PDA

View Full Version : Armadon Build Order in Side Lane

Boozie
09-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Can anyone suggest side-lane build order? I normally get 2xtotems, 1x health pot, 1x food, +3 str, +3 int and build the blood chalice since it's crazy strong.

From there I struggle as to when I want boots, when I need shield (assuming I plan to make hotbl), when to get lifetube to keep the chalice spam going, whether or not I should get a power supply since it's a great item and whether or not I should get a hatchet.

Assuming I plan on playing very aggressive should that change up my buy order? (boots earlier)

Vahn
09-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Lv1 slow early since it gives 10% at all levels.
Max spines asap.
Ult when you can get it.

Atm Spines are broken and stack something like twice as much as normal.

Boozie
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I guess I should have made the topic read Buy order. I'm good on the skills :).

SockDog
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Generally depends on whether your the one harassing or your the one being harassed. If you find yourself getting harassed level armordillo over spines, then show them the booty when they harass you, it wont be long before thy back off. Itemwise i usually go blood chalice, shield, lifetube then boots, then finish hotbl. Then your ready to gt your derp on!

shibbidydoo
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Starting: 1x +3 str/int items, 1 Health pot, 3x runes, 2x minor totems.
Early: Blood Chalice (made from side lane), Power Supply (ferry recepie), orange boots.
Mid: Boots of choice, Helm of the black legion.
Late: Split helm, use lifetube first to make shamans headdress, then get axe of malphas to turn that beastheart into behemoth heart.
Luxury: Demonic Breastplate.

Derp.

radicalomg
09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I like rushing shamans on occasion, the hp regen is sick, i dont feel the need to block alot really.

robbiek1
09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Starting: 1x +3 str/int items, 1 Health pot, 3x runes, 2x minor totems.
Early: Blood Chalice (made from side lane), Power Supply (ferry recepie), orange boots.
Mid: Boots of choice, Helm of the black legion.
Late: Split helm, use lifetube first to make shamans headdress, then get axe of malphas to turn that beastheart into behemoth heart.
Luxury: Demonic Breastplate.

Derp.

Use lifetube to make shamans headdress, eh?

~Robbie

Hoteh
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Use lifetube to make shamans headdress, eh?

~Robbie

Being sarcastic? Because it works, like making sotm or Steamboots with different stat items than what it says in the shop.

eyesis
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Being sarcastic? Because it works, like making sotm or Steamboots with different stat items than what it says in the shop.

Don't worry - he is 1300 for a reason.

iPotz
09-03-2010, 03:20 PM
How can u tell what other items u can use to build something?

EGNesTea420
09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
How can u tell what other items u can use to build something?

When you put them together it turns into that item.

No way to know unless you already knew it from old DoTA days or heard it somewhere.

bfbfbfbf
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
:glad::glad::glad:

imthecatcher
09-03-2010, 05:07 PM
shield, mana battery, 3 trees

power supply, boots, blood chalice, get rid of shield

shamans headdress, sac stone

heart, whatever else u want

people who build hotbl on armadon are stupid, he has a passive that stacks a spine every 200 dmg, so you want to be absorbing dmg, not reflecting it

whatghost
09-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I like to go hatchet, 6 runes, 3 totems.

Andycrapped
09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I like to go hatchet, 6 runes, 3 totems.
Which is bad.

1) Get the first 2 pieces of blood chalice
2) Get rest in health pots/runes
3) Get 3rd piece of blood chalice at side shop.
4) Poop on people the rest of the game.

Capricious
09-03-2010, 05:42 PM
+3int, +3str, 1 trees, 1hp pot, 2 totems
blood chalice, shield if neccessary, boots, psupply
build shamans OR hotbl
behe heart
daemonic bp

people who build hotbl on armadon are stupid, he has a passive that stacks a spine every 200 dmg, so you want to be absorbing dmg, not reflecting it

A. There is no reason to buy a battery with your starting gold. It offers no stats and spells are rarely used during the early laning phase. Oh, and you can get it from the side shop.
B. The longer you live, the more spine bursts you can cast. A dead arma can't spine burst, so anything that keeps you alive is good. Hotbl provides arma with everything he needs and is disassembled later on for behe heart.
C. The mana regen on sac stone is unnecessary. By that point in the game, arma doesnt have mana problems.

WHS
09-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Chalice.

Everything else is luxury.

shibbidydoo
09-03-2010, 05:49 PM

A. There is no reason to buy a battery with your starting gold. It offers no stats and spells are rarely used during the early laning phase. Oh, and you can get it from the side shop.
B. The longer you live, the more spine bursts you can cast. A dead arma can't spine burst, so anything that keeps you alive is good. Hotbl provides arma with everything he needs and is disassembled later on for behe heart.
C. The mana regen on sac stone is unnecessary. By that point in the game, arma doesnt have mana problems.
As this guy said. The HOTBL Gives you midgame survivability and viability. It then splits into a lifetube which becomes part of a shamans headress (For those who do not know you can use the lifetube instead of 2x trinkets) and the beastheart combines iwth the axe to become a behemoth heart.

