'm fine with them.

Scope
10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree with this, HenryD....i haven't met ONE person who likes your casting and/or personality.

Hi,

I have quite enjoyed HenryD's casts in the past.
I don't take any stance on this latest drama though as
I don't know anything about it.

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
#1 In the past, HenryD's cast where pretty good, and "everyone" enjoyed it
As of late, his competitive "insight" has changed, into annoying trying-to-be-(and-failing)funny jokes, which no1 really finds funny, and those who find it funny... well, we all know what we think about those

#2 As of the honcast hits, most of 'em dont hit >10k, and yes i have talked to at least a 100 people about this, all (lets say 95%) with a PSR above 1800, so my guess would be that this is group which i can call: a lot.

#3 As far as the PYRO vs TSoG match, that's not really the topic of discussion, sorry to put it like this, but i'm trying to give HenryD (and Phil) an idea of what the community thinks of this, wether the match should be played in the first place is another story.

#4 They actually wanting to cast it because PYRO lost, if this is true, (of which i have no doubt if it's confirmed by several people) I'd like to hear Breakycpk and HenryD about it, and if the agree, well i think I've proven my point. and in case they deny it, it doesnt really prove anything, since they would never publicly admit it, as far as "we" know them.

So, Honcast, where are you, agree with us that you're unprofessional, not funny and should refrain yourself from casting, or since we can't do it better, "should let you handle it, sonny"???

poopinmamouf
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I like how phil calls out players in a mean way when they are doing terrible, but he himself is terrible.

Anyways i don't think this thread will be of any use because breaky will be like "honcast trolls" and ignore constructive criticism.

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't know, this thread doesnt target honcast, or him... It targets 2 specific co-casters, and for him to adress this as a troll thread he has to be pretty confident, since so far i've seen enough people agree with me, and also having people that actually have a name in the community, such as asway, nvr, suntouch, keengamer, and i'm sure more will follow, because a lot of people have something to do with this, it's not just being angry at them for being dicks towards someone, it's just their general fail as a caster.

So, i'll keep reminding Honcast, dare to respond?

Nani`
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Have to agree with him.
In the beginning I really liked HenryD's casting, but as of late he says stuff like 'They should press that button on the top right side of the screen where it says concede'.
I mean, that's neither funny nor constructive nor insightful.
I think breaky + Henry would be a pretty good shoutcasting team with breaky's awesome play-by-play and henry's knowledge, but yeah...

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Also breaky calls us bad mannered at the end for not saying GG, if he took us off his ignore list he'd have seen the GGs

xTiming
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Not trying to build up that cast or anything, because even though I found it an alright cast, some of the comments were rather unneeded when you're casting a HoN game between two (semi)-professional teams.

Buutttt, why does the OP seem to me like the sort of guy who goes door to door in his town saying "SO, WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE PYRO VS TSOG HON CAST, PRETTY BAD AMIRITE, AM I RIIITE?"

If you actually took the time to go ask 100 people what they thought about a random casted match/shoutcaster when it probably won't even make a difference to your life, my life, HenryD's life, TSoG's life, PyrO's life, (insert more people/teams)'s life, etc, etc, then you either have way too much time on your hands, or you care a little too much. Or both.

EGNesTea420
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
People need to stop getting so butthurt over what some shoutcaster says. If you don't like a specific person than don't watch a cast with them in it. It's actually sort of a simple concept. It's like me watching 2 and a half men and then complaining about how unfunny it is and how much it sucks. It makes no sense and it's not like I'm forced to watch it.

I don't care about the complaining but I just don't understand why you would watch it if you didn't like the person.

ps: btw you pretty much are just feeding into HenryD trolling. :P Deal with it.

Bulldozor
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM
People need to stop getting so butthurt over what some shoutcaster says. If you don't like a specific person than don't watch a cast with them in it. It's actually sort of a simple concept. It's like me watching 2 and a half men and then complaining about how unfunny it is and how much it sucks. It makes no sense and it's not like I'm forced to watch it.

I don't care about the complaining but I just don't understand why you would watch it if you didn't like the person.

ps: btw you pretty much are just feeding into HenryD trolling. :P Deal with it.

But its ok for casters to get butthurt over critisism and tell people to eat **** and IP ban them then yeh?
If they wanna have a proffesional website and company this is not really the behavior they are looking for.

EGNesTea420
10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Again if you don't like the way they handle things, well... There are plenty of options.

painkiller`
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Men men men men manly men men men ...

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Well, if i would like 50%, or 33% of 2 1/2 men, i wouldn't want to watch it... but since it's about 20% at max, since they dont have any input during the actual game (shouldn't have if it's filled with immature comments) then it's a pretty difficult choice.

And, if i'd had the option to (try to) change that 20%, then yes i would. And since the rest of the community is agree'ing with me so far, at least the majority, it might be a good idea for them to take a look at this.

As for the caring, in a casual conversation where you ask, did you watch this (no particular) match, and they respond with a, yeah but the comments where annoying, so i muted, or no i dont watch honcasts anymore, that gives me a general idea.

As for the amiriitteee? (something like that) that's the first and last time i will use it, or any language like that...

So, honcast, whats up?

PS: 2 1/2 men is a good show, i like 100% of it ;)

The_Thrill
10-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Due to this post and the cast pertaining to it I am no longer shoutcasting for honcast. Breaky made the decision to remove me from staff. Farewell to all my fans.

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 06:07 PM
http://captionsearch.com/pix/t1gb4klq3.jpg
Replace ! with ? though. Or one of those upside down ones they do in Mexico (think it's something to do with hemispheres, like how everyone in Australia is upside down.)

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah i'm confused, are you trollin or is it true?

The_Thrill
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Its true. Why else would I not have hct tag on. It'd been coming for awhile anyway.

Anchovies
10-10-2010, 06:43 PM
So you gave up your ticket to Dream Hack that easily?

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Phil, if it helps. I don't have an opinion on your casting either way. I just didn't know where to put my thread about it.

Kmomentum
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Herpa Derpa Derp, Imma Dark Lady and sitting out my base

lmfao @ that , n1

MrSnowman
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
My main problem this game is that players that are supposedly good doesn't know how to use Homecomingstones/most consumables correctly.
29:30 -vodtime
tdl is in a real hurry to get the homecomingstone off, she takes forever, pretty clear she's not double tapping the homecomingstone. Damn that's bad.
I always do that when going home, im 1500. How can these guys fail so?

Edit:
Phil, I just hope they find a replace ment that's better, that's gonna be hard.

Thermy
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Goddamnit, we don't get T-Phil on the casts anymore.

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
@ Mrsnowman

Yes, even 1900 players do make mistakes, in this case his options where limited

But the difference between your avarage 1500 player and the 1900 players, is that they look to do more then just tp back at 25% hp... get back in the fight, tainted soul, silence out to do more.

