PDA

View Full Version : Psr drop. 1605 down to 1490 again.

Connect
07-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Why is it simply not possible to substain a decent psr rating without a team, when playing in public?

_blomman
07-31-2010, 12:23 PM
its not that hard. im 1700 and i win most of my matches when playing alone

EruruuChan
07-31-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah, on my sub I played a game that cost me roughly 35 points, and I lost, because we had an intentional feeder on our team. PSR shouldn't be determined by external influences, especially players on your own team in the case of intentional feeding etc.) there should be a feeder vote option that's team exclusive, because no opposing team will vote kick a free farm :/

MrSnowman
07-31-2010, 01:00 PM
I must agree a bit. I do believe the PSR system is a very good system. But I have been having a less extreme case with me getting up to 1570 with the help of my brother. When I went pubbing about 15 games i was down to 1490 or something. I think we're really in the same tier, but he has 1670, think he thinks the same. The thing is that he's a carry player. He can play other heroes but his top five is :madm: :pyro: :scou: :chro: :arac: with quite a lead on madman pyro and scout. Really i feel that the hero coices might be the thing that makes him a 1670 and me a 1550-1570 as a support I'm more Dependant on my team doing well rather than me. He can have a really crappy team then go to the enemy woods with scout and come out with a genocide. Dsham cannot do that.

tl;dr:Play as the team carry and you will get closer to your true skill rating. If you're a balanced player that is.

_blomman
07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
I must agree a bit. I do believe the PSR system is a very good system. But I have been having a less extreme case with me getting up to 1570 with the help of my brother. When I went pubbing about 15 games i was down to 1490 or something. I think we're really in the same tier, but he has 1670, think he thinks the same. The thing is that he's a carry player. He can play other heroes but his top five is :madm: :pyro: :scou: :chro: :arac: with quite a lead on madman pyro and scout. Really i feel that the hero coices might be the thing that makes him a 1670 and me a 1550-1570 as a support I'm more Dependant on my team doing well rather than me. He can have a really crappy team then go to the enemy woods with scout and come out with a genocide. Dsham cannot do that.

tl;dr:Play as the team carry and you will get closer to your true skill rating. If you're a balanced player that is.

my top 5 are :vind: :valk: :glac: :elec: :pebb:

only 1 carry in here and im doing fine

mep
07-31-2010, 01:56 PM
In beta when playing alone i was hovering 1750-1800 psr.
Now i'm playing with good people and i'm hovering around 1700 psr.

It really just comes down to luck and how much you play. I had twice as many games played in beta and my psr was higher so yeah.

QKO
07-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Today I saw a 1450 beat a 1700 in mid. Just so you know.

Neru
07-31-2010, 03:34 PM
In beta when playing alone i was hovering 1750-1800 psr.
Now i'm playing with good people and i'm hovering around 1700 psr.

It really just comes down to luck and how much you play. I had twice as many games played in beta and my psr was higher so yeah.

Beta PSR was about +100 on your skill level anyways.
I was 1750-1800 in Beta and the mega-pros were 2100~. They're now more 1900-2000 and I'm 1700 (1660~ after a lovely lose streak).

QKO
07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Beta PSR was about +100 on your skill level anyways.
I was 1750-1800 in Beta and the mega-pros were 2100~. They're now more 1900-2000 and I'm 1700 (1660~ after a lovely lose streak).
Not really the issue, most people these days play in groups. So the average level of the players now is higher than in beta. Most people that managed to solo their psr to their levels now end up in trouble because now they are fighting full teams.

Zetron
07-31-2010, 03:48 PM
can't beat me being 1700+ PSR and going down to 1450.

Solution: Soulstealer, Devourer, Deadwood, Fayde, Valkyrie.

Deadwood and devourer on mid will get you a quick 15-20 min concede in lower PSR brackets. That's what I'm doing.. thing is it gets boring as **** and I end up picking an actual hero and get a retard on middle that can't do anything so ye. Down goes my PSR.