So ill throw it back at you. Not having a helm of the black legion with your build up is stupid.

G'day

NwGRich
09-04-2010, 04:08 AM
blood chalice end game

deadlydorito
09-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Whats the button combination for dissasembling items?

Feedmuch
09-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Put item in stash and double click it

Vahn
09-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Left click on the item while its in your stash.

SpankMEplz`
09-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Whats the button combination for dissasembling items?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Konami_Code.svg

RobotRock
09-05-2010, 01:04 AM
straight blood chalice. then courier 2-3 health pots. then lifetube. proceed to dominate

superboyy
09-05-2010, 01:09 AM

I knew about the steamboots, but not this. Kinda weird.

shibbidydoo
09-05-2010, 02:13 AM
The reason it wierd to most people is that unlike the steamboots and SOTM thing, lifetube actually costs more than the other options. Trinket x2 costs total of 700, while lifetube costs 875 or something like that.

That aside, yes, it does work. Helm of victom+mystic vestments+lifetube

Wolfoy
09-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's a Carry Armadon build:

Start With: Buckler, 2x Tangos, 3x Totems.
From Outpost (in this order): Hatchet, Red Boots, Helm of Victim, Mystic Vestments.
Finish the Shaman's headdress. After that turn red boots into phase boots. At this point if you find yourself in need of mana, get either a blood chalice or ring of the teacher.
Next core item: Shrunken Head (black king bar). After that you can either build a DPS item, or a Tanky item. For DPS I'd recommend a shieldbreaker. For a tanky item I'd get a Daemonic Breastplate. (Buy the armor parts first)
After you get your DPS or Tank item you just make the same decision once again. Your next DPS item is really just preference or situational, but if you get another Tank item you'd probably want to get a Behemoth's Heart.

Note: I wouldn't get a Vanguard (Helm of the black legion) because it is really only useful early game, and if you are playing a carry armadon you do not need early game items. A shaman's headdress is useful throughout because it adds magic armor, whereas a vanguard gives you a chance to block 40 damage (which isnt a lot once you get into late game). The 300 health is really the only reason I'd get it instead of a headdress, and even then I rarely get it.

Skill Build:

1-2-2-3-2-4-2-3-3-3-4-1-1-1-stats-4-stats

This skill build gives you your slow at lvl 1 for an early gank or blood lust with your lane partner. It then maxes spines so you do the most damage with them. After that it maxes your spine/tank passive so that you can absorb more damage. Lastly it maxes your slow, with ultimate taken at 6,11, and 16. The reason you max the other two skills before your slow is because your slow gives off rather poor increase per level as opposed to the other 2.

Capricious
09-05-2010, 02:00 PM
"Carry" armadon build is the same as "Tank" armadon build. He does damage by staying alive, not autoattacking people down. He needs HP+HP regen and armor, thats it. For the moments you are autoattacking, thats what restless damage is for.

bkb, waste of money
shieldbreaker, waste of money

TheS4ndm4n
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
always go blood chalice first.
@ low levels thats a full bar of mana for like 1 tree worth of HP.
screw boots. i dont get them untill i got hotbl finished. or even a shamans headdress when i need the magic resist (lane against a nuker)
You get enough runspeed from your ulti.

my build:
start: 2 parts of blood chalice, 2 tree's and 2 manapots
be agressive, mana should all be used by the time you buy the trinket to finish blood chalice.
use the chalice to keep up harras (or kill ppl if there stupid) untill you run out of tree's to eat. you should have enough now to buy a life tube, if not ferry come more tree's untill you do.
lifetube, shield, hotbl
vestments before shield if you lane against a nuker. finish shamans after hotbl is done.
then red boots into the armored boots.
save up for axe and hearth rec. disasemble hotbl into hearth.

after this im not sure what to get next... usually go with the demonic bp

Lepracan
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM

What are the different ways to make steamboots and SotM?

MrSnowman
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Don't worry - he is 1300 for a reason.
Seem you're wasting 175 gold every time you build a shamans headdress. And is 1 temporary hp reg really worth that?

Eivind
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
chalice and ring of the teacher, you will win the lane..

Ekamo
09-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Just for people that are saying HotBL isn't core, I can assure you. It is.
Combined with armadillo, it will make you almost immune to autoattack from behind way into early late-game. And by then your armor is so high or you should have the first part of Daemonic (1400 g) so you will still just shrug of the autoattacks like nothing.
This is the best itembuild for armadon in most cases.

Start of with: :RunesOfTheBlight::MinorTotem::MinorTotem::Crushin gClaws::MarkOfTheNovice:

Rush Blood chalice and :IronBuckler:

Get :Lifetube:. Combined with chalice you can spam quills nonstop

Finish :HelmOfTheBlackLegio. CORECORE! I would even get this versus a only magic lineup like :thun::pyro::nymp::hell::plag: (yes the lineup is bad but you get my point) It doesn't only block hero damage, it helps alot versus creeps and also makes sure towerdives goes like a breeze.