In this case though, he should have gone back. Although he was pretty safe out there, he was pretty unlucky on the SS ulti.

Should have went back earlier, not wait and then tp, thats for sure

zeHenryD
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Yo in all honesty, I don't give a flying rats ****ING TOODLE DOO about ANY opinion coming from ANYONE from clan PYRO, they are ONLY known for being dumbass ****ers that disrespect everyone, yeah, I knew they got stomped and frankly I ****ing ENJOYED bashing them.

@Phil haters, I tbh havn't been online today but if this IS true that he left I'll be pissed, you know what if you don't like Phil casting?

1. justin.tv
2.Make an account
3.LIVE THERE AND DIE FOREVER ALONE.

THIS IS MY COMPETITVE INSIGHT

ps. My opinions do not reflect any of the honcast.com staff's opinion or view.

knowitall
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
what a child

zeHenryD
10-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't you start, damn know it all.

Undutchable
10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
CAPS WARS!!!!

MORE CAPS BECAUSE BEING 12 YEARS OLD AND USING CAPS GIVES ME THE BIGGER E-PENIS I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!!!!!!

If it is true, and since Phil confirmed it not being a troll, i assume it is... then apparently it's not only those "dumbass ****ers that disrespect everyone" that feel this way.

To be honest, do you want Honcast to be seen this way breaky? seriously? PR problems here imo

As for drilling PYRO into the ground, did they hurt your feelings?
Or did they not kiss your *ss the way you lick TSoG's?

Anyway, not coming here to argue with a 12 year old, have fun with your flying rats ****ING TOODLE DOO

So much for competitive insight?

Jake
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Yo in all honesty, I don't give a flying rats ****ING TOODLE DOO about ANY opinion coming from ANYONE from clan PYRO, they are ONLY known for being dumbass ****ers that disrespect everyone, yeah, I knew they got stomped and frankly I ****ing ENJOYED bashing them.

@Phil haters, I tbh havn't been online today but if this IS true that he left I'll be pissed, you know what if you don't like Phil casting?

1. justin.tv
2.Make an account

There is no point in this kind of comments coming out from anyone, especially from you. You are just throwing more gas in to the flames.

Every clan ain't so mannered and I not sure your clan was the most polite so you shouldn't bash anyone else. Reputation is important in esport casting company. It doesn't give you any justice for action like this only because there are no other real casting companies than honcast.

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Not sure where all this hate for us came from HenryD, some members of [BARS] spammed breaky in a pre cast 6 months ago and since then you've banned us from IRC for no reason and made up lies about us. Looks like you have some growing up to do. We're a pretty respectful clan to people who actually deserve respect, if you deserved respect maybe you'd get some. Hopefully we'll be able to go to Dreamhack Winter and we can have a friendly chat

Flow
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Keengamer you were an annoying **** when you and your gay ass clan literally spammed the camera man for honcast EVERY ****ING GAME. I don't feel a piece of sympathy for you.
One game? One game my ass, you guys did it every game.

Big_Chief
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM

1. justin.tv
2.Make an account

Now this is what i call entertainment

Much better than the boring match of TsoG and pyro

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Keengamer you were an annoying **** when you and your gay ass clan literally spammed the camera man for honcast EVERY ****ING GAME. I don't feel a piece of sympathy for you.
One game? One game my ass, you guys did it every game.

Alright mate don't have an aneurysm over it

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Seeing as we've moved on from Phil I'm going to have to come out and call KeenGamer a giant douchebag if he is a LiveStream spammer. I hate those ****s as I'm one of the few people in the world that enjoy all/spec chat in casts.

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Seeing as we've moved on from Phil I'm going to have to come out and call KeenGamer a giant douchebag if he is a LiveStream spammer. I hate those ****s as I'm one of the few people in the world that enjoy all/spec chat in casts.

Nah vvasn't me mate just another member of clan [BARS]

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Then your clan members are giant turdbags. Please don't call me mate either, I live in Swansea, I get enough drunken inbred's trying to claim they're my 'mate' as is. Not in need of another.

KEENGAMER
10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Then your clan members are giant turdbags. Please don't call me mate either, I live in Swansea, I get enough drunken inbred's trying to claim they're my 'mate' as is. Not in need of another.

Alright mate calm down, I live in Birmingham wanna meet up and be friends?

FreudianTrip
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Nope.

Sw1ft1
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Even though it might seem like a "success" in that you got rid of a caster you don't like, very few new people will want to contribute to a community that acts like this. So good luck in finding the "holy grail" of casters that never make mistakes and still want to help out such a disrespectful and unappreciative community.

Angel
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
ello ello govna, im gonna get sum flak fur dis but i tink push staff is good on madman govna!

Vodka
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I think this just shows that the HoN community's maturity level is somewhere below that of highschool drama queens.

knowitall
10-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Even though it might seem like a "success" in that you got rid of a caster you don't like, very few new people will want to contribute to a community that acts like this. So good luck in finding the "holy grail" of casters that never make mistakes and still want to help out such a disrespectful and unappreciative community.

The community doesn't act like anything. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have public outcry against a caster that adds almost nothing and talks **** about players much better than him.

I mean, breaky gets by (for the most part) even with his flaws, but this is probably because he doesn't get as butthurt as the others do when he gets called out on things. Phil and Henry's reactions to critique are always hilarious "you guys are trolls, don't watch it if you don't like it" etc responses.

The_Thrill
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
The community doesn't act like anything. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have public outcry against a caster that adds almost nothing and talks **** about players much better than him.

I mean, breaky gets by (for the most part) even with his flaws, but this is probably because he doesn't get as butthurt as the others do when he gets called out on things. Phil and Henry's reactions to critique are always hilarious "you guys are trolls, don't watch it if you don't like it" etc responses.

Yea! What this guy said! Phil is totally butthurt! And a noob and talks **** about players much better than him! Being bad at pressing the buttons means you can't understand people who are good at pressing buttons! Thus you can't make obvious observational comments about people doing a poor job at pressing buttons! GOOD RIDDANCE PHIL!

Hippie
10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Yea! What this guy said! Phil is totally butthurt! And a noob and talks **** about players much better than him! Being bad at pressing the buttons means you can't understand people who are good at pressing buttons! Thus you can't make obvious observational comments about people doing a poor job at pressing buttons! GOOD RIDDANCE PHIL!

This guy is so right, Phil was the worst caster we ever had. Also clan BARS has definitely never trolled/spammed Honcast repeatedly, no sirree. Also HenryD is really bad and never says anything worth hearing. Yup yup. They should just get rid of everyone but Breaky.

