PDA

View Full Version : For Blood Hunter

Retarderous
04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
For blood hunter i have trouble farming mock of brilliance so i just farm for a Frostburn. For the games i played with him i enjoyed using frostburn and got good kills but can anybody tell me the advantage of using a mock of brilliance over frostburn?

Nobody
04-17-2010, 11:30 AM
1) Don't buy frostburn, you got max MS with upgraded boots and a low hp enemy anyway so the icebrand part isnt worth it, just buy icebrand and upgrade to frostwolf later in the game.

2) if you are playing bloodhunter chances are that you will be solo mid preventing their solo mid hero from farming(unless they go duo mid to stop you in which case you are screwed) but if you are solo mid then gank as much as you can from level 6, get some quick boots(steam) for extra hp and attack speed and ofc max movement speed and then farm mock fast as hell since you can completely ignore any harassment 70% of the time due to feast.

Retarderous
04-17-2010, 11:34 AM
But i always stay on the top lane if hellbourne or bottom lane if legion. Also I find it hard ganking {I like to gank at level6} with only steam boots.

Neru
04-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Mock of Brilliance = unexpected heals as your aura kills nearby creeps + harassment + chasing.

If you really can't farm it get Firebrand, Shrunken Head, Geometres, Savage etc.

EDIT: Blood hunter should go midlane. Gives him maximum farm and maximum ganking potential.

MrSmith
04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Mock of Brilliance is only one out of many good items for bloodhunter (frostburn isn't).
I also saw him played very well with savage mace/wingbow.

Meowshi
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
In my opinion, blood hunter should go wherever he can get farm. If that means being babysat on safe lane, then by all means get babysat on short lane. People pick him as a "Suprise! We have a mid lane that heals all harassment!" that... isn't so much of a suprise anymore.

But- I hear people say that mock is actually a bad item on Blood hunter due to it not giving him any survivability. I somewhat agree with them- basically, the theory is that the aoe aura will net you kills without you knowing it, and while chasing you don't need to attack the enemy, just kind of be around them and that'll kill them (Trust me, that's better than it sounds). However, due to lack of survivability, I'm on the fence. I think the general consensus is: If you can get it within 15-20 minutes, you're gold. Otherwise, your gold is best spent elsewhere.

You need to judge and ask yourself: Can I freefarm for 15-20 minutes + get hero kills? Yes-> Go for it. Maybe-> Don't bother, you're gimping yourself way too much. No -> Don't bother, you'll never save up 3.8k gold.

Eltharon
04-17-2010, 03:03 PM
It's all about AS

waxx1
04-17-2010, 03:36 PM
go mid
get all ck
gank
build mock and bkb
????????
profit

Pandabro
04-17-2010, 04:26 PM
The old "rush mock on BH" mentality is a little outdated. Shrunken Head is a much more valuable item on him. After a shrunken head a Savage Mace, Wingbow, possibly even an Icebrand > Frostwolf will all be about as useful as a Mock.

MasamuneXero
04-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Mock is put on him because people can't portal key away.

SpEks
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Is Charged Hammer a bad idea on BH?

Thunder`Pig
04-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I've been using a codex on him lately. I find I can rarely farm a mock before 25-30 mins, so I started going codex instead. I find it's gotten me a lot more kills.

I usually never play him unless I play a SD/AR game, but I still kinda hope for him, as he's one of the few heroes I have an excuse to buy a codex for :D

Neru
04-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Charged Hammer works on him but its luxury in my opinion.

KalurO
04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
go mid
get all ck
gank
build mock and bkb
????????
profit

People should stop harassing new players with DotA terms.
I'm gonna put a topic in the suggestion forum asking to ban DotA terms out in the training grounds because it confuses new players to no end.

destr0y
04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Well most players are attracted to this game due to the "new advancements" so wont it confuse some dota players with HoN terms?

OT: I think charged hammer would be good too, I haven't played him lately and I really hate building mock since if I die once i gotta farm again.

`DarkNegima
04-18-2010, 01:47 PM
For blood hunter i have trouble farming mock of brilliance so i just farm for a Frostburn. For the games i played with him i enjoyed using frostburn and got good kills but can anybody tell me the advantage of using a mock of brilliance over frostburn?

Mock = burn creeps to death ==> Wipe out creeps ===> Feast passive ===> Instant full HP from creep wave

Also, the burn damage of Mock synergies well with Hemorrhage + Blood crazy damage in terms of killing the softest of enemy heroes you can find..

Mock rushing is kinda old though...

@SpeKs

Its not that its bad, its just that there are more viable items to get..