PDA

View Full Version : recieving disconect error from all games for altered core files?

RufiO_o
07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
don't recall the exact msg, but i was disconnected from all games receiving the same msg "disconnect_modified_core_files" after the bar finished loading into the game.
i have a lot of different mods through mod manager as well as some skins for the heroes in normal s2z files. although i did bother to at least back up the whole HoN folder and then delete out the skins. but still got the same response.
does anyone know what filter, or restriction S2 has put into HoN? i have not played in a while and dont know if a certain type of mod has been deemed unacceptable now.

Oloko
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
don't recall the exact msg, but i was disconnected from all games receiving the same msg "disconnect_modified_core_files" after the bar finished loading into the game.
i have a lot of different mods through mod manager as well as some skins for the heroes in normal s2z files. although i did bother to at least back up the whole HoN folder and then delete out the skins. but still got the same response.
does anyone know what filter, or restriction S2 has put into HoN? i have not played in a while and dont know if a certain type of mod has been deemed unacceptable now.

You are in the wrong section of the forum, this section is for completed guide.

Did you back up the folder before a patch? Like you made a backup of version 1.5, so after you replaced your folder you would end up with a 1.6.x version with 1.5 files.

RufiO_o
07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
my apologies, i simply backed up he complete files after i recieved this msg and the disconnects.
just so, if i wanted to try to take out mods or skins i would still have them.
otherwise i wasnt backing up before a patch or anything. i checked/tried to play, and did the backing up all today.

i will go into another section of the mods i guess. or at least a more specific to a certain mod, perhaps some will know there. or pm maxghost i think it is. i have asked him questions on mods before.