After HenryD gets kicked off word is I'm next because I sound like chipper :(

Roidrage
10-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Well to be fair if your a professional you should be there for matchstart and if 1 player cant then its your job to replace him, not for the other team to change start time.... So blaming TSoG is sad...

KEENGAMER
10-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Well to be fair if your a professional you should be there for matchstart and if 1 player cant then its your job to replace him, not for the other team to change start time.... So blaming TSoG is sad...

We were and we did but thanks for your input

Roidrage
10-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Thumbs up.

I'll paste the comment I wrote @ Honcast.

--

@MrBigHuge I wasn't angry whatsoever for the reason you wrote, and that beeing said no-one was late to the game.
The thing is, we asked early on match day if we could reschedule for a reason i dont wanna state here, is kinda private(but we gave TSoG the reason), we asked to play from 18:00 and before 21:00(the match was scheduled at 22:00) OR on sunday after their match which was at 10:00 AM, and this they said wasnt possible. But it turns out that at 18:00 they scrimmed against a random clan, instead of playing with us against our main 5, so instead we had to play with 2 ringers.
So it is kinda obvious that TSoG just wanted the easy way out, and I really dont understand why everyone is giving TSoG credits for beeing so fair and mannered.
AND HenryD; We listened to the livecast on hon, where breaky asked henryd if they were gonna livecast TSoG vs PYRO, then henryd said "OMG NO, that's keengamer's clan". And some hours later you suddenly wanted to cast the replay, when you already knew that TSoG won the game fairly easy due to our 2 ringers. Seriously henry, I really dont understand whatsoever why breaky would even have you on their vent to cast games, breaky gotta see by now what you really are and that you really just are a troubled young boy. I really dont understand why this game was even casted, it's a mix VS a clan, where you knew the outcome before the game, this was a **** game and should never have been casted.
Would have been awesome if you would cast our rematch someday against TSoG with our main 5.
thanks.

--

It dont seam like you were by this crypost....

KEENGAMER
10-11-2010, 01:50 AM
It dont seam like you were by this crypost....

We wanted to reschedule and they said they couldn't, despite having all 5 of their players on in a scrim at the time we asked if they could play. Then we played at the scheduled time.

Pix
10-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Nobody made PYRO lose haha... So what if HenryD changed his mind about wanting to cast it?

Roidrage
10-11-2010, 03:48 AM
We wanted to reschedule and they said they couldn't, despite having all 5 of their players on in a scrim at the time we asked if they could play. Then we played at the scheduled time.

This is the problem. If a game is schedule to a certain time then that’s the starting time. If you want to be pro act like pros. If a player have personal problems in a sport they don’t reschedule the match, they replace the player. You shouldn’t even be asking TSoG for changes of game time because time and date is set accept it and play. This is the reason you have ringers/benchers.
Second problem, casters. I don’t see the problem, in sports commentaries often can make jokes (even immature ones) and bash on players for being noobs. Be professionals and stop crying for a commentary is laughing at your bad play style or you being crushed.
The big problem is that e-sport players often want to get the respect like “real” pros from “real” sports. But they act like the 10 year old spoiled kids they are.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 05:03 AM
@ Keengamer, you're not allowed to reschedule so stop ****ing complaining, we got kicked out of the entire tournament because we needed to reschedule.

also, admins should ban your team from every tournament.

maniak32
10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Altho I think HenryD is a douchebag, he has a doombringer under his name. Thus im forced to approve his message.

Away`
10-11-2010, 05:10 AM
I'll say it again, we had a game before you guys and we always play warmup before that. We won't change that or our tight schedules on half a days notice.

I will be happy to work rescheduling out if it is suggested a few days ahead.

maniak32
10-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Away coming in like a boss with a second doombringer.

Hsssh
10-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Can someone stop two doombringers?

Undutchable
10-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Seriously

Wether or not TSOG should have rescheduled is another topic.

Wether Phil is a good player doesnt effect his casting skills

The fact that he's bad at casting, does effect it tho. I (not talking about the rest) personally dont care how you play, i just know in this cast, and others, you've been acting like a person i don't want to hear in a cast, therefore i created this topic.

Same goes for HenryD, i, and other peoplei know, dont like the way you cast anymore, since the competitive insight has gone to the background, and the immature comments have been taking the main stage.

So, you can be angry, be childish, i was merely pointing out my personal opinion about this matter, and apparently i wasn't alone, and this is the result

It was not a success, since this was not a poll to get Phil kicked/fired (w/e you call it) This was a topic created to give my insight on what's wrong with the current casts.

If HenryD would manner up, i would LOVE to see him cast again, because at the start of his casting carrier, i've learned a lot, enjoyed it alot.

So, for what it's worth, sorry to get you fired (indirectly really, but ok), wasnt my intention, although i hope this is a message to every shoutcaster out there, present and future.

Thanks breaky for listening to the audience, even though it might not have made you make this decision.

Tamachan
10-11-2010, 06:49 AM
People need to learn how to shoutcast. I've not heard a decent shoutcaster in HoN ever.

Even breaky has the competitive insight of a small one-legged squirrel.

We don't want to know the names of every spell they are using. Everyone knows that who watch comp play, what we want to know is interesting stuff like.

NoTail using his ultimate prematurely there; Yeah I think he sensed a gank coming and just wanted to be sure the carry got out of there safely

Tarano, picking up a portal key now, wow!
Co-caster: Well he's so farmed now Breaky he'll want to keep up with this gank heavy team and keep raking in the kills and the exp.

When it comes to a team fight you call if ults are on cd or not then call the deaths as they happen and anything really significant. Don't just spam

ENGINGEER IS CASTING HIS ULT OH AND THEN HE IS CASTING HIS ULT AND NOW HERE COMES PYRO WITH TEH ULT AND LOOKS HERE'S MORE ULTK OMG I CANT BLIEVE THEY ARE USING THIER SPELLS IN A TEAM FIGHT I8&((&%^%*&^

Breaky is a good caster but he doesn't take on criticism and improve. His casting has been the same quality since day 1, and it's just not good enough anymore.

Fuzzel
10-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Looks like Breaky finally realized that there are more than just a few people who are disappointed with the casting. Since he seems unable to significantly improve his own insight and as he cant get rid of Henry (because that would leave the Staff pretty much with 2-3 casters who all struggle to keep their psr above 1600 while having sub zero knowledge), he had to do something to please the crowd. So he sacrificed Phil.. Im sure this will improve the quality significantly since Phil did SO MUCH casting lately and everone knows: if you improve 5% of your overall onair time the whole product gets at least 0.005% better.

Hollenhoe
10-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Seriously

Wether or not TSOG should have rescheduled is another topic.