I'll eventually start playing with a full team of friends and get back to 1700+ anyway...But ye. There are people at 1700+ that just don't belong there.

Zeons
07-31-2010, 03:51 PM

That happened to me today and I am 1780 psr. Personally I stopped playing hon for a few weeks and this is the result xD thank god I started recovering after a few games, my response was just way 2 slow.

QKO
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
That happened to me today and I am 1780 psr. Personally I stopped playing hon for a few weeks and this is the result xD thank god I started recovering after a few games, my response was just way 2 slow.
PSR just says very little about the player's skill. There's several games where I was facing 1700+ or maybe 1800+ where I just make them look bad. And according to some people here I should be 1300+.

EDIT: seems I was in your game: 9008974

Rukii
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Why is it simply not possible to substain a decent psr rating without a team, when playing in public?

I dont play in a team oo. You have too few Creepkills for your top played heroes. 2 creep denies. Low K+A: D (just a few things). Sry you dont deserve to be higher.
No flame or anything just my opinion. Become better = win more = higher psr

/edit: "1400 beating 1700 mid": Well could be outpicked, bad day , what ever

KalurO
07-31-2010, 04:08 PM
PSR is a TERRIBLE system. I went from 1500 to ~1000's and now I am back up to the 1600s. Once you get below 1500, it is very hard getting back up.

Why? If you dont belong in the 1000-1400 range you will literally be raping the other team with a mid-semi carry. If you do belong there and are at par with your team you'll achieve an average of 50% wins.

Grokken
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
The difference between 1605 and 1490 actually isn't very big. It only takes something like 5-10 losses in a row to drop down to the 1400s. Sometimes you will get a bad team a couple of times in a row and lose a bit of psr, but if you focus on just playing well yourself your psr will increase in the long run. If you just can't seem to increase your psr past a point, it is almost certainly because thats where you belong.

ChikenMcTest
07-31-2010, 07:58 PM
If you end up in really low brackets the way you are going to win is to carry your team. The best way imho is to go for the army build War Beast. You can knock down towers with the the other team really being able to do much.

Also having a ton of units around you helps protect you from things like Swiftblade and Moon Queen's ultimates. Just becuase MQ and Swift seem to be the most popular carries at that level.

powerofsk
08-01-2010, 01:45 AM
If you actually think the psr system is garbage, you're dumb.

A good support is as valued as a good carry. Its easy to rice up creepkills andcome out right clicking people. Its much harder to set up wards for your team, to be there at the right time to heal your team, to make sure your team stays alive, to harass in the lane phase so the carry can last hit, etc.

I find it baffling if you can manage to drop 200 points on the scale.

Eventually you can hit a point where you can go back up. If you can't, you are at where you belong.
Obviously there are bad 1700 players and decent 1400 players, but the system will always shift to 1800+ being the better group and <1400 being the worse group.

If you can't win out of a low psr bracket, you aren't ready to move up. There's a reason why that one 1750 pubstar can stomp a random 1500 ap game. He's at the level. (or he just plays soulstealer way too much)

SirLolz
08-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Only doing pub games on my first account, I sustained 1700 over the course of 300 games. Now with this account I have purely pubbed and raising rating easily. You win some, you lose some- it's just how it goes. However the you're more likely to win if you fill in the gaps of your team, instead of just picking a preferred hero.

Also don't join obvious pub stomps.

KorokFanNr1
08-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I've never gone below 1400 and that time i went that far back, I carried those games easy back to 1600-1700. Seems like the system works correctly.

DeBaron
08-01-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't see how anyone that were to find himself in the 1700 range drop under 1500 sure you can get an unlucky streak but when some people say it's hard to get back up from under 1500? man I've seen these games, free kills all over the place, usually no wards, no courier and no map awareness of any player if your a decent player you should be able to carry the game with a strong ganker a semi carry or a hard carry

Juztice314
08-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Sadly, if you arn't at the level where you can pretty much carry a team to victory and you prefer to play Ganker or support, your going to be gambling your psr every game. :/

TOPDECKED
08-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I play alone or carry my tardkid friends and I'm not pro. I'm 1700 atm, and I got there simply by being patient and watching pros to copy their styles.

