PDA

View Full Version : Demented Shaman (Dazzle) - Arcane Hide

fulgorestyle
07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
i don't understand how this skill is comparable to grave.. halving incoming damage by 50% for 6 seconds vs not being able to die for 5 seconds with a retarded cooldown

the old grave -> new grave is character defining for dazzle, now he has no lane control and he isn't any type of threat to the enemy. just a mediocre healer with an unreliable defensive skill.

grave + mana gained while being hit with the cooldown would be fine, as it is now, the spell is a joke and you are better off putting 1 point in it just to farm mana while your team tanks

Cantspel
07-07-2009, 11:35 AM
huh what? 50% damage reduction is great to prevent spikes on that hero the enemy just loves to kill first.

As for the shammy being useful? He is one of those near OP heroes ATM if played right. His root is brutal, his base attack hits like a brick, and if the enemy is dumb enough to stand near a creep wave he can near one shot them with the heal. Even end game he has his ult (which I think is broken) that reduces enemies armor to the -'s if you hit them within the MASSIVE AoE, not to mention it turns all allies in the AoE into near tanks.

fulgorestyle
07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
huh what? 50% damage reduction is great to prevent spikes on that hero the enemy just loves to kill first.

in what regards? a blinking legionnaire? i'm really not seeing any fight where someone taking 50% damage for 6 seconds is ever going to be comparable to someone surviving death for 5.

As for the shammy being useful? He is one of those near OP heroes ATM if played right. His root is brutal his base attack hits like a brick, and if the enemy is dumb enough to stand near a creep wave he can near one shot them with the heal.harrassing isn't comparable to dota so his base attack being as high as it is in dota is irrelevant. i take more damage from creeps after selecting them than i deal when the attack lands.

haling damage is physical, not as great as you think it is. also, how would you be able to 1-shot someone with this early game if you need to have 3 root for the stun component?

Even end game he has his ult (which I think is broken) that reduces enemies armor to the -'s if you hit them within the MASSIVE AoE, not to mention it turns all allies in the AoE into near tanks.without a suction skill (enigma/magnataur/dark seer) or a aoe disable (tree) i fail to see any "game breaking" effect from weave.

Inconmon
07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
in what regards? a blinking legionnaire? i'm really not seeing any fight where someone taking 50% damage for 6 seconds is ever going to be comparable to someone surviving death for 5.

So you are saying a simple ability isnt as powerful as his ultimate? Are you sure?

Cantspel
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
By broken I mean that the effect stays on, and continues to -armor or +armor even when out of the area of effect.

Elmy
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
By broken I mean that the effect stays on, and continues to -armor or +armor even when out of the area of effect.

Intended, or at least, it was that way in DotA.

fulgorestyle
07-08-2009, 03:41 AM
So you are saying a simple ability isnt as powerful as his ultimate? Are you sure?

i'm confused here, what does arcane hide/grave have anything to do with weave? weave is identical in dota as it is in HoN

dota dazzle = grave instead of arcane hide

grave stats

cooldown 54/40/26/12
effect: hero cannot be killed for 5 seconds

current mechanics of demented shaman = 20/30/40/50% damage reduction for 6 seconds with the cooldown INCREASING as you level it

so, again, i ask, what realistic situation would 50% damage reduction help more effectively than just avoiding death for 5 seconds?