Wether Phil is a good player doesnt effect his casting skills

The fact that he's bad at casting, does effect it tho. I (not talking about the rest) personally dont care how you play, i just know in this cast, and others, you've been acting like a person i don't want to hear in a cast, therefore i created this topic.

Same goes for HenryD, i, and other peoplei know, dont like the way you cast anymore, since the competitive insight has gone to the background, and the immature comments have been taking the main stage.

So, you can be angry, be childish, i was merely pointing out my personal opinion about this matter, and apparently i wasn't alone, and this is the result

It was not a success, since this was not a poll to get Phil kicked/fired (w/e you call it) This was a topic created to give my insight on what's wrong with the current casts.

If HenryD would manner up, i would LOVE to see him cast again, because at the start of his casting carrier, i've learned a lot, enjoyed it alot.

So, for what it's worth, sorry to get you fired (indirectly really, but ok), wasnt my intention, although i hope this is a message to every shoutcaster out there, present and future.

Thanks breaky for listening to the audience, even though it might not have made you make this decision.

Phil is actually a good player though. It was me and Phil who invented the :jera::poll::mali: trilane, thus contributing a great deal to the HoN community through our innovative strategies.

Undutchable
10-11-2010, 07:32 AM
? :S ? Wauw you're really not getting the point are you?

I DON'T care about Phil's skill level as a player

And no-one cares about you, this topic is not about you, if you want people admiring you, make your own topic

Hollenhoe
10-11-2010, 07:37 AM
? :S ? Wauw you're really not getting the point are you?

I DON'T care about Phil's skill level as a player

And no-one cares about you, this topic is not about you, if you want people admiring you, make your own topic

:mali::poll::jera: You should stop hating on the honcast staff. It's a FREE service. And its certainly better than just watching a replay. If you really can't stand it, don't watch it. It's not like you're paying monthly for access or anything. :mali::poll::jera:

SprMari0
10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
If it's one thing Dutch people do best it's got to be complaining!

As for the topic, I think Henry should leave the joking aside during the actual game. Do it when people are picking the hero's or when it's finished. You're introduced as a caster with insight.. please show us that :D

Undutchable
10-11-2010, 08:00 AM
:mali::poll::jera: You should stop hating on the honcast staff. It's a FREE service. And its certainly better than just watching a replay. If you really can't stand it, don't watch it. It's not like you're paying monthly for access or anything. :mali::poll::jera:

Will be the last time i will respond to you, since you're a bad troll

In this quote, i wasnt reffering to any hate towards the honcast staff, so the comment is useless.

And as i said, I like watching honcast, i don't like particular shoutcasters (co-casters more importantly) therefore the case is different. If i wouldn't like watching HoN, then you would have a case

So, stop trolling, and if you're serious, well then... i dunno really :S

knowitall
10-11-2010, 08:14 AM

Thanks for proving and missing my point all at the same time.

I don't care if you call out mistakes, but it just gets dumb when you start to **** talk people much better than you the way you were doing. I think the most obvious example is the whole "herp derp dark lady is outside her base" or whatever you said.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I am really shamed to see that the community behaves like this. I am also sad to see The_Thrill go.

At least they tried to do something. And tbh I thought that they did good casts and I had some laughs here and then. I don't understand why the community is so up tight in their a$$ about HoNcast. It's not like its's a News Channel where the casters have to be 100% serious.

Also, I would like to point out that they are commentators who comment on what is happening and use previous knowledge trying to judge how a team is doing. They are by no means comparing themselves to the pro's, and when they do they admit that they are nowhere near the skill level as them.

About HenryD: Yes, his jokes are awkward and he is a little bit of a queer guy. But seriously, if he would stop his "funny" jokes and actually try to focus on using his knowledge from competitive play (which he has without a doubt, afterall he was in the team that won Dreamhack, just a reminder) the cast would without a doubt be really good.

For Breaky: This guy is brilliant. He does what he can to make it a good informative cast. He has his flaws, but come on, could you do it better? I really doubt it.
It is easy to sit back in your chair and listen to them talk and then a few seconds after they spoke your brain analyses it and you think "what idiots".

News Flash: You guys flaming can't do it better. I bet you. And in any case, who stops you from watching HoNcast without sound? And who is forcing you to watch HoNcast in first place?

Valgyr
10-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Id like to add my 2 cents to the discussion.

Ive watched most of the casts since HenryD joined the casting team, and i still think his insights are very good with the lanes, item picks, "sneaky things that happen during the game that a less trained eye like mine would miss", but that asides the personal feuds and grudges should be kept out of the actuall cast and carried out on forums/irc/vent etc. It offers nothing to the viewers. You say its a free service, no its not, without the viewers, no adds, no money, no staff, no casts. So "we" the viewers are what makes the cast in the long run. Its just like any sport really, without an audiance there wont be any money involved.

And i dont think the casters need to be above a sertain psr level. Just look at any sports commentator, sure the sidekick is often an ex-pro player, but you dont have to be great in the game to know whats going on, like me, i suck at fotboll compaired to the pros, doesnt mean i cant see/understand whats going on and who does well/poorly.

Keep up the casts as its great fun for me, joking, banter and calling out bad play should be kept in as they offer a bit of diversion. But please keep the childish grudge out. Just cause some-one acted like a child/flamer in some game/forum you should try and be the bigger man and show that it doesnt get to you, like you keep stating on the forum but you sadly dont show it in the casts.

BR Valg

knowitall
10-11-2010, 08:25 AM
I am really shamed to see that the community behaves like this. I am also sad to see The_Thrill go.

At least they tried to do something. And tbh I thought that they did good casts and I had some laughs here and then. I don't understand why the community is so up tight in their a$$ about HoNcast. It's not like its's a News Channel where the casters have to be 100% serious.

Also, I would like to point out that they are commentators who comment on what is happening and use previous knowledge trying to judge how a team is doing. They are by no means comparing themselves to the pro's, and when they do they admit that they are nowhere near the skill level as them.

About HenryD: Yes, his jokes are awkward and he is a little bit of a queer guy. But seriously, if he would stop his "funny" jokes and actually try to focus on using his knowledge from competitive play (which he has without a doubt, afterall he was in the team that won Dreamhack, just a reminder) the cast would without a doubt be really good.

For Breaky: This guy is brilliant. He does what he can to make it a good informative cast. He has his flaws, but come on, could you do it better? I really doubt it.
It is easy to sit back in your chair and listen to them talk and then a few seconds after they spoke your brain analyses it and you think "what idiots".

News Flash: You guys flaming can't do it better. I bet you. And in any case, who stops you from watching HoNcast without sound? And who is forcing you to watch HoNcast in first place?

I don't think you understand how organizations reliant on views and ratings work.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't think you understand how organizations reliant on views and ratings work.

