PDA

View Full Version : Magic Damage vs Magic Armor

soljax
08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Magical nukes seem to be doing considerably more damage in HoN than they ever did in Dota. Heroes like thunderbringer, pyromancer, magnus, moonqueen and torturer can inflict much more damage than seems appropriate early game. I think something is quirky with magical armor, and is giving an unnecessary advantage to magical nukes.

ApolloFeed
08-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Base Magic Armor: 5.5
HON Total Reduction = 1 - (1 / (1 + 5.5 * .06)) = 24.81%
Dota Total Reduction = 25%

Hood Magic Armor = 15.5
HON Total Reduction = 1 - (1 / (1 + 15.5 * .06)) = 48.19%
Dotal Total Reduction = 1 - (.75 * .7) = 47.5%

Close enough.

If nukes seem to do more damage than they're supposed to, it's probably because more people aren't buying bracers or early survivability in hon compared to dota. People love the +5 health ring, and that isn't going to do **** when you're being nuked to death.

soljax
08-18-2009, 05:46 PM
The numbers seem fine, but the damage isn't. I don't recall zeus level 3 nuking a hero for 1/3rd health. How does the magic resist scale as you level?

I don't have any empirical data.. I just play the game. I can say that in 145 games of HoN I've played, and played against int heroes. They're incredibly easy-sauce.... So I don't think that the system is correct yet.

ApolloFeed
08-18-2009, 05:51 PM
How does the magic resist scale as you level?
Lol, you said you played dota. Magic resist doesn't increase or scale with level in HoN or dota. You just get more health from extra strength as you level up.

Vanilla
08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Just get more str or health, if zeus is soloing mid, by the time he hits lvl7 most people only have like 600-700hp and this is where all the crying is coming from

Shugo_akakak
08-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't forget Thunderbringer's passive makes him one of the best-scaling nukers. Pyromancer with Staff of the Master also has a 1810-damage combo and a 560-damage (with decent AOE) combo on very short cooldown. I haven't played the hero with Cursed Ground yet, but it probably scales incredibly in team fights.

Sufferr
08-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Don't forget Thunderbringer's passive makes him one of the best-scaling nukers. Pyromancer with Staff of the Master also has a 1810-damage combo and a 560-damage (with decent AOE) combo on very short cooldown. I haven't played the hero with Cursed Ground yet, but it probably scales incredibly in team fights.

Yes, Voodoo Jester (Witch Doc.) he does, is awesome.