PDA

View Full Version : Item Suggestion: Gold Sniffer

SimpleFear
07-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Item Properties/Attributes:
* Allows the user to see the amount of gold opposing heroes have and have spent. (passive)
* +10% gold gained whenever gold is gained (passive)
* 650 gold, secret shop

Item ingredients:
* None

Goal of the item (optional, but preferred):
* Allow players to better keep track of the flow of the game by monitoring the amount of gold enemy heroes are collecting and spending.
* Extremely useful if S2 implements any spells/abilities that rely on gold as a variable. (Damage equal to money currently in heroes possession etc.)

Rippsy
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
The problem with this SimpleFear is its a nuclear arms race. 10% gold is a massive buff to gold earned. The second one player has that buff, all players need that buff. Everyone will need to buy this as an early item. Thus reducing the number of different builds you see early on. An exception to this is managing to keep a player entirely out of lane - that is not a realistic assumption though.

You can tell through experiance and what items/how well a hero is doing what he is aiming for and how close he probably is too it if you are careful :)

On your 2nd point/goal I seriously hope there are no items ever introduced that use gold as a variable thats a horrifically horrible idea imo. Esp the thought of having it "stolen" or doing more dmg the more you have saved. Since that creates a massive feedback issue.

10: I've saved 3000g to buy BIG item
20: I'm going to nuke you for 25% in hp of current gold you have
30: Yey 750dmg nuke
40: Oh, I've died, now i need to save again..
50: go to 10

Karmashock
07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
The item is too cheap. Quadruple the price and it might be ok.

that or massively nerf it...

Shakrai
07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
It is not good, I agree with Rippsy.

Although, some skills based on money can be used, but limited to a maximum ammount, like say, 400 dmg a nuke if you have a lot of gold. Still, something to be thought out.

But I hope they never put or use anything even remotely similar to what you're going for, SimpleFear.