PDA

View Full Version : ♥ Focus Buffer and Barrier Idol

dadragon
04-26-2010, 01:44 AM
If you have a Focus Buffer on you and also the Barrier Idol buff, then you get, say, shot by a lvl 3 silver bullet, which of the two blocks it first, Focus Buffer or Barrier Idol?

Tape
04-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Tested in practice mode.

Trial One: Focus Buffer cast first, Barrier Idol cast second; Witch Slayer level 3 Silver Bullet cast on The Chipper.

Results: Focus Buffer removed, Barrier Idol remained active.

Trial Two: Barrier Idol cast first, Focus Buffer cast second; Witch Slayer level 3 Silver Bullet cast on The Chipper

Results: Barrier Idol removed, Focus Buffer remained active.

Conclusion: Whichever form of shield is cast first will take the damage first.

dadragon
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Oh. Thanks for testing.

Though wouldn't it be more logical if the last one applied be the first to go? It's like getting shot with a flack jacket on. The jacket gets hit and not your shirt inside. Hahaha. Just a though.

MrCosgrove
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Oh. Thanks for testing.

Though wouldn't it be more logical if the last one applied be the first to go? It's like getting shot with a flack jacket on. The jacket gets hit and not your shirt inside. Hahaha. Just a though.
though you would want the first activated shield to be used, because it may run out of time sooner :)
though this would wreck you and your t-shirt (or ahve you any high-tech kevlar t-shirt :D )

dadragon
04-26-2010, 02:47 AM
Ah. Very true. :smile:

Ruphian
04-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Sample size of 2.

win`
04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
game mechanics are consistent, no need for larger sample sizes larger than that ruphian

ElementUser
04-26-2010, 09:10 AM
TheHasBeen, you could have just searched for this thread and just deduce it based on my old tests lol

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=80067

Tape
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I had an excess of free time.

Also, testing would have been faster than thinking "Hmm I wonder if anyone has does this before; I should search for it."