PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible/realistic to have an Invoker-style hero in HoN?

Nikco
09-18-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry if this question have already been asked, but my search didn't yield any results...

What I'm asking is basically two things:
1. Does HoN's game engine allow for a hero with drastically different skill functions, like Invoker in DotA?
2. If it is possible, and people were to make such suggestions, would the developers just discard them immediately as too much of a headache? I kind of has a feeling that this would be the case.

For those of you not familiar with the Invoker, he is drastically different from other heroes:
First of all, each of his skills have 7 levels instead of 4, and his ultimate has 4 levels instead of 3. However, the Invoker doesn't have the 10 levels of attribute boost other heroes have (since 7+7+7+4=25, instead of 4+4+4+3+10=25).
Secondly, his 3 skills are semi-passive, and he can activate them to give himself different continous buffs depending on which skills he has active. His ultimate gives him a vast array (10, actually) of activated spells depending on which of his three passive skills he is currently recieving buffs from.
But the most important thing is the 0/7/7/7/4 level skill build instead of the traditional 10/4/4/4/3.

I'm very interested in this, as it would make it possible to create a lot of very different and unique heroes (like the Invoker himself, who would be awesome if ported as the Archmage or something).
I specifically have an idea for a pseudo-port of the infamous Techies, that can hopefully give people the unique playstyle they crave, without messing up the game like Techies does.

A more in-depth description of the Invoker can be found at: http://www.playdota.com/heroes/invoker

Vahn
09-18-2010, 10:18 AM
HoN is suppose to be a better version of DotA, in the past updates have been made that weren't possible in DotA.

So to my knowledge anything that was possible is DotA is possible in HoN.

Thysios
09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm sure it would be possible to do.
As for how hard/time consuming, idk.

It may be hard seeing as they haven't done anything like that before?
Maybe they will come across all kinds of new bugs. Who knows.
It would be interesting to have a hero like that though.

Hopefully one day :)

ElementUser
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Wrong forums

And of course it'd be possible