SB7
08-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I feel like if you play solo in pubs, your PSR is probably going to be less than it should. If you always play with like 4-5 (maybe 3) locks/friends, it will probably be higher.

I play solo like 90-95% of the time. The friends I do play with on occasion don't play much, and aren't as good as me.

I pretty much can't get over 1500 psr (yes I'm a baddie, and can't consistently dominate mid at this level.. sometimes yes, but most of the time no). In fact, I've spent a good deal of time around 1400 and sub 1400. Yet, I often run into kids with 1550, 1580, 1600 psr on a 3-lock team that I can out play in every facet of the game. There PSR is simply higher because they've got a significantly less chance of getting a retard/feeder (or multiple ones) on there team.

And yes, my stats aren't great, and I've got like 35% EM. But my stats have been mostly better the last few weeks/months, and I hardly play any EM now. I'm also not saying I belong at 1650. I'm probably a 1500-1550 type player, but because I always solo pub I'm pretty much stuck at 1400-1500

QKO
08-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I feel like if you play solo in pubs, your PSR is probably going to be less than it should. If you always play with like 4-5 (maybe 3) locks/friends, it will probably be higher.

I play solo like 90-95% of the time. The friends I do play with on occasion don't play much, and aren't as good as me.

I pretty much can't get over 1500 psr (yes I'm a baddie, and can't consistently dominate mid at this level.. sometimes yes, but most of the time no). In fact, I've spent a good deal of time around 1400 and sub 1400. Yet, I often run into kids with 1550, 1580, 1600 psr on a 3-lock team that I can out play in every facet of the game. There PSR is simply higher because they've got a significantly less chance of getting a retard/feeder (or multiple ones) on there team.

And yes, my stats aren't great, and I've got like 35% EM. But my stats have been mostly better the last few weeks/months, and I hardly play any EM now. I'm also not saying I belong at 1650. I'm probably a 1500-1550 type player, but because I always solo pub I'm pretty much stuck at 1400-1500
Again, everyone in between 1400-1700 is more or less of the same skill level.

SB7
08-01-2010, 12:42 PM
That simply isn't true from what I've seen. I'd agree there are some 1400s that are as good as some 1600s. But that's an exception, not the rule.

If you take every 1450 and randomly assign them to groups of 5. Then take every 1650 and randomly assign them to groups of 5. Have each 1450 team play a random 1650 team.
You're telling me, more or less, the win/loss rate for each group will be 50% ?

QKO
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
That simply isn't true from what I've seen. I'd agree there are some 1400s that are as good as some 1600s. But that's an exception, not the rule.

If you take every 1450 and randomly assign them to groups of 5. Then take every 1650 and randomly assign them to groups of 5. Have each 1450 team play a random 1650 team.
You're telling me, more or less, the win/loss rate for each group will be 50% ?
Pretty much. Depends on whether they are stable within the 1400-1700 range though. Someone that has only lost games so far and ended up 1450 is well on his way to 1300 or even 1200.

Mopez
08-01-2010, 02:36 PM
PSR works fine, atleast for me it does. 95% of my games i play alone and my psr stays at around 1610. I do have lots of morons as team mates, but i have just as many as enemies. If you cant hold the 1600 psr it means youre not good enough for the 1600 psr bracket.

Keep on playing.

Dgenerate`
08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Why? If you dont belong in the 1000-1400 range you will literally be raping the other team with a mid-semi carry. If you do belong there and are at par with your team you'll achieve an average of 50% wins.