Hmmm no probably not. but you mr. Knowitall, you know everythign without a doubt. And I won't bother asking you as I am probably not in the league of knowledge as you are.

But, I can tell you, there are enough people out there who like HoNcast as it is. Me being one.

As an economics student I can tell you one thing though: If a product doesn't meet the necessary demand compared to it's price it will stop being produced. And I don't see HoNcast stopping anytime soon even with you guys making breakycpk fire all the co-casters.

As Hippi said, he will probably be next in line because some1 found a flaw in his casting or for that sake "sounds like chipper".

Why don't you shoutcast something? Why don't you let us laugh at your voice and your broken english?

Just curious bro.

knowitall
10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Hmmm no probably not. but you mr. Knowitall, you know everythign without a doubt. And I won't bother asking you as I am probably not in the league of knowledge as you are.

But, I can tell you, there are enough people out there who like HoNcast as it is. Me being one.

As an economics student I can tell you one thing though: If a product doesn't meet the necessary demand compared to it's price it will stop being produced. And I don't see HoNcast stopping anytime soon even with you guys making breakycpk fire all the co-casters.

As Hippi said, he will probably be next in line because some1 found a flaw in his casting or for that sake "sounds like chipper".

Why don't you shoutcast something? Why don't you let us laugh at your voice and your broken english?

Just curious bro.

Shoutcasting isn't something I'm interested in and I hope you realize how dumb the whole "you can't do it better so stfu" argument is. Just because I can't make better cars than Ford doesn't mean I should have to put up with their shitty cars. Fortunately, in the world of cars, there are many brands to choose from. In the world of HoN shoutcasting, Honcast is effectively a monopoly, especially when it comes to livecasts, so there's no reason to sit idly by with shitty casts when we can ***** and moan for something better.

Roidrage
10-11-2010, 08:41 AM
And i dont think the casters need to be above a sertain psr level. Just look at any sports commentator, sure the sidekick is often an ex-pro player, but you dont have to be great in the game to know whats going on, like me, i suck at fotboll compaired to the pros, doesnt mean i cant see/understand whats going on and who does well/poorly.

This is so right. Alot of trainers dont have pro experiance in sports but still can lecture a player...
I watch sports and i have played sports. i can see when a player does a wrong desition. I cant do better but i CAN stil point out flaws.

Reason ppl often tend too use psr as an argument is cus they are wrong and/or dont have an argument against you. Simpel psychology.
And another fact is the gaming community have alot of spoiled kids who cry alot and not used to ppl talking back too them.

Machiavelli`
10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Erm, I just hope this won't effect Breaky in a bad way and infect it will make him stronger and stabilize his role as the leader of the site. He will have to do what's beneficial for Honcast.com and make some necessary adjustment.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Shoutcasting isn't something I'm interested in and I hope you realize how dumb the whole "you can't do it better so stfu" argument is. Just because I can't make better cars than Ford doesn't mean I should have to put up with their shitty cars. Fortunately, in the world of cars, there are many brands to choose from. In the world of HoN shoutcasting, Honcast is effectively a monopoly, especially when it comes to livecasts, so there's no reason to sit idly by with shitty casts when we can ***** and moan for something better.

HoNcast could be concidered a monopoly althought www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/ (http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/) does exist.

They do decent VOIP coverage as well.

And the whole "you can't do it better so stfu" argument is very valid. Cause YOU CAN'T DO IT BETTER. So you are willing to get decent people removed and get worse ones? I'm sorry but I don't understand your knowledge.

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 08:48 AM
What i don't understand is people complaining saying it's the community's fault?

Are we not allowed to speak up and critizise/applaud good or bad casters? Are we just supposed to shut up and accept anything they throw at us, simply because some casters can't handle the critisism of their own viewers?

I mean if so many people actually loved the way phil was casting, you'd think the would support him more than not critisizing him.

"But, I can tell you, there are enough people out there who like HoNcast as it is. Me being one."
No. That's the problem. Honcast doesn't have a massive core of viewers, they don't make "enough", as far as i know they can't even break even yet.

knowitall
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
HoNcast could be concidered a monopoly althought www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/ (http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/) does exist.

They do decent VOIP coverage as well.

And the whole "you can't do it better so stfu" argument is very valid. Cause YOU CAN'T DO IT BETTER. So you are willing to get decent people removed and get worse ones? I'm sorry but I don't understand your knowledge.

Seriously? I even gave you an easy to understand analogy explaining why that's a dumb argument. It's really not that complicated an idea.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Are we not allowed to speak up and critizise/applaud good or bad casters?

No. That's the problem. Honcast doesn't have a massive core of viewers, they don't make "enough", as far as i know they can't even break even yet.

A) Ofc criticize, but before getting the whole staff fired find someone better.

B) Evidence please.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Seriously? I even gave you an easy to understand analogy explaining why that's a dumb argument. It's really not that complicated an idea.

In this case we are going back to the time where (applying to this theory) FORD was the only available car brand.

Assuming this you ether a) Don't buy a car. b) build a better car yourself or c) Deal with it or d) wait for something better to come around.

Thats my point.

knowitall
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
In this case we are going back to the time where (applying to this theory) FORD was the only available car brand.

Assuming this you ether a) Don't buy a car. b) build a better car yourself or c) Deal with it or d) wait for something better to come around.

Thats my point.

e) Complain and criticize, forcing Ford to produce a better product. That's how businesses work.

Undutchable
10-11-2010, 09:01 AM
The awkward part of this dicussion is that, since i'm the OP, i agree with both sides.

#1: I never said honcast was bad. I didnt like the current attitude of certain co-casters

#2: I never said anyone should get fired or replaced. Just a fix to the current problem

#3: I never said i could do it better or have any aspiration to. Just said the jokes are bad and immature, and most of all out of place

#4: Never said i didnt like HenryD, just dont like his immature jokes

#5: Never said i didnt like breaky, i like him, and i do think that he improves on his downsides.

#6: Never said a caster should be good at playing the game. Wasn't my point.

#7: Honcast is a monopoly simply because (so far) there is no1 out there who could beat them, effectively making it a monopoly.

#8:Why would i want to watch honcast without sound. I'd rather listen to it as well, if the commentators are good that is.

#9: I can't do it better, well i don't know. Wether i can or not doesn't matter. The fact is, that the quality was (imo) poor, and i suggested a change, giving facts to the matter.

#10: I'm good at what i do. If i'm not, i get called out for. Just ask former clan mates, friends, teammembers of previous sports clubs. I do what i do good, else i try to improve. They were on a downward spiral, and i'm merely a community member pointing this out to them. What they do with the information is up to them. If Breaky decides to fire Phil, then it's his choice, i never said such a thing.

