PDA

View Full Version : item builds for bubbles?

MoreBaked
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
and skill builds but i was wondering what you guys are going on him/

Proxymate
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I never played Puck in DotA, but I think that Stomspirit, Sheepstick, Portal Key and Frostfield plate are all great items on him.

:TabletOfCommand: is great on just about every hero, I'm not sure if it can trigger the second stun on his ult though.

As for skill builds, I think maxing the pbae silence first is a good idea, and then taking tp or invulnerability depending on the lane.

MoreBaked
05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I never played Puck in DotA, but I think that Stomspirit, Sheepstick, Portal Key and Frostfield plate are all great items on him.

:TabletOfCommand: is great on just about every hero, I'm not sure if it can trigger the second stun on his ult though.

As for skill builds, I think maxing the pbae silence first is a good idea, and then taking tp or invulnerability depending on the lane.
how about initial items?

ElementUser
05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
how about initial items?

Standard openers work fine, the openers vary and don't matter too much.

If you mean his core items, Bottle and Marchers are all he needs. Throw in Power Supply and perhaps a Bracer to cover his squishyness early on

MoreBaked
05-22-2010, 02:35 PM

If you mean his core items, Bottle and Marchers are all he needs. Throw in Power Supply and perhaps a Bracer to cover his squishyness early on
alright thanks =]

dune
05-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Steamboots or Posthaste if you're getting a good farm. Portal Key -> Nullstone/Sheepstick -> Frostfield

iSlayDragons
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Whats the portal key for? Doesn't he have like a 2000 range blink already?

pk_thunder
05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
double blink is always funny

use pk to initiate and use shell to run out if needed :D

Easy_Lee
05-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Marchers, bottle, but you gotta have portal key after that because it lets you initiate and escape.

Take Cover - lasts three seconds at max level. Portal key is unusable for three seconds after getting hit. Take cover, wait full duration, immediately portal key out at end.

Song of the Sea - silences, but you have to be right next to enemy. Portal key in and silence, Kelp Field (ult), then Shell Surf out of there.

Also, since he doesn't need much farm, you should buy a courier/upgrade courier to help out your team at beginning of game. For starting items I like to buy courier, then get runes of the blight and some stats items, standard int support stuff.

dune
05-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Portal Key is insanely useful because of his 3 seconds of invulnerability - this means that even if you take player-based damage you can just hide in your shell for 3 seconds and then immediately blink out. Lets you use your telenuke to initiate or just farm more.

Steffen
05-22-2010, 05:58 PM
nearly anything has been said.

but a nullstone is always nice on int who tend to initiate.
fits very well against certain lineups.

apart from that, probably kuldras.

Neru
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Nullstone and Frostfield totally counter his squishability but are more late game. An early bracer, power supply and steam boots counter his early low HP quite well. Tablet of Command does force the extra stun onto people, but I generally use it to escape/initiate.

Mewtwo
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM

That sums it up. from there it's blink, sheep stick and various other typical 'int' lategame items.

Pwnograhpy
05-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I personally get a courier and basic stat items/regens to start or start on my talisman of exiles early if there's already a courier. By the end of late game I usually have marchers and 2 talismans of exile. (I prefer them for more mana over the extra hp) By mid game I have my portal key. Later I get a stormspirit and a sacrificial heart if it goes on for that long.

I usually get his teleport first and get it to lv2 asap then max out his silence. I max the teleport after the silence. I don't find his hide shell thing too useful since I'm usually ganking with him over being ganked and it's not very useful unless you max it. So I just max it last when I finally get my pkey.

girls
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
This is how I always built Puck:

Bottle, Power Supply, Boots->Travel, Shivas, Sheep

You can also get a Bloodstone, but you generally want it early and I dislike postponing Shivas, since it is SO good on Puck. You can also get a Bracer or two if needed, Puck plays somewhat suicidal, health is good.

Assuming S2 also copies the scepter changes to Puck, it is pretty good.

failshot
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Puck was fairly item independent in DoTA. Bubbles from what Ive tried on him seems around the same.

:Nullstone::PlatedGreaves::Puzzlebox::Portalkey: are all really good. I tried :TabletOfCommand::KuldrasSheepstick::SacrificialSt one: but it doesnt seem like he's going to be able to farm those items fairly well.

Nasakenai
05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Dagon to frost

failshot
05-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Dagon to frost

For luxury of course you can't beat Frostwolf Skull. I would only ever build Dagon/ Codex if I feel like being a complete jerk to my team. And I hardly believe Bubbles needs a Codex at all.

SilverStars
05-22-2010, 11:10 PM
So, his role is...ganker? Initiator? Or just some funny hero like Magmus with a powerhouse ult?

failshot
05-22-2010, 11:14 PM
So, his role is...ganker? Initiator? Or just some funny hero like Magmus with a powerhouse ult?

My best say would be both actually. His abilities are pretty interchangable to the situation.

iForkyou
05-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Boots, Bottle, Powersupply, get a blink dagger asap and finish post haste.
You are unkillable silence / aoe stun you cant run / burst powerhouse now.

Neru
05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
He's not an initiator, too squishy like that. He's a maximum damage, early ganker as well as a disrupter (silence). He'll be a secondary initiator, after some focus fire has been thrown on whatever buff hero went in first, you jump in and do massive damage/silence then get out.

iForkyou
05-23-2010, 08:49 AM
He's not an initiator, too squishy like that. He's a maximum damage, early ganker as well as a disrupter (silence). He'll be a secondary initiator, after some focus fire has been thrown on whatever buff hero went in first, you jump in and do massive damage/silence then get out.