Because you depend SO much on your teammates in this game. Yes you can sometimes one man army, but if you have teammates who are bad and feed the opponent's carries, there is no way you will be able to out carry them. Once you get below the ~1500 mark, it's like drowning, and only the strongest can pull themselves (as well as their teammates) out of the muck.

You know what my strategy was when I dropped to ~1000 PSR? Since I couldn't depend on my teammates doing anything useful at that level, I played like 10 games in a row of :warb: . I used the "own towers strategy" and just raxxed as fast as possible. Only when I was in the ~1400 range would I see some decent team play.

SB7
08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Pretty much. Depends on whether they are stable within the 1400-1700 range though. Someone that has only lost games so far and ended up 1450 is well on his way to 1300 or even 1200.

Alrite, I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it, but it's not like we're going to change each others mind about it. I just have yet to see anyone < 1500 be anywhere near good enough to carry themselves anywhere close to 1700.

QKO
08-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Alrite, I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it, but it's not like we're going to change each others mind about it. I just have yet to see anyone < 1500 be anywhere near good enough to carry themselves anywhere close to 1700.
Noone really carries himself anywhere. People often don't get the value of their teammates until those teammates really **** up in every game. It's a teamgame and the decisive factor is the amount of active braincells on compared to the other team's. There's very few games where even the best pull through on their own(this includes chu`; cuz I spotted a nice loss streak till his LOAD buddies showed up to clear the mess up).

SB7
08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes and no. It's a team game sure. But according to a lot of higher PSR ppl on these forums, if you're that good you can *easily* go solo mid and carry yourself out of this **** bracket. And according to you, 1400-1700 is same skill level.. (of course we disagree on that point still ;p) ..putting them at 1700+

Anyway, by saying "carry themselves" I did not mean they'd win every game by his/her self with 4 retarded teammates. But if you're that good, you're going to win more than you lose as long as you stay away from 3+ lock pub stomp teams. Thus eventually carrying yourself out of that bracket, because you're the big difference maker on your team every game.

P.S. We should play together sometime :)

nYn
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM

i only solo pub and i maintain high 1600's/low 1700's without even being good at this game

Innate
08-01-2010, 04:57 PM
This is a really a pointless debate, as the people stuck at low psr's will continue to blame it all on "bad luck" until they finally get to higher psr's and then they will credit it to their "high skill." People will almost always blame failures on external factors, and successes on internal factors, especially when there's no real way to "prove" otherwise. What is more likely is that is it somewhere inbetween both these things, but the difference is that "luck" evens out over time, so it is hard to believe that after 100+ games people will have had "bad" or "good" luck in general, whereas "skill" has stayed constant (for the most part).

Take it for what you will, I know that when I started playing matchmaking games at 1500 it was quite easy to "carry" a team, but now that I play with at least half decent people I have to get a team that is willing to pick wisely, work together, and execute well, if I'm going to win. I'm guessing if I was at a higher level of play ("a pro level", or whatever you want to call it), I could still carry these games with some consistency (as I see some players do), however I'm not, so now I start to feel the "luck" as a larger factor in my wins and losses.

Bottom line is if you are 1500 or so, there are LOTS of things you can improve on. You might have horrible luck, but after a decent number of games if you're a 1700 or an 1800 player you will NOT get stuck at 1500, unless you're like playing No AB games against full premades with pub teams.

Jocke`
08-01-2010, 05:04 PM
also people always want to blame everyone else, why im not sure about but heres an example:

youre playing a pub and your top lane goes 0-4 vs their top lane, possible scenarios:
1. omg my team is feeding theyre so bad why do i always have bad luck
2. ah their top lane is playing well, might be time for me to help my top lane regain control

mostly everyone rather blame instead of looking back on what they could have done differently (which really is the only thing that is improving you as a player in the long run besides playing alot of games)

Decency
08-01-2010, 07:10 PM
There's very few games where even the best pull through on their own(this includes chu`; cuz I spotted a nice loss streak till his LOAD buddies showed up to clear the mess up).
You must be referring to his Outmannered account during beta where he started out something like 30-0 despite playing Glacius and other non-carries.

