http://www.heroesofnewerth.com//images/items/Item_PowerSupply.jpg
+
Major Totem (540g)
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com//images/items/Item_MajorTotem.jpg
+
Recipe (1,250g)
http://i38.tinypic.com/ofvxad.jpg

Description
A charge is gained every time a nearby enemy casts a spell. When activated, all charges are removed while health and mana are restored.

Passive Bonuses
+8 agility
+8 strength
+10 intelligence

Activation
Cooldown: 17 seconds

Restores 1% health and 1% mana per charge. Maximum of 20 charges.

Purpose
I'm not much of a fan of selling items, and inevitably, during those long games, space must be made for much more powerful items, and the power supply is sold. I thought -- instead -- give the power supply an upgrade that would not only realistically be available in the mid to late game, but also only be viable late game, as you must have either 1,500 health or 1,500 mana for the item to be worth it over the power supply. Players now have a choice to make: keep the power core and have a huge self-heal, or sacrafice it for the extra slot for another item.

FuzioN
09-18-2010, 02:31 PM
there is a reason that this is not implemented in the game it is that this would become a core item for almost all heroes. Items that need to get implemented is to enhance some heroes role as supporrt/carry/ganker like use item stun or use item on target allied hero to save him from either damage of carry or a spell.

Right now thats what needed to get implemented to hon, Not items that makes your inventory better and more useful later. and making this as core item for will for example just make some heroes VERY weak early example armadon,Pharaoe, I like your thinking, upgrading some items to become better that is really weak, But this item would become to much base item for all heroes and to powerful especially since its % health and mana.

VorcePA
09-18-2010, 05:17 PM
there is a reason that this is not implemented in the game it is that this would become a core item for almost all heroes. Items that need to get implemented is to enhance some heroes role as supporrt/carry/ganker like use item stun or use item on target allied hero to save him from either damage of carry or a spell.

Right now thats what needed to get implemented to hon, Not items that makes your inventory better and more useful later. and making this as core item for will for example just make some heroes VERY weak early example armadon,Pharaoe, I like your thinking, upgrading some items to become better that is really weak, But this item would become to much base item for all heroes and to powerful especially since its % health and mana.

Then make it prohibitively expensive. That's why I made the recipe cost so high. It could be even higher than that. You can make any item "not a core item" if you just tweak the numbers. The point of suggesting an item is not to look at the numbers and say "this is imbalanced", it's to put forth a concept, with some example numbers, and see what could be changed to make it balanced in the game. I guarantee this item wouldn't be a core on on or against armadon if the recipe cost 5,000 gold, but then nobody would buy it.

RUSty_
09-22-2010, 01:13 AM
can you add the total cost to your post, just makes it alot easier. (2396)
I think its too strong an item to be balanced.

GauntElakor
09-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Power supply is already the best item in game... Now EVERYONE will get it, not just gankers/supports as it was supposed to be.

pwn_U_fast
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
^^ actually chalice is core now, not Power Supply.