That said, i think the message is clear, and we can all give our opinions, but I've made my point, and i think that HenryD, as well as Breaky got the message.

Thanks for your opinions, thanks for the response (being it firing phil apparently) from honcast.

Cya

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
e) Complain and criticize, forcing Ford to produce a better product. That's how businesses work.

Except the minor little detail that they are a MONOPOLY...

they don't have to listen... they are in the position of "take it or leave it".

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 09:05 AM
A) Ofc criticize, but before getting the whole staff fired find someone better.

B) Evidence please.

No one i trying to get anyone fired, we are asking them to improve.

And b)
Dangerous dan said it somewhere on this forum a few weeks back, cba to find it. It was a thread about honcast making money and he commented and said that it wasn't expected for a newly formed esports company to break even, it takes time (Obviously) And that they weren't breaking even.

Each livesteam they do have arround 2000 viewers, so no it's not a massive core of people.

knowitall
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Except the minor little detail that they are a MONOPOLY...

they don't have to listen... they are in the position of "take it or leave it".

They are in the position of "take it or leave it" if their product is a necessity. Honcast is hardly what I'd call a necessity.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:10 AM
No one i trying to get anyone fired, we are asking them to improve.

And b)
Dangerous dan said it somewhere on this forum a few weeks back, cba to find it. It was a thread about honcast making money and he commented and said that it wasn't expected for a newly formed esports company to break even, it takes time (Obviously) And that they weren't breaking even.

Each livesteam they do have arround 2000 viewers, so no it's not a massive core of people.
2000 people is still a lot as it is mostly 10% of the community which is online on average.

I have to admit, I don't have time to watch them live, I watch them as replays. And I think a lot of people watch matches as "on demand" rather than watching them live.

If they make their money off Advertisement, then they do make more money from people watching the videos "on demand" then from live coverage (If you can follow me cause I partly lost myself along the way^^)

The_Karcher
10-11-2010, 09:13 AM
so i watched this shoutcast just to see what the fuss was about and i got nothing.

all i see are a bunch of babies who got pubbed stomped, and a bunch of dumbasses who for some reason got butthurt at another well done shoutcast that didnt like how the co-casters were um... co-casting? its HON, its entertaining. why the heck do you care if they rag on some players a bit, its a game, everyone gets ragged on.

@ hon community: suck ass more.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:13 AM
They are in the position of "take it or leave it" if their product is a necessity. Honcast is hardly what I'd call a necessity.

So microsoft at the time they were a monopoly had a product which was a "necessity"? No.

They are in a position of "take it or leave it" when they own 80% of the market share. Which they do as they are the only ones bringing live coverage and have the most "on demand" videos around (to my knowledge, if this is wrong please tell me somewhere else so i can watch stuff from there :p)

Undutchable
10-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Guys, take it to PM's, or create your topic wehter honcast is a monopoly or not.

I'll be happy to dicuss it there, just dont do it here

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Guys, take it to PM's, or create your topic wehter honcast is a monopoly or not.

I'll be happy to dicuss it there, just dont do it here

Why? It is totally relevant to Honcasts current situation and your thread?

The_Karcher
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Also breaky calls us bad mannered at the end for not saying GG, if he took us off his ignore list he'd have seen the GGs

was i not the only person that laughed their ass off upon reading the incredible irony in this statement?

knowitall
10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
So microsoft at the time they were a monopoly had a product which was a "necessity"? No.

They are in a position of "take it or leave it" when they own 80% of the market share. Which they do as they are the only ones bringing live coverage and have the most "on demand" videos around (to my knowledge, if this is wrong please tell me somewhere else so i can watch stuff from there :p)

No one was complaining about the product in the Microsoft anti-trust case. Microsoft was effectively forcing people to buy MS-DOS licenses even when they got a computer without MS-DOS. Microsoft is a horrible example.

edit - i'm done with this thread. this is all irrelevant now.

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Microsoft is a horrible example.
Because it proves my point?

And yes, people were complaining about microsoft...

Funnily enought thats how Apple was created.. Unhappy people from microsoft and outsiders joined together and made Apple...

And then linux came along.. Linuxs is the best of all.

wAL_LEE
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
will all of you ****ing *******s stop ****ing hating on henry just because he is better than you all are? seriously its getting pretty ****ing old to see the same ****ing drama about henry THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GUY , if anything he is a ****ing genius!
will someone here show some maturity for the love of GOD!
I mean seriously how many ' OMG HENRY THIS HENRY THAT' threads have we had on this bloody forum?
GIVE IT A REST WILL YOU?!

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:36 AM
will all of you ****ing *******s stop ****ing hating on henry just because he is better than you all are? seriously its getting pretty ****ing old to see the same ****ing drama about henry THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GUY , if anything he is a ****ing genius!
will someone here show some maturity for the love of GOD!
I mean seriously how many ' OMG HENRY THIS HENRY THAT' threads have we had on this bloody forum?
GIVE IT A REST WILL YOU?!

and you are talking about maturity.

wAL_LEE
10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
and you are talking about maturity.

at least i am trying to stop this endless dispute unlike you.
therefore i can claim the high road.
seriously aren't you getting fed up with all of these rants about henryD that we see a couple of times a week or is it just me that thinks its about time the HoN community gives it a ****ing rest?

IHitYouHARD
10-11-2010, 09:48 AM
at least i am trying to stop this endless dispute unlike you.
therefore i can claim the high road.
seriously aren't you getting fed up with all of these rants about henryD that we see a couple of times a week or is it just me that thinks its about time the HoN community gives it a ****ing rest?

I have no real serious issue with HenryD. I don't hate him at all. But you should address the community more mannered or they'll troll you worse than I did.

Tbh i suck at trolling so be calm. But I do admit that this issue about HonCast and HenryD needs to rest. Honcast needs a break to get sorted thing out by themselves.

After every cast there is a post about "Bla vs Bla bla Caster sucked".

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 10:32 AM
http://lolsauce.com/RandomBS/AwesomeThread.jpg

Pornstash
10-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Don't like someones shoutcasting? Mute buttons on the player.

Personally I like Breakys but thats my 'OPINION'.

KEENGAMER
10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
@ Keengamer, you're not allowed to reschedule so stop ****ing complaining, we got kicked out of the entire tournament because we needed to reschedule.

also, admins should ban your team from every tournament.

I'm not sure how me "Stating what happened" equals complaining

IgomidSTFU
10-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I appreciate what Honcast is doing. Don't listen to the R-tards and keep going, Thanks for making these coverage, thanks HenryD, breaky, phil, hippie and everyone working and helping out with honcast.

Do what you are doing, there will never be any site doing it better than u guys are doing it.

Dina
10-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Huh, Phil got booted because of this cast? Wasn't that bad imo, although HenryD and Phil seem to resonate off each other, increasing the calls out.

