View Full Version : tooltips stay visible when they shouldn't
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM
See thread title.
How to Replicate:
It can happen when you mouse-over something with a tooltip and then the game switches to something else.
- hover over repick or swap button when the game commences (countdown has to reach zero for that to happen as ready disables those buttons), tooltip stays with cursor when pressing F6 and is even displayed after the game ends
Reason for the bug:
Tooltips get removed from the screen on mouse-out, which can't happen if the element for the mouse-out isn't there anymore.
- Groups for tooltips. E.g. when the game starts you do CloseWidgetGroup("pre_game_tooltips")
- Alternate solution: when an element is removed or goes hidden, treat it as a mouse-out action, too.
are you using a mod, ie miniui?
05-25-2010, 01:47 AM
- hover over courier skill 4 (homeward bound) befor you skilled your hero's ultimate, then switch to your hero by key bind -> hero ultimate tooltip on the screen all time
Still trying to replicate this, haven't been able to so far.
- hover over repick or swap button when the game commences (countdown has to reach zero for that to happen as ready disables those buttons), tooltip stays with cursor when pressing F6 and is even displayed after the game ends.
I can confirm this.
05-25-2010, 02:24 AM
This was fixed supposedly in past patches.
Most likely has to do with a mod.
05-25-2010, 02:30 AM
I experience this similar issue, when I mouse over an ability, the description often stays there until I skill it up
Which sux if its my ult cause it stays there till level 6+
I don't use any mods, it isn't 100% of the time but every 3 or 4 games
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I haven't had this happen since retail patch fixed it.
Are you using windows or a different version of the game?
Temporary fix: Scroll over the skills for your flying courier. It will remove any tooltips currently present.
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
This has happens to me a lot, although I've never intentionally replicated the glitch. Can be a huge nuisance when a skill has a lengthy description, covering a large portion of the screen. I've also had it happen out of the game, but only once. I can't remember button/option it was for, but when I joined a game night before last I had a tip stay on throughout the whole lobby + hero selection process, and it was a tool tip that followed my cursor. In this case, it wasn't as annoying since it vanished upon the actual start of the game. Running a clean install of HoN, I have never used a mod of any sort.
What HoN client are you guys running? Windows mostly?
05-26-2010, 06:40 AM
okay I'm sorry, the unit-switching bug has been fixed apparently :) the other still remains
05-28-2010, 04:04 AM
K good to confirm that. Moving to confirmed, ther's also a similar one with the public games list tooltips, as opposed to lobby tooltips.
06-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Fixed next patch