Now get :PowerSupply: since it is just too useful on all heroes except maybe :wild:

Now get :Marchers:. They aren't that useful early on on Armadon and he is still pretty fast when +lvl6. Also you should have one level in slow. In most cases you want your Helm of the Black Legion first off since it helps you so much early on.

:ShamansHeaddress: is also a must against most lineups here, but can be skipped if faced against a heavy physical team.

Upgrade boots here.:Steamboots: is my favorite since you are already very fast with ulti but I can see the reasoning behind :EnhancedMarchers: or Plated Greaves.

If you are facing a heavy physical team and are skipping shamans get a :Platemail:

Now work on your :BehemothsHeart: and then :DaemonicBreastplate.

Usually you won't get all of these items but they are what you should strive for. I fail to see why you should buy anything else then these items. The build order may be different but all of these items iv'e listed just works too good with :arma: to be skipped.

Edit: Must not forget about an early :RingOfTheTeacher: into an :NomesWisdom: that is very good against physical lineups. Don't underestimate the power of this items in certain situations.

LikeABoss
09-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Just for people that are saying HotBL isn't core, I can assure you. It is.
Combined with armadillo, it will make you almost immune to autoattack from behind way into early late-game. And by then your armor is so high or you should have the first part of Daemonic (1400 g) so you will still just shrug of the autoattacks like nothing.
This is the best itembuild for armadon in most cases.

Start of with: :RunesOfTheBlight::MinorTotem::MinorTotem::Crushin gClaws::MarkOfTheNovice:

Rush Blood chalice and :IronBuckler:

Get :Lifetube:. Combined with chalice you can spam quills nonstop

Finish :HelmOfTheBlackLegio. CORECORE! I would even get this versus a only magic lineup like :thun::pyro::nymp::hell::plag: (yes the lineup is bad but you get my point) It doesn't only block hero damage, it helps alot versus creeps and also makes sure towerdives goes like a breeze.

Now get :PowerSupply: since it is just too useful on all heroes except maybe :wild:

Now get :Marchers:. They aren't that useful early on on Armadon and he is still pretty fast when +lvl6. Also you should have one level in slow. In most cases you want your Helm of the Black Legion first off since it helps you so much early on.

:ShamansHeaddress: is also a must against most lineups here, but can be skipped if faced against a heavy physical team.

Upgrade boots here.:Steamboots: is my favorite since you are already very fast with ulti but I can see the reasoning behind :EnhancedMarchers: or Plated Greaves.

If you are facing a heavy physical team and are skipping shamans get a :Platemail:

Now work on your :BehemothsHeart: and then :DaemonicBreastplate.

Usually you won't get all of these items but they are what you should strive for. I fail to see why you should buy anything else then these items. The build order may be different but all of these items iv'e listed just works too good with :arma: to be skipped.

Edit: Must not forget about an early :RingOfTheTeacher: into an :NomesWisdom: that is very good against physical lineups. Don't underestimate the power of this items in certain situations.

I may skip the Power Supply just because it seems that it loses it's usefulness on armadon fast. And I never actually tried Nome is that viable? The Ring of the Teacher seems useful but I don't think the Nome would be worth the money. I think it'd be better in investing for more tank items.

Ekamo
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I may skip the Power Supply just because it seems that it loses it's usefulness on armadon fast. And I never actually tried Nome is that viable? The Ring of the Teacher seems useful but I don't think the Nome would be worth the money. I think it'd be better in investing for more tank items.

It heals you every time you do an ability, not for much but if you do it all the time it is great hp reg. Also it gives nice +armor and manareg. Definitely viable.

Capricious
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Nomes is theoretically ok because the stats are decent and you'll heal yourself for about 8hp with each snot/spine. However, it is a delay of 2240g towards something more powerful.

I wouldn't include it in a standard built, but its not horrible.

Hoteh
09-07-2010, 01:31 PM
What are the different ways to make steamboots and SotM?

Steamboots: Boots, Gloves, and any one of the three +6 stat items.
SotM; Glowstone, recipe, and any 2 of the +10 stat items. However, you're pretty much always going to want the +10 Strength and Intellect ones on any hero that will get SotM anyway.

potoBest
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
skill spines

press w a lot

right click on your opponent's tower while pressing w

after they're dead, kill some creeps

when they come back repeat

shibbidydoo
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Seem you're wasting 175 gold every time you build a shamans headdress. And is 1 temporary hp reg really worth that?
50 hp, 1 regen, and 40 dmg block during early game for only a max 300 cost (im assuming you shuck the shield, and considering that you buy one anyway)? Hell yeah. That 40 damage early game is huge.

So yes, to answer your question, it is very worth it.

DrunkHON
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I get 2x health pot, 1x runes, +3 str and +3 int thingies.

Then i get ring of regen to make blood chalice. Then a shield, then +5 hp regen thingy, boots, vitality booster, phase boots, headdress, heart of tarrasque, assault cuirass, is my pretty standard build (sorry for dota terms cant remember hon ones :/ ). obviously you dont get all those items in side lane. i think heart should always be gotten on armadon, i've seen people go mock or SnY, those are shitty, you will do more dmg when u get more quill sprays, and heart will give u a lot more quill spray.