Not that calling out players is bad, in fact breaky is far too nice to the majority of the bad plays being shown. I don't see any fault in saying playerX is playing a bad game, I'm sure he himself would agree. But having a grudge like in the cast (or more so, in this thread), that should be left out of the casts.

Not saying that it was a bad cast, but the calling out got kinda close to being mean to PYRO, even though they appear to deserve every trolling remark they get. Casters should be above that.

Asway
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
This is not the first, nor will it be the last thread about Henry or honcast. Threads like these are made every week if not daily. The way I see it is. if threads are being made, clearly something is wrong and it should be fixed.

Fuga
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
phil is the best caster ever

MARCUS
10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I think you kids might be taking e-sports a little too seriously, this game will never be as big as dota was.

Giving phil the boot because he made a boring game semi interesting is stupid.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
My pet Iguana needs feeding.

On topic;

Asway no, you're right something should be done. I KNOW, let's all complain and make casters feel bad about them selves, in order for us not to we ignore you, then when we ignore you, you whine about us ignoring you. It's a vicious cycle isn't it?

C'mon guys be serious, just think, no flaming or anything just think.

This is a FREE service. That means you don't have to pay ANYTHING for it. If you don't like me or Phil, it's simple enough to just turn it off when ever we're casting, we cast for the people that enjoy it and learn from it! kisses

PS. My jokes are NOT immature. It is profoundly obnoxious and top draw material!

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh and #113; pleaes don't start a HoN vs DotA thread here (:

Fuzzel
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
This is a FREE service. That means you don't have to pay ANYTHING for it. If you don't like me or Phil, it's simple enough to just turn it off when ever we're casting, we cast for the people that enjoy it and learn from it! kisses

Funny that Phil got kicked even tho it is free, so Breaky seems to think different. Maybe one day a caster with halfway decent knowledge will show up at honcast, I'm pretty sure Breaky's attitude towards your behaviour would become a little different . Until then:
have fun on the cast!

Away`
10-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Taking the high road would be privately leaving feedback to the honcast staff instead of posting inflammatory comments here.

They are investing huge amounts of time and effort into this to provide you with entertainment, talking **** on the internet about them is pretty unmannered tbh.

Much love to all of the honcast staff for their effort to make the competetive hon scene more accessible and enjoyable!

scroll
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Some people should literally just fall over and die because of how much stupid **** they manage to spout, the world would become a better place.

wAL_LEE
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Taking the high road would be privately leaving feedback to the honcast staff instead of posting inflammatory comments here.

They are investing huge amounts of time and effort into this to provide you with entertainment, talking **** on the internet about them is pretty unmannered tbh.

Much love to all of the honcast staff for their effort to make the competetive hon scene more accessible and enjoyable!

why cant everyone be like him?
Let him be an example to all of you.

oh and HenryD is actually the best caster on HonCast , since he is the one that actually jokes around and understands the game.
We must remember that this is a game guys;)

knowitall
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
My pet Iguana needs feeding.

On topic;

Asway no, you're right something should be done. I KNOW, let's all complain and make casters feel bad about them selves, in order for us not to we ignore you, then when we ignore you, you whine about us ignoring you. It's a vicious cycle isn't it?

C'mon guys be serious, just think, no flaming or anything just think.

PS. My jokes are NOT immature. It is profoundly obnoxious and top draw material!

Stop acting like you're doing the community a huge favor with this "free service" nonsense. Esportsmedia is making money from all the views coming from the community and if, for some insane reason, it stopped getting all these views, I can guarantee Honcast would no longer be around.

Honcast is a business; stop acting like it's a charity.

Tommy
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
xanderk #1

i am now leading the xanderk fan club. WE LOVE YOU KEN

oh and sooner #2. he funnay men. FUNNAY

Sam`
10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Instead of just flaming at Honcast, we should be giving constructive criticism on how they should improve. I'm going to say now that I'm thankful for everything that honcast does, and I think honcast is a great organization, however it can be improved by:

Shoutcasters should be a little less mean when a player makes a mistake. In like ESPN, you don't hear casters say "this player is ****ing terrible, why is he in the NFL," He might say he's having an off day, or something like that.

Get a more variety of casters. HenryD/breaky/phil are good casters, however it can get a little redundant hearing the same voices for every match.

Try and watch the field a little more. I know there is alot of action and usually action happening in 2 or more lanes at once, however there sometimes that the camera is situated on a carry farming neutral creeps when bottom lane is getting ganked.

Honcast should not say "HoN trolls/etc" when replying to criticism, and not just completely ignore them. I understand that their response is an outcome of the amount of actual trolling and flaming that the community brings to them, however since they are an organization, they should be the better man and take the high road.

There are probably more critiques about honcast, but i think i summed up my opinions on how Honcast could improve. I enjoy watching honcast every weekend and I can't wait until dream-hack because watching the tournament last summer for dream hack was one of the coolest things I've seen in a video game. And in no way that I'm saying Honcast is a failure as a company, because that is far from the truth. However is there definitely room for improvement.

Warriorkim
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
At the end of the day, so many people are just tryin to help the casters and the community by improving on some of you'r minor flaws (retards aside who just start flaming coz they were abused as a child or have no friends). Yes Henry ur a good caster, u bring forward so many points and ideas that without u, we'd be clueless on and yes ur jokes on the whole are funny (I'm british so i even get half of ur odder jokes). But the problem most poeple have is ur unprofessional comments towards other people/players, is it so completely unreasonable to suggest you don't openly take the piss outa people for some minor mistakes they might make? i mean if u at least tried to work on that garunteed half ur flamers would lay off u quite a bit. As for Phil, I dunno how many times I and many others have tried to give our constructive feedback on how to improve his casts. No doubt most if not all other people were met by the same response that I got 'shut up, ur wrong, -insert bullshit excuse here- and go watch sumthin else'. This isn't a response to me flaming him, that was to me saying i liked his casts, I thought he was a good caster with interesting comments, but that he could do with working on a few things. Just fkin put sum effort into improving what u do.. have some pride or fkin sumthin. to sum up how I feel, breaky should loosen up n have a few more laffs/jokes during casts, Henry could tighten up n perhaps not alienate half his viewers and Phil should read his feedback as feedback and not as 'i hate phil and want to kill his unborn children' Shout at me n say im wrong if u want, I'm tryin to help not flame, if half of u did the same i'm pretty sure honcast would improve n not have to fire ppl

Warriorkim
10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
and hippie.. u do sound a lil like chipper.. wtb some chipper qoutes on ur next cast

Puppeteer
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
7 pages... damn.

If you don't like honcast you could always go and download the replays in game. It's not like you're paying subscription fees for honcast. *****ing about freebies, good lord.

