PDA

View Full Version : Chronos help

Riptide
04-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I've just started to try out :chro: in the past few games and have been completely sucking as him. I do fine as other carries such as :mage:, but for some reason i cant do chronos.

I start out with logger's, 2 minor totems, and 9 runes. I do pretty good at early game laning with last hits and build up iron shield and steamboots pretty fast, but from there it just goes downhill. I never seem to be able to get the farm that i need. In any fight I do pitiful damage. When i ult, its probably hurting my team more then it is helping them because I cant kill anything inside it. The games don't usually last long enough for me to build up a decent farm. The other team always pushes us back and forces me to play defensively, so its dangerous to lane. When i neutral, my team usually gets destroyed without me.

I was also wondering what items to go for on chronos. After boots i usually get an elder parasite, but even with the attack speed my damage is not enough to kill anything. I saw a chronos in a professional match go runed axe first (before boots) and then parasite and then savage mace.

On a side note what is a solid item build for other heroes such as :mage:? I used to get whispering helm and then frostburn or shieldbreaker, but now they don't stack anymore. Its usually too early to start a wingbow or savage mace. What is a good early/mid game carry item for him?

WTFCALLMISS
04-25-2010, 05:08 AM
start off by buying a hatchet, a buckler, and a health potion. the buckler will allow you to avoid a lot of damage. try to last hit yourself to a lifetube within 3-4 mins(grab it at the outpost) and then work towards runed axe.

this will allow you to farm a lot faster and more efficiently. boots arent really necessary early on chronos, as he has a great escape mechanism

MichaelBurge
04-25-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't like Chronos after all his new changes - I feel he can't carry as hard as he used to. The old old Chronos was useless early on, but a very capable hard carry lategame. The new remake made him alot more useful early, while only sacrificing lategame a bit. Now he can't carry, has a little better early-game, same mid-game since the damage from his bashes was moved to his time leap. He's useless unless you have a Forsaken Archer or Pollywog or something on the outside.

With the new changes to lifesteal, I'd suggest a Shieldbreaker instead of an Elder Parasite. I don't recommend Runed Axe because he's no longer a hard carry - you can try to get a Shieldbreaker, Charged Hammer, or Savage Mace like you always used to; or you can try something more exotic like a Staff of the Master, since he's only good for his ulti now - Puzzlebox might work, or a Frostfield Plate to help with mana and initiation. Get a power supply early on as well.

Since you're less of a carry and more an initiator, try to gank every time your ulti is up and teleport back to teamfights.

Neru
04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
He's still a strong carry.

waxx1
04-25-2010, 09:08 AM
hes not a hard carry

wait what did i miss something

Neru
04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
He's stronger early game and shines around Mid to Late game. Late game He's still a forced to be reckoned with, but can probably be taken down by a Swift or Corrupted of the same farm. But only just, he's still very strong.

Sevardos
04-25-2010, 06:54 PM
chronos is still a hard carry.
in the beginning your only job is to farm. you can use your charge and ult to get a some kills on your lane, if you have a good partner, but thats it. in a team fight you are too weak, and ult lasts too short, and you are too squishy. so you only have to worry about optimizing your farm.

start with axe, shield, runes. get lifetube first, upgrade shield, get steamboots, finish runed axe, get elder parasite, get frostburn (i know these dont stack anymore, but the hp and attack speed are very useful, and you can just switch modifiers as you need them. when chasing someone you dont need lifesteal and only the slow, in a big fight you only need lifesteal, so no big loss), then riftshards and wingbow.

you could rush runed and get it before steamboots, but this just means runed axe maybe 5 minutes earlier, while you are slower, hit slower, and have less hp. imho this tradeoff doesnt make your farm more efficient, but you risk dieing and missing a kill because auf your speed. so i would rush the axe only on a lane with freefarm.

as chronos its really important that you can farm well. you should be able to make at least 300gpm. your farm should be ok if you get lifetube before 4:30, runed axe and steamboots before 25, elder before 30, and frostburn before 40. you start getting really useful with elder.
a really good farm is lifetube about 3, boots and axe about 20, and elder at 23.

pk_thunder
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
chronos is a balanced hard carry
only retards/baddies think that the nerf killed him

He's stronger early game and shines around Mid to Late game. Late game He's still a forced to be reckoned with, but can probably be taken down by a Swift or Corrupted of the same farm. But only just, he's still very strong.
not if chronos ults first (well cd would be tanky so that depends)

Shouta
04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
chronos is a balanced hard carry
only retards/baddies think that the nerf killed him

not if chronos ults first (well cd would be tanky so that depends)
Hmm i dont know why F8 mean chronos is underpowered and many other high gamers. Swift for example is 10000x times better.Ah and first trust the nm players and the players over 1800 PSR. And for the other guy.
Try at begin with hatchet,stout shield, some heal and have courier on your team to bring some new heal. Go to the easier line HB up Legion DOwn creep pull at 0.45 sec 1.15 sec and then each 2.15 ....5.15. Get Leap and Rewind if you want to be the hard carry to avoid get killed. If you want to gank get Leap Bash, and try some alternatives build

Sevardos
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
swift is overpowered atm, so comparing with him every hero is too weak (except zeph). and there is no reason to get bash first, on low lvls the stun is too short, and you attack too slow to get anything useful out of that skill.

Pwnograhpy
04-26-2010, 01:11 AM
What all these guys said. I noticed that he's good for initiate if you've got certain heroes such as FA or plague rider. FA's ult rapes everything it hits and plague is self explanatory.

Ryuukun
04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
:LoggersHatchet::MinorTotem::MinorTotem::RunesOfTh eBlight::HealthPotion:
:IronBuckler::DuckBoots::DuckBoots: - :IronShield:
:Lifetube::Manatube: - :Sustainer::Broadsword::BastardSword: - :RunedAxe:

in that order.
After that get whatever carry items you want.
Farming should be easy enough now anyway.

lllift
04-26-2010, 02:49 AM
งงอย่างแรง ๆๆ