EGNesTea420
08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
It's really easy to carry a bunch of bad players if you are in a similar PSR game. (AKA carry a bunch of 1300's against other 1300's).

When I'm not playing with friends these days I play with no stats to practice different heroes.

Even though it is no stats (so people might not be trying as hard as they could be) lower PSR players still do try. Every single match I have been able to carry my team against another equally matched team going mid with devourer (I'm awful at devo). It's not even like I'm trying really hard at it, it's just not that hard because lower PSR players don't understand a lot of things.

A lot of times what players find is that they are an "average" player in their games. When they have decent teammates they do well and can win games. They are players who can listen to directions well and work well with the team but might not have the best personal skill.

The problem is when you get a bad team. If you aren't a strong solo player than you probably will lose because of bad teammates and lose PSR.

Some people just need to realize that they aren't all amazing solo players who can single handedly carry games. Some people can, not all though.

IKHAN
08-01-2010, 08:08 PM
if you focus on just playing well yourself your psr will increase in the long run. If you just can't seem to increase your psr past a point, it is almost certainly because thats where you belong.

Truth. Focus on you and the rest will follow.

Rusian
08-01-2010, 08:08 PM
in order to win in pubs you must have either a good team or friends to play with or luck.Just like a lottery really but what can u expect, its a team game.

Other night i went 18/3 with deadwood and still lost.Really fustrating.

A good way to gain psr is to join no ab games that range from 1400-1700.Those guys have inflated and faked psr cuz they play as a team and win and its easy pickings if u have a team and if ur good u should get some good stats.Like they were 1300-1400 but got a team toghether and followed some basic guides and they got huge psr but their awareness is low to nothing aswell as what x counters x.Be sure to check stats on ur own team and if some1 has horrible stats leave cuz hell fed.Another good thing is that the balance sometimes is in their favour so u get big psr if u win and los less psr if u ..well lose.

Pwnograhpy
08-02-2010, 01:04 AM
The 1700 was an EM player, the 1450 was someone who got down from 1600 probably.

JackSparrow`
08-02-2010, 01:23 AM
from 1413 or so, win streak to 1607, I lost few matches ofc but I play so much...
then from 1607 to 1513, now Im going up again

EGNesTea420
08-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Seriously though I do think that people are mostly around the same skill level from 1500-1650 or so. I think it's mostly because 1500+ games generally have between like 1500-1700 players so they get mixed in together a lot.

Idon`tCare
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
It's a 5v5 game so if you don't play with 4 friends there will always be a part of chance with your team mate. It doesn't matter how hard you rape your lane if the 2 other lanes are getting raped even more and then they just say "let's concede" and go afk in the wood.

Conclusion : PSR work fine to find people with a level "close" to yours so you can have fun but it'll never be a perfect tool to judge your level. Just play for fun not for stats, it's just a game, people seems to forget this too often...

mitha
08-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Sometimes i think KD shouldnt be shown in the stats at all. My brother plays almost pure support and still some morons flame him for his 0.7 KD.

For me, PSR works. It's not exact, everyone has good and bad days/streaks (just dropped by 60 points myself). But in general, 1800 is better than 1700. Be it carrying, ganking or supporting.

Problem is, in lower tier games support wont help that lot. Bad players will feed even if you saw the inc coming via wards. But they didnt. So if you are in games far under your own skilllevel, playing dsham is just a bad idea.

And at higher levels of play the picks get more important too. 1300+ can work with 5 carries, 1700+ can't. That's the reason why i hate AR ^^

In general though, psr is the best skillrating-system i have encountered so far.

Jocke`
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
It only takes 1 newbie to pick useless hero and lose the game.It doesnt take 2 or 3 just 1.

same thing for the other team, just that 4 people can mess up your teams picks but 5 people can mess up their teams picks

Jocke`
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
in order to win in pubs you must have either a good team or friends to play with or luck.Just like a lottery really but what can u expect, its a team game.

