PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream!

CapnKangaroo
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
A dream in which the douchebags of the Heroes of Newerth community were finally punished for their douchebaggery! Where people would think twice about insulting you after ganking 3 on 1.

Here's what I am thinking! A black list inside of HoN, players who are added to a banlist excessively by multiple other players (And usually have good reasons to follow it) will be added to this blacklist. When they join a game, the host (If this option is turned on) will be alerted that this player is on the blacklist.

I am thinking something along the lines of at least 15 different people adding an individual to their banlist, all for similar reasoning (Like for me, when ever I play someone that I learn to really hate, I do /banlist add "NAME" douchebag). And let's say that the first offense of being on the blacklist will last for 24 hours. Afterwards, if the player keeps being an ass in games and say 5 more people add him to the banlist, he receives a 72 hour blacklist. If the offenses continue it will increase to a week maximum. Each reported offense (banlist adds), will become a new statistic "Added to a banlist: %times%"

I am trying to think through every loop whole that this could be abused (because it would). So here's a thought, in order to be blacklisted, players wishing to add someone to a blacklist must play with this individual in a game. They may only receive one mark per game, to prevent people from constantly blacklisting someone. And each person can only report an offender to the list ONCE.

While this feature wouldn't totally the players odds of finding games, it will definitely make them think twice about doing this. Almost sort of like a community ban. The community in this game is in need of some serious spring cleaning. There are jerks out there that can ruin the entire game for a new player just by basically rubbing their **** in the new players face.

Here is a list of reasons I just thought of on the top of my head:
Being a jerk
Employing unsavory tactics (Backdooring)
Feeding\Being Fed (Note: this must be done purposely, and this kind of offense must be agreed on by the entire team apart from the feeder himself, so if it were a 5v5, 4 of the players on the feeder's team must agree to add them to the banlist. This kind of offense would also be reported to the moderators)
Any other reason.

Connect
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
You got my vote. The current ban list system isn't much good.

Edit, and i went to vote, but no poll.

Firion
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
its a good concept. i'd like to see it developed and implemented

_poop_
04-30-2010, 03:38 PM
meh sounds kinda exploitable. if i really didn't like someone i could totally tell a bunch of my hon buddies to ban him for the same reason. all you can do is just ban whoever you can and kick them from your games. douchebaggery has and always will be a problem on the internet and there isn't really anything we can do about it

R4GE
04-30-2010, 03:40 PM
xploitable like _poop_ said, someone doesnt like me, they tell all their mates to banlist me for no reason, i get kicked from every game. -__-

Pub_StaR
04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
It cannot be done it would be abused. Just find some friends problem solved. Banning people on the other team for being mean to you is silly, its a competitive game.

Swordflash4
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
A very good idea, tho i think that the douche bag will abuse it against you or something. Can it be done? I don't know.