PDA

View Full Version : Statement of Projectile Mechanics

ElementUser
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
"If a unit is bound (with <bind>) to multiple projectiles in a shared timeframe without a presence of <unbind>, then the projectile that (chronologically) expires last will determine the final position of the unit."

Do you guys think this statement is valid for the conditions stated inside of it? Any rewording suggestions? Can you guys think of exceptions for what this statement says?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see this link: http://www.xfire.com/video/219462/

(Unit gets affected by Graveyard's projectile bind and then Tablet's projectile bind in a shared timeframe. However, since Graveyard's projectile expires last, the end result involves Panda teleporting back to the spot where he was initially attached to Graveyard's projectile)

PzKw
10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Binded isn't a word AFAIK; I think you mean bound. Otherwise, I don't see any issues with it.

Jotain
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Cant they just use the same set location & set flying height thingies as in dota?

E: In that situation, graveyard would make target go up & down and tablet makes him move. Both work like they should, no bugs or funny side effects.

BobSaggot
10-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Imo panda got pushed after he got stunned, the graveyard makes him stunned + rise up but it shouldn't make him go back to where he was after the push.

it looks silly, and doesn't make sense

Undutchable
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
It's indeed bound afaik

I think displacement should be placement, but that's not necessary (imo placement>displacement)

Gowerly
10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I would suggest "position" over "displacement"

ElementUser
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Binded isn't a word AFAIK; I think you mean bound. Otherwise, I don't see any issues with it.

In the code they use <bind>, but I'll change it anyway.

Cant they just use the same set location & set flying height thingies as in dota?

E: In that situation, graveyard would make target go up & down and tablet makes him move. Both work like they should, no bugs or funny side effects.

I really really wish they would & it's why I mentioned it to S2 numerous times to do so; I'll still keep on trying.

Imo panda got pushed after he got stunned, the graveyard makes him stunned + rise up but it shouldn't make him go back to where he was after the push.

it looks silly, and doesn't make sense

See above for why this isn't the case :(

It's indeed bound afaik

I think displacement should be placement, but that's not necessary (imo placement>displacement)

In physics, displacement is a line drawn from the initial position to the final position, which is why I used this term.

I would suggest "position" over "displacement"

I suppose I can use final position.

Undutchable
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
It's bound, not bounded.

Bound is the verb you're looking for, not bounded

But the spell/item determines the final position/placement, (the place where the character is positioned) or the placement of that particular character.

The action for someone to be displaced is for him to change his position,
wheras the spell determines the place where the character put, aka placement

I think, but i might be wrong, anyway,final position is more clear anyway

ElementUser
10-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Bounded or bound, w/e.

In Calculus they use bounded so it's technically a word - but whatever

Patchurii
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Bounded or bound, w/e.

In Calculus they use bounded so it's technically a word - but whatever

But IIRC, Bounded refers to the fact that the graph does not extend to a certain area (i.e graph does not go above or below a certain line) and not to the fact that a something is attached to something else.

ElementUser
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
No, I must apply Calculus terms to HoN

:(

Noxulus
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
bounded [ˈbaʊndɪd]
adj Maths
1. (Mathematics) (of a set) having a bound, esp where a measure is defined in terms of which all the elements of the set, or the differences between all pairs of members, are less than some value, or else all its members lie within some other well-defined set
2. (Mathematics) (of an operator, function, etc.) having a bounded set of values

bound 3 (bound)
v.
Past tense and past participle of bind.

Undutchable
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah, that sounds real cool and all, can you put the conclusion at the end, i guess noxulus agrees with me, and my guess would be angel of sol as well? or am i interperting it wrong? :P

Patchurii
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that sounds real cool and all, can you put the conclusion at the end, i guess noxulus agrees with me, and my guess would be angel of sol as well? or am i interperting it wrong? :P

Bound is the correct work, bounded is not.

ElementUser
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I was being sarcastic with my last comment btw

~.~

KARTlK
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure if this will really help you but to me, that wording looks as clear as possible.

Trysaeder
10-05-2010, 05:39 AM
I hate the moving system in HoN; just putting it out there.

It feels so childlike compared to warcraft's. Like comparing apple to linux, or even windows. Looks smooth, limited functionality.

Gowerly
10-05-2010, 05:49 AM
No, I must apply Calculus terms to HoN

:(
You could probably get away with an "integrate" or two, especially if they're partial.