Other night i went 18/3 with deadwood and still lost.Really fustrating.

A good way to gain psr is to join no ab games that range from 1400-1700.Those guys have inflated and faked psr cuz they play as a team and win and its easy pickings if u have a team and if ur good u should get some good stats.Like they were 1300-1400 but got a team toghether and followed some basic guides and they got huge psr but their awareness is low to nothing aswell as what x counters x.Be sure to check stats on ur own team and if some1 has horrible stats leave cuz hell fed.Another good thing is that the balance sometimes is in their favour so u get big psr if u win and los less psr if u ..well lose.

its not a lottery, you going 18/3 in a game and losing does not mean that the psr system is useless since its just one game, psr works as a whole

jar
08-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Had a pharoah in a 1650+ no ab game (we were on the pub team) who didn't skill mummies until like 8 or 9 and refused to use them. Finally after people telling him 5-6 times to use his mummy skill, he traps 3 of us inside his mummies (with no enemies) as soon as plague rider casts his ult. Before any wise ass says "hur dur grouped up with enemy plague," It was mid team fight when we were retreating through the bottleneck in hellborne mid rax too so it's not like we were all clumped up on purpose.

Moral of my cool story bro is that pubs will be retarded. The enemy team had 4 locks and a bad tempest that game and ended up losing to us despite our pharoah who missed every ult and trapped me in his mummies in two team fights. If you can play well enough to outshine your bad teammates you can still win. A lot of this boils down to playing pubstar heros like SS, DW, valk, FA, Hag, CD, Pebbles, nymph. And yes, you won't always succeed when you dominate a game. I played against a solo mid codex nymph this weekend who was like 12-0 in the first 20 minutes or so. However, no one on her team built any support items and we had myself as dsham and some other support who bought astrolabe, barrier, etc. And we ended up winning. However, the majority of the time when you're on a bloodbath 15 minutes in, the enemy will concede.

EGNesTea420
08-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Had a pharoah in a 1650+ no ab game (we were on the pub team) who didn't skill mummies until like 8 or 9 and refused to use them. Finally after people telling him 5-6 times to use his mummy skill, he traps 3 of us inside his mummies (with no enemies) as soon as plague rider casts his ult. Before any wise ass says "hur dur grouped up with enemy plague," It was mid team fight when we were retreating through the bottleneck in hellborne mid rax too so it's not like we were all clumped up on purpose.

Moral of my cool story bro is that pubs will be retarded. The enemy team had 4 locks and a bad tempest that game and ended up losing to us despite our pharoah who missed every ult and trapped me in his mummies in two team fights. If you can play well enough to outshine your bad teammates you can still win. A lot of this boils down to playing pubstar heros like SS, DW, valk, FA, Hag, CD, Pebbles, nymph. And yes, you won't always succeed when you dominate a game. I played against a solo mid codex nymph this weekend who was like 12-0 in the first 20 minutes or so. However, no one on her team built any support items and we had myself as dsham and some other support who bought astrolabe, barrier, etc. And we ended up winning. However, the majority of the time when you're on a bloodbath 15 minutes in, the enemy will concede.

Heh that was against me and my friends. And yeah our tempest was god awful.

Jayrod
08-02-2010, 04:48 PM
meh I dunno I have my main and my sub at roughly the same psr and I play mainly support on my sub. My sub was actually 1760 until I went on a 5 game losing streak this weekend with it. I dont think it has as much to do with the team as me not playing my best when we lose. Thats not always the case... sometimes your teammates can make you lose... like when u have a hero with blink and another hero with stun that refuses to go against their devourer+glacius combo when Dev's being played by Ruffian. Instead youd rather send hellbringer/soulreaper lane to feed early game when you could have survived it easy with a lane swap.

Other than situations like that... I tend to shoulder as much of the blame I can justify just to see what I could have done better or different next time.

