PDA

View Full Version : Predator: Build Shrunken head over attack speed?

Siberian
04-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Now, see it was always my understanding that carnivorous scaled really well with attack speed. Since it's a fixed % of health per hit, thus on predator you want to jack your attack speed up. So it's steam boots and insanatarious then late game demonic breast plate.

Now, in my last game I had a predator who was absolutely adamant that the best thing to do on predator was to rush shrunken head and use +dmg phase boots and just ignore attack speed all together.

He was absolutely insistent that this was the best thing to do on predator and that getting any +attack speed gear at all was a waste of his time.

Late game he did get a elder parasite, though I'll give him that.

LibrtiORDeth
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
I do get Shrunken Head as Predator on occasion, generally only if they have a very large percentage of magic damage/disable, and there's no limit to how much magic immunity is useful. I don't do it often, though.

Coopse
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
2/10

Crazy_Azy
04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
did this about once or twice aswell, against a disable heavy team u can stonehide -> shrunken -> stonehide which equals ~ 20sec of magic immunity ;)

WorstPlayer
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
He needs -armor because Carnivorous deals Physical damage. He gets enough attack speed from his ultimate.

Shrunken head is pretty situational on him; good, but situational - in most cases it is overkill.

Kaiserjohan
04-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Shrunken is just godlike versus most teams. Stone -- shrunken -- stone, your magic immune the whole fight. You can initiate with ez. At around mid-game, you just cant be brought down in a teamfight, since their carry aint hard (yet). Plus it gives good dmg and hp.

Seriously, it's beastly. That, and insanitarius.