PDA

View Full Version : Active Items Key Placement

ngstinc
08-12-2009, 06:05 PM
It's really something really small, but it would be much more comfortable having the active items keys to be (spacebar + key) instead of (alt + key). It's really small for something that may take a lot of work to redo, but this way, I would hardly ever need to move my left hand and my phase boots could be activated that much faster when a scout pops up when i'm headed b.

It's just a thought. Love the game, btw.

FiNGERS
08-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Im guessing you use your thumb for spacebar, its not that hard to move it over half an inch and hit the ALT key IMO. Have you tried rebinding the item hotkeys in the options.

cybertag
08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Im guessing you use your thumb for spacebar, its not that hard to move it over half an inch and hit the ALT key IMO. Have you tried rebinding the item hotkeys in the options.

This!

Vodka
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Agreed on having it be spacebar. Alt is too close to that goddamned windows key, and I don't want to accidentally hit THAT in the middle of a heated fight.

BlacRyu
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
nvm, do what heavy said.

HeavySoul
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
It might be possible to bind the inventory keys using Ctrl, and then rebind the Ctrl Modifier to Space. Creates other issues.

I do think that you ought to be able to bind any two keys of your choice to any customizable hotkey. More customization options are better.

Gedok
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
You know you can edit the controls right?