He has a silence, a stun and a wtf im invincible for 3 seconds. This is NOT squishy. Bubbles is only squishy if you have no clue how his spells work. Hes an awesome initiator.

Smireland
05-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Personally, I use the same build as I did for Puck in Dota.

:PostHaste: :HelmOfTheBlackLegio :Nullstone: :DaemonicBreastplate :Bottle: :MysticVestments:

Obviously, bottle and marchers. Marchers to Post Haste. Farm like the dickins to HOTBL, picking up Vestments on the way. Next is Nullstone, and then DB if it goes on long enough.

Then again, I play puck as an initiator with a vengeance, and his item build when I play him in EM is different.

:Codex: :Bottle: :EnhancedMarchers: :AssassinShroud: :Shieldbreaker:
Edit: Shaman's headdress is great on him if you don't go for nullstone, or HOTBL in that last inventory spot. Whatever floats your boat, imo. Without either you might get gayed into a death for not being quick thinking enough, but you can do it without. I do. Lol.

Bottle --> GhostMarchers --> Codex1 ---> Shroud ---> Codex to 4, breaker if it goes on long enough.

That way I can shell in, blink, codex, shroud out, come back for the free crit and silence blast for more kills, and use kelp to stop runners.

Neru
05-23-2010, 09:06 AM
He has a silence, a stun and a wtf im invincible for 3 seconds. This is NOT squishy. Bubbles is only squishy if you have no clue how his spells work. Hes an awesome initiator.

His spells are anti-squishy yes, but that doesn't negate the fact he has probably the lowest base strength/hp in the game. It's like saying Nymphora is an initiator just because she has a stun and a heal. Bubble's stun is 1 second and then only more if they leave the area. Any good team won't be all bunched together so his Silence can hit everyone, and then its GG bye bye HP. I know exactly how his spells work, but in any game when your team aren't all friends on vent and totally aware about whats happening against a team of monkey-brained idiots, you'll be shut down.

iForkyou
05-23-2010, 09:12 AM
His spells are anti-squishy yes, but that doesn't negate the fact he has probably the lowest base strength/hp in the game. It's like saying Nymphora is an initiator just because she has a stun and a heal. Bubble's stun is 1 second and then only more if they leave the area. Any good team won't be all bunched together so his Silence can hit everyone, and then its GG bye bye HP. I know exactly how his spells work, but in any game when your team aren't all friends on vent and totally aware about whats happening against a team of monkey-brained idiots, you'll be shut down.

No its not like saying nymphora is an initiator because of stun / heal, its like saying puck is an initiator because of alot of spells that let him initiate, of spells that do the most when you are right inside of the enemy and of a spell that turn him unkillable for 3 freakin seconds and lets you blink out again. You ping 3 times and go in, even most puppers are aware of something like that.

Neru
05-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Fair enough, he can initiate, but he is still paper thin and I'd much prefer going in with a second initiator or right after to maximise your potential. You can still be shutdown with your 3 second invunerability since the second you come out of it a stun will just smash you making you unable to escape. Maybe I'm wrong competitively, but personally I don't enjoy sending a low HP hero in first, even with silences and an escape mechanism.

WorstPlayer
05-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Boots, bottle, bracer, Wand, Portal key

PK in, blow everything you have, shouldnt be touched with your silence + ministun, use shell to get out of dodge. Wait for the CD's to reset and repeat.

Capricious
05-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Fair enough, he can initiate, but he is still paper thin and I'd much prefer going in with a second initiator or right after to maximise your potential. You can still be shutdown with your 3 second invunerability since the second you come out of it a stun will just smash you making you unable to escape. Maybe I'm wrong competitively, but personally I don't enjoy sending a low HP hero in first, even with silences and an escape mechanism.

If the rest of your team isnt following up in those 3 seconds of invuln, you have bigger problems...

_`FataL
05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
you must a courrier.
in a early game, bottle is important.maximize your skill-1 and skill-2 for farming( Puck in Dota is good farmer) but take also level 1 of skill-3 for not easily be gank by enemies.first i build (1.)steam boots (switch to STR type for high HP ot INT type if have no opponent in the lane or i fell safe) then build this item in---> (2.)codex(for ganking pr KS purposes), (3.)icon of the goddess the turn it on sacrificial stone, (4.)sheepstick, then upgrade codex to level 3, (5.)frostfield plate and last (6.) hellflower.

for easy understanding...(1.) steam boots (2.) codex (3.) sacrificial stone (4.) sheepstick (5.)frostfield plate and (6.) hellflower
note: no need for portal believe puck have a skill 1 for escaping and also sorry for my english..[^^]v

Klama
05-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Marchers stormspirit, wards, and nullstone frostfield.

1 slide in
2 silence
3 ult
4 invul
5 stormspirit invul
6 invul

You wont get many kills but hell lots of asists, and a won game. He is the best initiator. If the team follows in of course, if not your toast but well, thats what initiating is about. And the long invul time.

Proxymate
05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
3 seconds shouldbe enough for your team to get in.

iSlayDragons
05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh alright, thanks for the answers guys :) I got PK when I played him and was able to do a LOT more, setting up more ganks, kills, and so forth.

I <3 this hero, he feels like you need finesse to use him, which I like.

<3 S2 for porting Puck <3

ZaF
05-23-2010, 01:00 PM
courier, 2 totems, tangosx6, 1 mana pot--> boots--> bottle--> steamboots--> stormspirirt/portal key--> frostified armour.

Animal`
05-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I LOVE frostfield plate on him. It just adds so much utility with the damage and the slow on top of your already significant AoE. PK is another really nice pick up.