Mercy
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I liked HenryD at the beginning, when he seemed to be timid and awkward and actually gave real commentary.

Now that he's more comfortable with the position he is in it seems that his commentary has mostly degraded to insults and bored, useless off-the-cuff remarks. Very little of what he says now is of any use and most of the time his comments seem to be for his benefit and amusement rather than that of the community.

In other words, he probably shouldn't be a public figure if this is the way he acts.

7 pages... damn.

If you don't like honcast you could always go and download the replays in game. It's not like you're paying subscription fees for honcast. *****ing about freebies, good lord.

Such ignorance. Just because something is free doesn't mean you can't complain about it, especially if their goal is to do a service for the community. By the way, honcast is not a charity. I don't know if you were aware of that.

Puppeteer
10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Lol, think about it, you're getting all upset about a website on the internet because their free videos aren't up to your standards. Well why don't you pay for some hosting and start your own service where the **** that comes out of your mouth actually matters? I don't care if honcast makes money or is at a loss, it doesn't concern me. I either watch the videos they have or I don't, I don't come on here and cry about the guys casting and even more so the teams involved.

Hsssh
10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Can "honcast defenders" come up with some reasonable arguments? Childish bullshit like "don`t watch it" or "do it better" is getting ridiculous.

Puppeteer
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Honcast defender? I think Honcast is terrible and gave up watching a long time ago. I didn't make a thread and QQ about it for 7 pages because it's the internet, after all. If I cared so much as to QQ for 7 pages about a free service I must surely think I could do better?

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
It's a buisness, BUT IT'S A FREE SERVICE. Now stop arguing please.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Well why don't you pay for some hosting and start your own service where the **** that comes out of your mouth actually matters?

^
THIS

Seriously, go pay for your own website, make your own casts, let's see who gets the most people watching. I'm not even kidding go do it.

NO1 IS ALLOWED TO POST UNTILL THEY MADE THEIR OWN WEBSITE WHERE THEY GET OVER A THOUSAND VIEWERS EACH GAME, MAKING A PROFIT WITHOUT CHARGING ANYONE AND HAS HENRYD AS THEIR INSIGHT.

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
It's a buisness, BUT IT'S A FREE SERVICE. Now stop arguing please.

Should we take this as you are not willing to listen to constructive critisism ? Because thats pretty much what it sounds like..

If you do indeed get as much critisism as your posts seem to suggest then perhaps you should concider changing some stuff to suit a broader crowd?

Having monopoly on casting HoN is a luxury that you should not take for granted, if anyone decides to follow in the steps of dotacommentaries.com you will quickly find yourself short of viewers..

Don't take it as a threat, i enjoy your content, im just incredible annoyed that phil decided to IP ban from your irc because i suggested he should leave the action to breaky when he is +5 seconds behind.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 03:16 PM
yo dude, im henryD? Who are you to argue with me?

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM

Henry who?

Sooner
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM
since this is 7 pages long someone gmme the tldr?

Sam`
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM

You complain about HoN trolls trolling and flaming Honcast. Which i agree with you in that aspect, since they shouldn't be just flaming and calling honcast terrible, since honcast has done alot for HoN. However honcast still can be improved, so instead of you just trolling the people that are giving constructive criticism, you should be hearing what they have to say and do everything you can to make sure honcast is at its finest.

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
You complain about HoN trolls trolling and flaming Honcast. Which i agree with you in that aspect, since they shouldn't be just flaming and calling honcast terrible, since honcast has done alot for HoN. However honcast still can be improved, so instead of you just trolling the people that are giving constructive criticism, you should be hearing what they have to say and do everything you can to make sure honcast is at its finest.

Mate you took the bait..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO3-MxMe2Q

Sooner
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Everyone is a part of honcast! Criticism is key or it would be boring like gamereplays ? oohh damnnn o yeah i did it

Sam`
10-11-2010, 03:34 PM

If you don't like honcast don't watch it/go make your own honcast vs people just being trolls/flaming honcast vs people giving constructive criticism toward honcast. But HenryD is just trolling/ignoring the people who are giving actual constructive criticism.

Sooner
10-11-2010, 03:36 PM
ahh simple enough its like a comment section but forum "style or type" get it ? Well i can't speak for the rest of the fellas but i like the criticism. I used to play by play in mlh like a baws lost my edge ~ been told "im trying to be breaky" which is odd but ive chilld out on the pBp for now ! Any other suggestions for me fellas?

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Page one: People agree that phil did a bad job casting this game

Page two: People crying about critisizing honcast and phil saying he has left honcast

Page Three, four,five: People discussing wether honcast's monopoly on casting should allow them to dismiss critisism as "haha them trolls"

Page 6-7: HenryD raging, trying to turn it arround to "LOLOL I WAS TROLLING".

Page 6-7 best illustrated as such:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9155/henryd.png

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
ahh simple enough its like a comment section but forum "style or type" get it ? Well i can't speak for the rest of the fellas but i like the criticism. I used to play by play in mlh like a baws lost my edge ~ been told "im trying to be breaky" which is odd but ive chilld out on the pBp for now ! Any other suggestions for me fellas?

This is the kind of attitude the rest of the casters needs to have towards critisism.
Ofcause you have the right to ignore actually trolling but when someone brings you honest constructive critisism please take notice, even if you don't respond. I applaud you sooner, thank you.

As for the question, i don't have any particular issues with your casting, you are doing a good job and gets better everytime you do it.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
S-s-s-suckup-pup-pup!

KEENGAMER
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM

You're a pretty cool guy sooner just be yourself <3

svirrz
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
What's up with the caps-lock Henry?

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 04:45 PM
sHIFT bUTTON bROKEN pLEASE hELP

svirrz
10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Dont spill mascara on the keyboard, problem solved

Kolapz
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd just like to say that Sooner and Hippie should be given more air time, one of them possibly even as a main caster. If not, get Chapy on board and you have 2 very very solid cast teams with

Main casters: Breaky and Chapy
Co-casters: Sooner and Hippie
Competitive casters: HenryD and whoever (Kebap?)

The_Thrill
10-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Troll successful you fat nerds. I am honcast.

Christened
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
hahahahahaha....

suntouch
10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Rememeber that time Phil called people fat nerds, when he is around 300lb....and had a boulder of a head, K.

*edit, sooner you rock, i dont mind phil, but you cant call anyone fat xx

daggius
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Three casters doesnt work

keep it at 2 and minimize herp a derps

Bulldozor
10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Troll successful you fat nerds. I am honcast.

You can't troll people if you've already confirmed it is not a troll post. Thats just a big fat failure.

zeHenryD
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Suntouch; go back to CS.

Vinthian
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I think it's time to let this thread die :).