Monlo
08-02-2010, 04:48 PM

I would actually like to watch this out of pure hilarity

EGNesTea420
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I would actually like to watch this out of pure hilarity

I'd show you the replay but my clan played really embarrassing in it :(.

jar
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd show you the replay but my clan played really embarrassing in it :(.

well in your defense, we were running the OP nymph pebbles for the lulz, I think we went like 15-1 with that combo in 2 days.

Sadfaz3
08-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Until you are actually decent enough to carry pubs, it's just about luck.

[Which I'm not. :)]

EGNesTea420
08-03-2010, 05:53 PM
well in your defense, we were running the OP nymph pebbles for the lulz, I think we went like 15-1 with that combo in 2 days.

Yeah I've been running it a lot recently myself. Might have to keep on running it until they nerf it, too annoying to play against currently.

Mantle
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Psr works. The enemy team will have just as many "bad teammates" after a high amount of games, even more given that you're not a bad teammate yourself.

I had an alt in beta I used to goof around with in noob games when I didn't want to play all serious, and I was struggling to keep him below 1600psr with a 40% leave, so idk what the problem is. Maybe you're just not as good as you think?

EGNesTea420
08-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Honestly I find if you have decent stats but a low PSR you simply have issues taking over a game. At that PSR bracket it really doesn't matter what you play, pretty much anything played well can just dominate. (Except for maybe hardcore support :glac:).

I will say though that ever since I started balancing my games based off of PSR and TSR I've (for the most part) had a more enjoyable experience. Every now and then it does get skewed but it's not bad. I've gotten in the habit of kicking almost anyone below 4.00 TSR.

Pandamang
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Honestly I find if you have decent stats but a low PSR you simply have issues taking over a game. At that PSR bracket it really doesn't matter what you play, pretty much anything played well can just dominate. (Except for maybe hardcore support :glac:).

I will say though that ever since I started balancing my games based off of PSR and TSR I've (for the most part) had a more enjoyable experience. Every now and then it does get skewed but it's not bad. I've gotten in the habit of kicking almost anyone below 4.00 TSR.

Ya I agree, like for me main thing I think I need to improve on is when to go and pick up kills in a side lane as mid. Personally I feel that morale is more important than anything in this bracket, it's really hit and miss you ca have a great team but one argument can take 2+ people on your team out of the game

EGNesTea420
08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Ya I agree, like for me main thing I think I need to improve on is when to go and pick up kills in a side lane as mid. Personally I feel that morale is more important than anything in this bracket, it's really hit and miss you ca have a great team but one argument can take 2+ people on your team out of the game

Yup.

Also the thing some players need to realize is that you need to play differently in different brackets. In a higher up game ganking the sidelanes as mid without an opportune rune almost always just means you're going to waste your time unless you have an easy way to get there (nymph tp).

In a low PSR game though people rarely fall back or even call missing calls. Because of this it is really easy for a hero to go to a side lane on rune spawn and almost no matter what it is gank that side lane and get a double tap.

Pretty much there is **** you can get away with against low PSR players that you can't against better players. Hero choice becomes a lot different too. A hero such as :warb: :wild: are overpowered in a low skill game because low PSR players simply don't gank or ward the jungle. It's easy to rice for 20-25 minutes and come out and dominate the enemy team.

Likewise it's easy to "own mid" as a blood hunter because no one is going to double mid against him and most players are going to suck at last hitting.

The key to winning low psr matches is just figuring out the heroes that newbies have an issue with and exploiting that :).

Pandamang
08-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Jungling is so boring! 30mins running through camps without seeing an enemy player and then you come out kill 4 people and concede vote goes out. Fun stuff.

JeffyWho
08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I think in pub games its all luck who you get stuck with so for now i just play no stats to get better.

Tripwyr
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
This thread lost two pages after I cleaned it up, and for that reason I am closing it. PSR arguments have no place in the Training Grounds.